R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 09-14-2011, 12:46 AM   #196
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Man, I would really love to get one of these kits

I am an avid F201 fan and would love to get my hands on a MLP chassis and or FPM aluminum parts... I wish I found this car 6-7 years ago when it was in it's prime, and tons of parts available... And all those years I was racing a HPI Nitro RS4... what a waste!!!

Someone please sell me a MLP chassis.... WHAAAA~~~~~

hkbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:51 AM   #197
Tech Elite

If I had one I would send it to you. That was an amazing F1. It was so much better than a Tamiya F201 that they were not even the same car. I have two of them and one of them sitting in what would be called a place of honor. The other stays at a buds house just in case of tornado, flood, another obama, terrorist attack (which is the same thing). They are rare and I hope you find one. If you do you "WILL" take some laps with it then park it to have forever. For now you can still get a 3 racing chassis and bolt some plastic wings to the frame to have room to put the electrics on it. It's very good but not as good.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #198
Tech Apprentice

I do already have a 3 Racing chassis, but I liked the added space and wider chassis for the more realistic shape of the underside on the MLP chassis. I currently have a Traxxas Velineon VXL3s and 1/16 brushless motor in there so that the electronics (including Traxxas link receiver) fits nicely on the 3Racing chassis, and doesn't protrude out the side of the chassis. The 1/16th motor and power is perfect for my application with the F201 because I don't intend it to be a basher, it's really my running shelf-queen. I also sometimes use the 1/16th size NiMH battery to keep the chassis thin to accomodate the newer F104 bodies, but I haven't experimented with the body yet.

If I can't find one, I might just buy a sheet of carbon fiber and make it myself. My buddy is an engineer so maybe he can let me visit him and work in his machine shop...

I tell ya tho, some of those enthusiasts (like Marty) really had it going. I wish they'd bring back the F201 like they did the Avante, but with an alumninum bulkhead/gearbox instead like the TRF416's...
Old 09-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #199
Tech Elite

I think he already had some aluminum bulkheads before the health issue got worse. I have not spoken to him in quite a while which is bad on my part but things have changed a lot since then for me. He and I would have talk forever about designs and such and we were always laughing about one thing or another. He really was a genius of design and new inovations for F1. It's sad the health issue made him have to stop. I had one of the V103 F1's.. That was the most solid driving car I have ever put on a track.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:27 PM   #200
Tech Elite

I didn't actually buy MLP, and I don't mean to sound defensive; it's just that to me it sounded as though mxrich was blaming me for MLP/Enforcer RC not being in production. Quote: "The owner had very bad health problems and sent everything he had to enforcer rc who is not doing anything to build them."

I stand corrected from the info I was given. I am not blaming you or anyone else. If I had the funds I would give it to you to get the cars produced. Anyone that has ever seen or driven an MLP Knows what I am talking about. Since the first time I had one in my hands I knew they were the best cars on the market. I have seen none better after 40 years of rc racing. I wish you well.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:05 PM   #201
Tech Fanatic

Understood mxrich.

As an update; a week ago I tried to contact Marty via email with no reply so far. I had heard recently from one of his parts suppliers that he is not doing well at all, unfortunately. I will next try to contact him by phone.

It's not looking too good
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #202
Tech Elite

If you are able to contact him please let me know. I have not spoken to him in a long time because of local things going on these days. And all the gang here is thinking of him.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #203
Tech Apprentice

Default I got the MLP chassis!

I was able to track someone down on the forums who had it, and I purchased it from him. Needless to say, I don't have to do much, it is already loaded with all of the aftermarket parts. Now I have 3 F201's and will possibly sell one that I built brand new as a shelf queen. I love these cars, and I probably will venture into creating a custom chassis for the car, so I can make it 2-wheel drive and more realistic in the front end.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #204
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkbruin View Post
I was able to track someone down on the forums who had it, and I purchased it from him. Needless to say, I don't have to do much, it is already loaded with all of the aftermarket parts. Now I have 3 F201's and will possibly sell one that I built brand new as a shelf queen. I love these cars, and I probably will venture into creating a custom chassis for the car, so I can make it 2-wheel drive and more realistic in the front end.
Let me know how that turns out.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #205
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Lotus View Post
Understood mxrich.

As an update; a week ago I tried to contact Marty via email with no reply so far. I had heard recently from one of his parts suppliers that he is not doing well at all, unfortunately. I will next try to contact him by phone.

It's not looking too good
Were you able to contact him? Also, Did he mention anything about having an F1 wheel that would attach to one of the 1/10 pancar hubs? I remember him saying that the first one he made worked perfect. Since it was a Tamiya style wheel with 4 holes around it you could run both styles of wheel. That would stop a lot of whining in the pits.