R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 09-01-2008, 09:11 AM   #9571
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Great showing at the surf city guys! Way to get some wins! Wish I could have made it out there. Been playing in the dirt all weekend though. Just not nearly as fun as with my R/C cars though!

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:47 PM   #9572
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

good job zack and banzai nation. we took a newbie to a charity race here . mostly nitro and tough track for electric but still had good time. just seven electric showed to support this charity race.
kstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:17 AM   #9573
Tech Regular

Scott and Mom, just wanted to post a big "Thank You" for all the support you provided over the weekend. It was a long day (5:15 am until 11:00pm), but it was indoors and it was fun. Alex is back in school today, so now he has something other than R/C racing to think about. See you at Hemet ? We will be there as we wind down the JBRL. Casper, you were missed, hope the backyard is coming around.
Pit_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #9574
Company Representative

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit_dad View Post
Scott and Mom, just wanted to post a big "Thank You" for all the support you provided over the weekend. It was a long day (5:15 am until 11:00pm), but it was indoors and it was fun. Alex is back in school today, so now he has something other than R/C racing to think about. See you at Hemet ? We will be there as we wind down the JBRL. Casper, you were missed, hope the backyard is coming around.
Ya, we'll be there Got a room at the Super 8 Motel - Hemet. Ph# 951-658-2281. The girl there was cool and gave me a AAA discount, plus a special disount for coming in for the R/C race. So if you call there, make sure you tell here you're coming in for the race

BanzaiScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:19 PM   #9575
Tech Prophet

Backyard looks great. Ryan and I are both dog tired though!

Need to check the grade still but the dirt has been tilled and leveled and the sprinklers are all in. Ryan really wanted to fire up the old 8th scale and tear up the yard a little but resisted!

We will see you all this weekend. I know Ryan is trying to get to OCRC tomorrow to get some track time in. I will see if this weekends back breaking work built up enough browny points to allow me to get to the track as well!

Old 09-02-2008, 10:25 PM   #9576
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys, havent posted for a while. Hope everyone is doing well. Im putting my Banzai BL system in my XXXT-Cr and had a few questions for those of you (if any) that have it in your Losi.

1st- Any starting gearing for a 10.5

2nd- I cant seem to make my sensor wire reach, is there a longer one. I don't have the tiny one that comes with the kit, i have one step from that. Is there a longer one.

Thanks in advanced and good luck to everyone at Hemet this weekend.
Daniel Sarfati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:43 AM   #9577
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Sarfati View Post
Hey guys, havent posted for a while. Hope everyone is doing well. Im putting my Banzai BL system in my XXXT-Cr and had a few questions for those of you (if any) that have it in your Losi.

1st- Any starting gearing for a 10.5

2nd- I cant seem to make my sensor wire reach, is there a longer one. I don't have the tiny one that comes with the kit, i have one step from that. Is there a longer one.

Thanks in advanced and good luck to everyone at Hemet this weekend.
Hey, what's up. I have one in my T4, which has a diff of 2:60, geared at 25/81. Which ends up to be 8.42:1. I think your Losi is 2:43 , so you'll have to look for a smaller/buggy spur gear and do the math. Watch the temp too.

Take the # of teeth on you pinion gear and divide that # into the # of teeth of you spur gear. Then multiply that by your internal gear ratio of your transmission. That will give you your final drive.

Are you going to Hemet

Old 09-03-2008, 09:46 AM   #9578
Tech Prophet

Daniel-- The long SP one should have been long enough but if you put the speedo too far forward on the chassis it might not reach. All the sensor wires are standard. I know Orion makes one that is longer. I think Losi has a longer one as well. Check out your LHS and see what they have in stock. If not you may need to remount your speedo a little further back in the car.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:53 AM   #9579
Tech Apprentice

Unfortunately i cant go to this weekend's JBRL. My parents are moving to Huntington Beach. The advantage is now i have a place to stay when i race at OCRC, they are less than 15 min away.
Daniel Sarfati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #9580
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Sarfati View Post
The advantage is now i have a place to stay when i race at OCRC, they are less than 15 min away.
Great

For those of you that are going, it looks like the track will not open untill 5 PM

Old 09-05-2008, 09:23 PM   #9581
Tech Master

Sorry mom me an ryan wont be there daughter coming in town saturdaynight for one day leaving sunday night
Old 09-08-2008, 01:06 PM   #9582
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

Dave and I went on a rc tour of west and central Arkansas this weekend. We ran in Ft Smith Saturday night. I won a mixed class of 4wd and truck, and Dave finished second. We got done at midnight and back to our room at 1 am, We then headed out at 8am another 2.5 hours to Little Rock for the 5th round of the ARCORR Electric Series. I ran expert 2wd and expert 4wd, and dave expert 4wd. I qualified 5th in 2wd and finish 3rd. I was high as second but had to do a little witch craft on my 2wd for the main and didnt want to risk not finishing. 4wd I was on tq pace on round and stuffed a pipe 2 ft from the line. I ended up 4th. We ran an 11 car main and I got stuck at the back in a big cluster. Once I got free I caught up to 4th but ran out of time and missed running a 14 lap run like the top 4. Dave was battling top 3 and faded a bit at the very end for 4th. He hit his stride this weekend with his D4, it was his 3rd weekend on the car, and was wheelin it. It was a very fun weekend with some close racing. I ran my 10.5 in 2wd while alot were running 13.5 due to the slick track. I ran the 6.5 in wheeler and was pulling 5.5's on the straight. Motor was never an issue. We didnt take any pics unforunately. We rolled out at 730 last night and got home at 230 this morning. The track was fun in little rock but challenging. We have not ran out door loamy in years. There were many trees and as the sun moved we have shaded moist spots on the track, loose dry spots and some places were hard packed and taking rubber. Then in the main the whole track was shaded. I am sorry if any of this is not very coherent, my head is still a bit foggy, and I need about 5 hours more sleep.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:41 PM   #9583
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Billy drove like a champ this weekend. He really shines on outdoor fluffy stuff. And did a great job of keeping up with track changes.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:18 PM   #9584
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Billy and David, where do you guys live in Oklahoma???

my grandma lives there and sometimes I go visit her maybe next time I go I can meet up with you guys and do some racing ya know??

she lives in a little town called rush springs...it close by to Chickasha??? or something like oh and also close to a town called Duncan.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:09 PM   #9585
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

Daves lives in Lawton which is about 40 minutes west of Rush Springs. I am from Lawton but have lived in OKC for about 2 years now. I am about an hour from Rush Springs. Rush Springs is right off HWY 81. If you go north about 2.5 hours you will be in Enid, that is the closest place to race.