R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-04-2008, 09:37 PM   #736
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Team Kwik Send a message via MSN to Team Kwik

Hi Guys,

Things have really been busy around here the past few months. I just had a few updates for everyone.

First, while a little delayed we would like to welcome Jarrod Langlois to our racing team. We are extremely happy to have a chance to work with him and we think he will be right at home with us. Welcome aboard sir =)

Second, and in response to an amazing number of e-mails we will be expecting our first shipment of Ener-G cells shortly. We expect to debut this fantastic new product at this year's Snowbird Nationals and will have a very large team there putting these cells through the paces. I will post an exact arrival date when it's available.

Last but not least I would like to wish team drivers Jarrod Langlois and Stephen Sobottka the best of luck this weekend at the Novak race. Both Jarrod and Stephen are running well so far in qualifying and adjusting to brushless well. Good luck guys, have a good time =)

Nick
Old 01-04-2008, 09:43 PM   #737

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Thanks, I will try and bring home a W!
Old 01-05-2008, 05:41 PM   #738
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kwik View Post
Hi Guys,

Things have really been busy around here the past few months. I just had a few updates for everyone.

First, while a little delayed we would like to welcome Jarrod Langlois to our racing team. We are extremely happy to have a chance to work with him and we think he will be right at home with us. Welcome aboard sir =)

Second, and in response to an amazing number of e-mails we will be expecting our first shipment of Ener-G cells shortly. We expect to debut this fantastic new product at this year's Snowbird Nationals and will have a very large team there putting these cells through the paces. I will post an exact arrival date when it's available.

Last but not least I would like to wish team drivers Jarrod Langlois and Stephen Sobottka the best of luck this weekend at the Novak race. Both Jarrod and Stephen are running well so far in qualifying and adjusting to brushless well. Good luck guys, have a good time =)

Nick

Looking like 2008 going to be a great year for Kwik
Old 01-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #739
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

kenny dont forget to put the bear in his cage and drag him down this weekend and bring some money beersa friday night and saturday night for sure
Old 01-12-2008, 05:15 AM   #740
Tech Master

Good luck to Steve Boice and Mark Strasnick at the jam this weekend. Things came up and I'm stuck home.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:32 PM   #741
Company Representative

Hi Guys,

Just about to head off for the Birds, a friendly reminder that while I am away our store will remain open and orders will ship as normal!

We should have our Ener-g cells online some time tonight!

While away I will do my best to drop in with updates on the team =)

Nick
Old 02-03-2008, 08:30 PM   #742
Company Representative

Just getting back from the Birds now and all I can say is wow, what an amazing week of racing. Hats off to Mike Boylan and his entire crew, things ran very well and the competition was top notch!

Congratulations to Jeff Brown on his TQ and 3rd place finish in 12th scale stock, had things gone down differently in the main Jeff surely would have been on top. Excellent work this week Jeff.

Dave Bowser and Dave Duncan were tearing up the rubber classes all week with Bowser planted in the stock main and Duncan mixing things up in the outlaw class. Great work guys, I can't wait for the next one.

Mark Strasnick continued the streak of mains he started in Vegas by putting it in there among a very deep stock touring field. Mark's game is moving up to a whole new level and I can't wait to get out there with him again soon. Congratulations Mark, I know this one meant a lot to you.

Steve Boice and Jarrod Langlois had the pace coming into rounds 3 and 4 but just couldn't get the runs they needed for the top 10. Both these guys worked extremely hard and never let up. I have no doubt they will be back in there before you know it. Thank you both for all your help this week.

I would like to congratulate and thank Justin Belfiore for taking the TQ and 2nd place finish in the 4 Cell 27t Oval class. Justin gave me the opportunity to work with him on his motor this week even though I admitted being very green to building oval horsepower. Justin managed to TQ by nearly a full second and finished just behind the second place qualifier by only .47 seconds. I wish I could have been there to catch the main event! Thank you again Justin for giving me the chance to do what I could, we all know that motor needed some big cells to pull it around sir. Great week.

Last but not least, Kenny Lambert. Sir, you really stepped it up at the Birds and were without a doubt the right hand I needed to keep up with the team. I think everyone there can agree that we would have had a horrible time getting it all done without you there. Thank you again for everything Kenny.

All in all a great week!

Nick
Old 02-04-2008, 04:21 PM   #743
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

What a weekend. Just want to say congrats to Jeff for the TQ. You were fast all weekend and deserved the win.

Nick, thanks for all the hard work this weekend. We had rip for every race and the green cells were awesome. For the nats, I am laying down the gauntlet for the HHR challenge. No more mall security excuses....

Stras, you looked great all weekend. Wished you had better luck in the show.

And Kenny, what else can I say but thanks. I appreciate all your help this weekend, and you're the reason I kept my sanity.

Hyperform racing--In memory of Lino
Bigdaddyswank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #744
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddyswank View Post
What a weekend. Just want to say congrats to Jeff for the TQ. You were fast all weekend and deserved the win.

Nick, thanks for all the hard work this weekend. We had rip for every race and the green cells were awesome. For the nats, I am laying down the gauntlet for the HHR challenge. No more mall security excuses....

Stras, you looked great all weekend. Wished you had better luck in the show.

And Kenny, what else can I say but thanks. I appreciate all your help this weekend, and you're the reason I kept my sanity.
So you maintain you kept your sanity?

=)
Old 02-05-2008, 04:55 PM   #745
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Stay tuned for Steve's new book: "The Secret to Parenting in the 21st Century and Keeping Sane"....

Chapter 2 explains how to work hobbies around sleep schedules.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:55 PM   #746
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I maintain that I wasn't awake enough to continue with the planned HHR rally, however, sanity is debatable, as I contimplated a move to Full Throttle for the big bucks.

Hyperform racing--In memory of Lino
Bigdaddyswank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:45 PM   #747
Tech Master

Thank you all for the kind words. I really hope that I can help out as much at Nationals.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:27 AM   #748
Tech Adept

Nick-

On behalf of Jeff and myself, thanks for the POWER and all your hard work to keep Jeff at the top. Jeff only bought one stock motor and you made it fly. He used the same pack of Kwik Ener-G cells twice in practice, EVERY qualifier, and in the main. As Tony C would say, WOOOOW.
Larry Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:56 PM   #749
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Awesome job to Nick, Larry and Jeff Brown on their dominating performance in 12th stock at the birds. Had it not been for a little bad luck in the main Jeff would have check out on the rest of us!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:33 PM   #750
Tech Master

Big thanks Nick for sponsoring our race today you really made it happen