R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-21-2009, 02:12 PM   #10186
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade329 View Post
That "guy" was my brother. There are two sides to every story. The reason he was going nuts is because "Brian" used racial slurs on him and threatened to beat him up after the race. He referred to my brother as a f***ing Mexican, etc. My brother called him on it and went too far in the process.
Blade, I don't really know what happened on the driver's stand, but I did see you brother yell everything in the book at Brian and he calmly walked away, which was a good thing for all. I too am a hispanic and I have know Brian for years and he is one of the best guys around. I am sorry your brother had some issues and maybe it was just a misunderstanding. I hope your next time out things go better. Peace.
Pit_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:28 PM   #10187
Tech Adept

Hi all,

Currently at the track for day 2 of practice for the Australian National Titles. Live video for the event is available at: http://www.epnationals.com/?page_id=93
Old 01-21-2009, 03:34 PM   #10188
Tech Elite

Thank you for posting the link, Shane!

Just had a look, and the feed is great!!!

Good luck to all of Team Banzai Australia, we'll be cheering

hard for all of you! Also hoping the rain stays away the

rest of the week-end for you, I know how hard everyone has

worked to get the track in shape!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
BanzaiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #10189
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default Its cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit_dad View Post
Blade, I don't really know what happened on the driver's stand, but I did see you brother yell everything in the book at Brian and he calmly walked away, which was a good thing for all. I too am a hispanic and I have know Brian for years and he is one of the best guys around. I am sorry your brother had some issues and maybe it was just a misunderstanding. I hope your next time out things go better. Peace.
It's cool. I'm not looking to stir up trouble or anything. I just wanted to set the record straight with people and let them know the other side. My brother just doesn't fly off the handle like that. One of our turn marshals near them heard what Brian was saying and corroborated it. In any event, it is done and I want to move on from this and get back to racing. I'll only comment on it again if someone challenges me on it. Peace, right back at ya.
Associated FT T4.2
blade329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:47 PM   #10190
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
That "guy" was my brother. There are two sides to every story. The reason he was going nuts is because "Brian" used racial slurs on him and threatened to beat him up after the race. He referred to my brother as a f***ing Mexican, etc. My brother called him on it and went too far in the process. My brother is normally a subdued guy, but he's not going to put up with that kind of talk. Our team was made up of rookies, guys. There was nothing in the rules that said "pro drivers" or "experienced only". My brother is the greenest of us all. The lack of sportsmanship directed toward our team was very disappointing. If we had know the competition was mainly "pro drivers" we would never have entered.

ProLine : LRH Hobbies
Halve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:02 AM   #10191
Tech Elite

I have been hit with the flu bug again!!

Or, maybe it's a cold, whatever, I'm working at a

snails pace! So if I'm slow answering your

emails, be patient, I'll get to it.

Casper, we don't have a Slash, maybe you could give

Drew a few pointers?? Or is it basically just out of the box

and run it??
BanzaiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #10192
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I don't have one either. I was driving Hodapp's. There is not a lot you can do to them. I know shock oil was changed an we added some weight to the back end.

Just drive it. They are easy to drive and have some fun. That is what the class is all about.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:25 PM   #10193
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default Setup question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I don't have one either. I was driving Hodapp's. There is not a lot you can do to them. I know shock oil was changed an we added some weight to the back end.

Just drive it. They are easy to drive and have some fun. That is what the class is all about.
Hi Casper. I was really impressed with the way your Slash handled. It was the Blue one with the Kyosho sickers, right? What wt. shock oil did you guys use for front and back. Was it 50 wt./40 wt.?
Associated FT T4.2
blade329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #10194
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey wassup you guys?

RacersHaven has been working on putting the oval back around the off road so I made a pretty sweet layout and its being used, it should be fun!!! They are working on getting the asphalt track coved up and putting the oval track over there and having the off road ONLY off road again so it shall be a sweet JBRL race here in Bakersfield for the few of you guys that wanna come attend
Old 01-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #10195
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Oh come on now Zack. Haven usually has a 'decent' track to offer.
Theslowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:57 PM   #10196
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Hi Casper. I was really impressed with the way your Slash handled. It was the Blue one with the Kyosho sickers, right? What wt. shock oil did you guys use for front and back. Was it 50 wt./40 wt.?
Yeah that was the truck. I would love to help you but honestly that was the first time I drove a slash (ok I had 5 laps the weekend before on someone elses) but I never even touched the car other then changing a battery in pracitce. I have no idea what the setup was! I think there was 50 in the front as they were talking about going up to 60 but that is about all I know. Sorry I can't be of more help! I am not a slash guy but that race sure was fun!

Old 01-22-2009, 08:58 PM   #10197
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Is that Skyler???
Old 01-22-2009, 09:42 PM   #10198
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AE 14year-old View Post
Is that Skyler???
Theslowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:55 AM   #10199
Tech Adept

Hey guys,

We just finished 4wd day of the Australian National Titles. Team Banzai was well represented, Puddle finished 8th in Stock and Rick Austin finished 2nd in Super Stock(19t). I took out all 4 rounds of qualifying and the first two A-finals in Super Stock. Id like to thank all of Banzai again for all the support they've shown me over the past year, and hopefully tommorow will be another great day.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:59 AM   #10200
Tech Prophet

Awesome work guys! Way to represent!