R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-12-2007, 10:44 PM   #181
Tech Adept

some people get off on destroying other peoples lifes for some reason.....perhaps it gives them a sence of acomplishment...sad really
T.KENDALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:06 PM   #182
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

And here I thought we were all here to help each other out. Kinda like we live our lives.
Marty Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:14 AM   #183
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've had classes on human nature and trust me, you will never understand them. Some think you owe them something. Others think thiers is the #1 priority and even more just don't take the time to understand what's going on outside of their little world. You have the right attitude for this so just shrug it off and keep going. There will be others always. I've joked about opening a hobby shop and calling it "Would you like some cheeze with that whine hobbies!" Anytime you deal with John Q public you have to put up with the 20% that need their mother to tell them how to get through life right! Even after they move out of the house at 35.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:05 AM   #184
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Peterson
They don't Know me but they will see me that is one thing I will set out to do for sure! Me And My Cars! and I will bring drivers in here to race at there tracks!
We look forward to seeing your TC in action at any of the local tracks.
Nexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:00 PM   #185
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mxrich, Are you sure they have moved out of Momma's house yet?
alphacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:57 PM   #186
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

where can i order mlp stuff from ? i dont see any where on the web page
zinger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:55 PM   #187
Tech Rookie

Greetings fellow rc . Does anyone who has an mlp motorsport tune roller who knows how to install the novak brushless system(#3004) because Im having a problem with the motor screw not screwing into the motor after I inserted the screw through the motor mount. If anybody knows, then I would appreciated alot if they can help me solve this prolem. Sure need help on this one. Thanks
codyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:22 PM   #188
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

ALMS - GT - & Vintage Racing series cars (all with full shock front suspension and Tri-pod rear shocks) .. marty is this a 235mm pan car? when will they be ready? is it basically john's design? thanks...

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #189
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

What ever happened with these things? I'd like to pick a chassis like this up for my F201....
Old 07-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #190
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikcaffine View Post
What ever happened with these things? I'd like to pick a chassis like this up for my F201....
Good luck finding one. I think one went to louisiana, two went to N.carolina and two went to me. Snoop has one of them now. If we don't get rained out you can see mine but I have taken the front drive out to run it as a 2wd but have not had time to get it ready.
The owner had very bad health problems and sent everything he had to enforcer rc who is not doing anything to build them.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:49 PM   #191
Tech Adept

mxrich, I am Enforcer RC; and I don't know where you think you got your info from, but Marty did NOT send me everything he had! Also, there is more to the situation than you think. We have had issues with the company that would produce the carbon fiber parts, etc., for the cars; we have no one to write the directions for the kits; and most of all, we don't have the needed money at this time. Basically the infrastructure needed to do all this is not there!

My personal opinion is that we should not offer car kits at this time, but rather follow the lead of companies like Exotek and offer custom chassis for various cars, particularly F1. Then maybe we could raise the needed money through those sales.

It is not as easy as you might think to get this business up and running. So please, the next time you offer to comment on MLP/Enforcer RC, please check your facts first. Thank you
Enforcerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:14 PM   #192
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcerman View Post
mxrich, I am Enforcer RC; and I don't know where you think you got your info from, but Marty did NOT send me everything he had! Also, there is more to the situation than you think. We have had issues with the company that would produce the carbon fiber parts, etc., for the cars; we have no one to write the directions for the kits; and most of all, we don't have the needed money at this time. Basically the infrastructure needed to do all this is not there!

My personal opinion is that we should not offer car kits at this time, but rather follow the lead of companies like Exotek and offer custom chassis for various cars, particularly F1. Then maybe we could raise the needed money through those sales.

It is not as easy as you might think to get this business up and running. So please, the next time you offer to comment on MLP/Enforcer RC, please check your facts first. Thank you
I thought you bought MLP too. I guess there is a lot about that transaction that we don't understand , but You seem defensive for such a simple statement. No one would imagine it being easy to build production rc cars. I don't see any shame in not being in production. Regarding the possibility of only producing performance chassis and parts , I had thought that Marty should have done that for the same reason. It would offer a quality product and build revenue.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #193
Tech Fanatic

I didn't actually buy MLP, and I don't mean to sound defensive; it's just that to me it sounded as though mxrich was blaming me for MLP/Enforcer RC not being in production. Quote: "The owner had very bad health problems and sent everything he had to enforcer rc who is not doing anything to build them."

Some things are beyond my control.

I hope in the future to go the route you suggested of offering performance parts and chassis. Eventually that may lead to an actual production car if all goes well.

Sorry for any confusion caused by my posting under Team Lotus; I am also Enforcerman

Last edited by Team Lotus; 08-02-2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: wrong user name
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #194
Tech Champion

I wish you the best of luck with the project. Even the mighty Josh Cyrul is not making full kits . And that's after designing the photon.

I keep thinking about all of the effort Marty put into F1 cars. All of that happened when F1 was down in interest and attendance. Looking back that combined with his health just seemed like crappy luck. His Tamiya class F1 car ( The one Chad drove at Primetime) is as good as anything I have seen before or since. I could move ten kits myself if I had them.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #195
Tech Fanatic

Thank you; if I am able to at some point works things out and resume production of performance chassis and parts I will post on rctech.net

I have a couple of sources that I plan on looking into. The other issue that I didn't mention previously is that I have a regular full time job that takes up much of my time, and much of the rest is taken up by family; so unfortunately that doesn't leave me a lot of time to work on Enforcer RC.

Between Marty and myself we have some fantastic designs, particularly for F1 cars, that I would someday like to see built.
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote