R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 04-30-2006, 04:54 PM   #106
Tech Master

Curtis- Awesome job on the points series win. Way to keep slobbatech in check.

Update: Babcock Offroad series round #2.

At the end of qualifying Ryan James is TQ of 19t truck and 2nd in both the 19t and stock buggy classes. Fellow Banzai driver Casper in qualified right behind him in 19t truck. Man, its gotta be the motor.

I'm sure we'll have the final results up in a few hours. Ryan said that mains should be up in about a half hour.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:53 PM   #107
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Judi..
Ran the motors today,all i can say WOW!!!!.Motors are so awesome....Ran one motor all day,about 16 runs on it and it didn't even look like it had been run....
Thanks Curtis May
Old 04-30-2006, 07:56 PM   #108
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Talking New tracks

Hey oval is ready for friday in Burlington,Washington.
Offroad should be ready in a week or two.
Come check us out.
The newspaper came and did a feature article on our club and indeed up putting me and my car on the front page of the living section and at the top of the front page headlines.
Pretty cool.
Thanks for all the support and check out our web page.

www.norarcoval.com
TEAM VENOM. Batteries that Last.
Team FAT and the Furious and Turners the Furious. Right Adam?
pumbaapig5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:05 PM   #109
Tech Elite

We are so pleased to announce that we are expanding our product lines.

The CheckPoint Based Modified motors are on the web-site.

These are NOT re-labeled motors, these are our own hand-wound motors.

We have limited winds currently available, which we will be adding to continuously. If you have something you need now, give us a call!

Thanks to Team CheckPoint for choosing us to become an OEM company!

Judi, Scott and Jason

Checkpoint is a registered trademark, used with permission.
BanzaiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:51 PM   #110
Tech Master

JBRL-

Congratulations go out to Banzai driver Ryan James whom won both the 19t truck and stock buggy classes at the Jimmy Babock series race yesterday. He was fully strapped with a blue can stocker in his buggy and a komodo style 19t in his truck. I called him after the race and he said his stuff was way fast...I'm convinced. Good job Ryan!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 05:24 PM   #111
Tech Elite

I don't have all the results yet, still working on it! So, if I missed you, please post!! I know for sure I'm missing Vanair, and Bob James.

The JBRL had 24 heats and 190 entries!! That's for a 1 day race on a Sunday!

Yes, Ryan James was on fire!! As Jeremy said, he took 2 first place wins! He also came in 2nd in 19t buggy. His proud dad, Bob James was 9th in the sportsman stock buggy! Way to go guys!!

Casper finished 2nd in 19t Truck and 3rd in Expert Stock Buggy. After 2 JBRL races, Casper is in first in both divisions on points.

Jeremy Hase finished 6th in Expert Stock Buggy. Great showing!

Brian Sullivan was 7th in the hard-fought 4wd. class that usually is loaded with factory drivers. Proud of you Brian!! He was running our all new CP 10x2. Vanair also put it in the show in 4wd, congrats!!

Chuck Fowler finished 5th in Stock Truck. Good run Chuck!!

Thanks to all the Banzai drivers, you put on a show in Bakersfield!!

Judi

Last edited by BanzaiMom; 05-02-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:44 PM   #112
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Racing was good this weekend. Missed seeing you and Scott and we just happend to race on the first hot day of the year but the racing was fun the track held up and we are onto the next round!

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:43 AM   #113
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Any of u peeps going to RCX??? Ill probably go on Saturday.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
TEAM ASSOCIATED|REEDY|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA| RPM|AMAIN|CREATEX/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|CFX|CAL RACEWAY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:45 AM   #114
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Eddie Garrison

I wish I could make RCX. Just a long road trip from Florida for that. Maybe next year.

-EG
Old 05-02-2006, 02:51 PM   #115
Tech Master

I'll probably be out there on Saturday...if I can stand the sight of an r/c car for an extra day.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:24 PM   #116
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I hope to be there Sat or sunday. Have not missed a RCX yet and do not plan on starting. There are a lot of new toys coming out I hope to take a good look at. New integy chargers and 2 new losi vehicles.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:21 PM   #117
Tech Elite

I updated the JBRL results in my post above. WOW! So proud of all you guys and thank you for putting up with the long drive, hot weather, and gas prices!!

All sorts of things are in stock on the web-site: KD19's, C2's, Monsters, P2k2's, CO27's, and the all new CP mods.

What are the next big races coming up around the country?? In on-road and off-road???? Trying to get my calendar marked!! Also, point series races around the country.

Judi
Old 05-02-2006, 08:24 PM   #118
Tech Elite

Hey Curtis, see you in here!! What's going on???

AH!! Harjo, you too!!!

Judi
Old 05-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #119
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

HEY JUDI, WASSUP!!!!
well, if the bruce's ever let me know about the us central points series schedule i'll post it up here and on the website but i still haven't heard anything. i'll be giving you a call soon about the cp motors. gotta persuade the little woman to let me get 'em. she's mad at me right now, hehe. talk to u soon.
harjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:50 PM   #120
Tech Master

Default Judi

Upcoming races-

The Jimmy Babcock series will be running in both on/off road throughout the summer and dates can be found at jimmybabcock.com.

The Reedy Touring Car race of champions will be at the Tamiya test facility in May. I'll be working the Losi booth there so if you guys come out please drop by and keep me company for a few minutes. Its a dialed race too.

Just a month after the Reedy will be the Roar asphalt nationals at speedworld raceway in Stockton. That should be an awesome event with the fastest sedans you'll find anywhere. (go losi)

The Hot Rod Hobbies offroad shootout will be july 14th-16th and Banzai always has solid representation at the race. I'm sure we'll all have some time to hang out that weekend.

Two weeks after the shootout is the Roar Stock offroad nationals in Oregon. This is the first year they are running 19t...and thats enough about that.

Two weeks after the stock nats are the Roar Mod Nats at planet R/C in Indianapolis IN and the track is super high bite with slicks. I'm pretty psyched because I'll finally be able to use all of the massive banzai horsepower strapped into the buggy.

The Second annual IIC carpet race in vegas is somewhere around summer as well but I can't for the life of me remember when it is.

There are also a plethora of R/C pro series races in both electric and gas throught the nation all summer long that are sure to provide us racers with plenty of excitement.

Those are all of the upcoming races that spring to mind. Hopefully Banzai will come home with some hardware at more than a few of them.

"Why do I like electric.....two words....gas prices"