R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-29-2006, 12:54 PM   #136
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Ericw you will be very happy with Lightspeed equipment,the cells and motors are awesome
Old 11-29-2006, 03:23 PM   #137
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve eaves
Ericw you will be very happy with Lightspeed equipment,the cells and motors are awesome
That's what I've been hearing about Lightspeed.

One of my concerns is I want to get into racing but I don't want to drop major cash to do it, "yet".

If I go with a brushed motor how much time and effort is it going to take to keep the thing running? I know the upfront cost of a brushless motor is higher but does that fact that it require less maintenance worth it? Does the cost and effort to maintain a brushed motor make it worth spending the extra money to go brushless to begin with?

Thanks.
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:18 PM   #138
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricW
What charger would you recommend?
I recommend a Duratrax Ice, MuchMore, LRP Comp, CE Pit Bull, and others on par with the mentioned. I use two Novak Mill Pro's and my primary is a Futaba CDR5000.

Spoke with Ron a few days ago and he says the numbers look great for the batch he is releasing this Friday.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:48 PM   #139
Tech Adept

Tnaks guys for picking up the slack for me on here been real busy keep up the good work
L.P.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:32 PM   #140
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

HEY GUYS SINCE IVE STARTED RUNNING LIGHT SPEED TUNED MOTORS MY SPEED HAS REALLY COME UP I DONT KNOW WHAT THEASE GUYS ARE DOING BUT KEEP IT UP!
DR VOODOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:51 AM   #141
Tech Adept

Talking

thank you dr. voodoo.allso thanks for sending your guys over here for motors.if your not driving at lightspeed your not driving at all..LOL have a good day to all.RON
Old 12-01-2006, 03:50 PM   #142
Tech Adept

Talking rumors stink

I dont know were the rumors started dont care but lightspeed is not going anywere we still offer every body the same fast motors and high quality batteries and products at a good price..so stop the rumors in dallas and lets race and have fun...Thank you Ron Gustin
Old 12-04-2006, 11:06 PM   #143
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Thanks for the update Ron, keep up the great work! Look forward to receiving the new speedo!
Old 12-09-2006, 08:59 AM   #144
Tech Adept

Default Motor Questions

Hey Ron and L.P.I.,
I am using one of your #4040 8x1 Cobalt2 Based Motor-Standard brush. I use it in my electric dragster. Power is either 8x2200 NiMH (a 2/3 subC cell) or a newly assembled 8x2400 NiCD.

Here are some questions I hope you can help me with:

1) I seem to get an excessive amount of silver transfer or deposit on the comm. I am using #4040 brushes. Is this normal for my application? Is there an alternate brush you can recommend?

2) The motor came equipped with black springs. Are these the lt/med strength springs? Should I increase spring pressure to a Red-medium, or a Purple-Heavy? I estimate motor RPM at 35,967.

3) The #4040 came with two different style springs. What is the difference b/w a standard spring and an overhead spring? Which is which on my #4040 motor?

4) In my discussions with Jeremy, he said he would provide a Yokomo arm for the can. It provided more RPM. How can I tell if it is a Yoko arm? The windings are wrapped, tied, and epoxied over at the comm connection end of the arm if that helps.

5) How small a diam. can I cut the comm? I've cut it once and it is at 0.28" (7.3mm). I came to me at 0.29" (7.4mm)

6) You provide a zapping service for can magnets. What is your estimate on how often I will neeed to re-zap running 8cells? Are there indicators that will help me make a decision to re-zap before performance falls off drastically?

7) Do you have NEO magnets that you can install in the can? I intend to bump the power up to ten cells and have already built the packs.

//AC//
AHR43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:09 AM   #145
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Hey Ron had a good time at mikes yesterday plenty of Hp the motors ripped,nice to meet Steve m and David g.,was going to be happy with running 2nd to Dumas but that got ugly,thats racing thanks for the help talk to you later.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:36 PM   #146
Tech Adept

Default ahr43

you should have mags zapped every 3 weekends of use as for your other ques. could you send me themotor back so i can look at it due to jeremy is no longer affilated with lightspeed products.the black springs he put on there are heavy the silver build up is normal i have some other you can try but they are only one run brushes you will have to replace tm more often. and cut the com after 2 passes...if you could call me on mon we can talk..thank you Ron
Old 12-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #147
Tech Adept

Default steve eaves

sorry i couldnt make it sat. i had to watch my kid at the last min. on fri. iam planning to make it this week though.i spent all day fri. doing motors for tim and extras for other people..you coming next week...
Old 12-11-2006, 11:08 AM   #148
Tech Adept

bump
Old 12-11-2006, 05:00 PM   #149
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

You have a PM, and could you shed some light on what happend w/ Jeremy
convikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:19 PM   #150
Tech Adept

Default mikes

lightspeed drivers steve marker and david galdo fighting it out with rubber tires magic marker came out on top in the main with david dnf..stk class gary sheppard took first ,with dale cummings second,and yang come in third.toastie toft dnf...congrats to all the team guys good job good racing from every body else...