R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 09-03-2007, 01:10 PM   #6106
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Etter View Post
Scott/Judi

I love going to Nascar races but yesterday may have been one of the longest day's of my life. I heard anywhere from 106-109. Scott were you there on Saturday? Gotta love that $4.00 water x about 10.
I was there Sat and it was frickin' hot I took in a small cooler with water and Gatorade. It was a long day brother.

BanzaiScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:28 PM   #6107
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ya i got invited to go but i was thinking it was going to be hot and plus i had stuff going on...but how was it for the most part?
Old 09-03-2007, 03:08 PM   #6108
Company Representative

It was fun and the racing was good, but I was junk when I got home.

Old 09-03-2007, 05:49 PM   #6109
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to puddle

Step right up, Step right up... Hot Motors here! We have CO's, Monsters and KD 19ts.... lets not forget the brushes... there are so many sets I am almost swimming in them!!!! all at craaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy prices!!! PM for some Banzai Power!

Thanks for the latest care package Scott/Judi...
Old 09-03-2007, 07:08 PM   #6110
Tech Elite

Email sent Puddle!!

It seems so funny that you got mail today, it's our

holiday here! Back to work tomorrow!

All you Aussies, visit Puddle for some great motors!

And brushes, he now has CheckPoint Infinity brushes,

they fit the CP based mods and CP $$$$ 19 Turns.

Judi
BanzaiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:17 PM   #6111
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to puddle

No Email here yet.. but thats cool..

All you .au guys... I have plenty of the following...

CO 27 stocks
Monster stocks
KD 19turns (Hemi wind)
Brushes : 766, 4499, CP Infinity Brushes

Keep in mind I can always get mod motors.. just get in contact with me and anything is possible.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:09 AM   #6112
Ebi
Tech Adept

Hello Mom,

back from the 2 wd Nat's i can tell you, it was a great event!
The track was very technical with a lot of 180 turns. It has about 2 feet wide driveline with good traction, outside it was very slippery. It was one of these tracks where you have to drive much smoother and slower than you want to get fast laptimes.
After the qualifiing i was 2nd with a 1-2-2 to count, the TQ had a 1-1-2.
As you know we race for 7 min.
I won the first a-main with 0.4 sec in front, the second a-main i finished 2nd.
In the third i was fighting for the lead for more than 4 min, then the leader made a small mistake at a double and i could overtake him. For the next 2 min he stuck into my gearbox until i came, maybe 3 inch, off the line and my car swings the rear a little bit so he could pass me again.

This is now the second time in a row when i get 2nd in 2 wd stock Nat's. I'm not disappointed because it was a great battle and a very fair race.

In 2 weeks the outdoor season in our region ends with 2 races at 2 tracks at one weekend. One is saturday, one sunday with points combined for the results.

Then the Indoor season starts ( you know - offroad on carpet - ) with a big race in november in Germany and the highlight in december in Paris. http://race.petitrc.com/

Best regards to the BANZAI family

Ebi

TEAM DURANGO - BANZAI Motors - SLINGSHOT batteries
Ebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:59 AM   #6113
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I want to get some 19 turn motors through puddle and have chatted about this but would also like some thoughts from everyone in relation to what is best.

I will be running 1/10 touring Nationals on a reasonably large track as per the link below, I want to know what the best 19 turn motor would be as you hear so many different opinions.

http://www.rrcsa.org.au

The motors I was looking at were the Checkpoint money 19t, Trinity Komodo, Dynasty 07 and C2.

Interested to get your thoughts,
B4james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:44 AM   #6114
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4james View Post
I want to get some 19 turn motors through puddle and have chatted about this but would also like some thoughts from everyone in relation to what is best.

I will be running 1/10 touring Nationals on a reasonably large track as per the link below, I want to know what the best 19 turn motor would be as you hear so many different opinions.

http://www.rrcsa.org.au

The motors I was looking at were the Checkpoint money 19t, Trinity Komodo, Dynasty 07 and C2.

Interested to get your thoughts,
checkpoint money motor is good for TC I hear

Mitch
Mitch P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:20 AM   #6115
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

For a larger track the KD will be the way to go. Insane top end and good mid range. The money motors are good but the KD have more top in my experience.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:48 AM   #6116
Tech Elite

B4james, Casper is right. You will want to go

with the KD19. Everyone has their "favorites", but

the K19 has a winning record!

Judi
BanzaiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:34 AM   #6117
Company Representative

Breaking News

Mears to the #5 in 2008; DaleJr to #25 team [new number]: Casey Mears will drive the #5 Kellogg's/CARQUEST Chevy for Hendrick Motorsports in the 2008 Sprint Cup Series, joining a team that secured its second consecutive Chase for the Championship berth Sunday at California Speedway. In his first season with Hendrick Motorsports, Mears has notched one victory, a pole position, four top-five finishes and six top-10s through 25 races. The Bakersfield, Calif., native will complete the current schedule in the organization's #25 Chevys before transitioning to the Kellogg's/CARQUEST team. The effort will be led by Alan Gustafson, 32, who has earned four wins, two poles, 25 top-five finishes and 45 top-10s since his first season as crew chief of the #5 Chevy in 2005. "My goal is to meet the high standard the drivers before me helped established with the #5 Chevrolet, both on and off the track," said the 29-year-old Mears. "I'm looking forward to working with Alan and the team to continue the winning tradition for Kellogg's, CARQUEST and Hendrick Motorsports." Since its inception in 1984, the #5 Hendrick Motorsports team has posted 27 victories and 35 pole positions with just four different drivers -- Geoff Bodine, Ricky Rudd, Terry Labonte and Kyle Busch. It has finished among the top 12 in Cup points in 17 of the past 23 seasons (1984-2006), including a championship in 1996. "The #5 was our first car (at Hendrick Motorsports), so, for me, there's a lot of personal history in that team," said Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports. "Casey has proven capable of winning and running up front, which is what the #5 has always been about. The goal is more victory lanes and championships for the team, and for Kellogg's and CARQUEST." The relationship between Kellogg Co. and the #5 Hendrick Motorsports team is one of the most enduring in NASCAR. Kellogg's debuted as primary sponsor of the #5 Chevys in 1994 and has since earned a Cup Series title, 16 race wins, 89 top-five finishes and 170 top-10s.(Hendrick Motorsports PR)(9-4-2007)

Eury Jr. to Hendrick Motorsports in 2008: When driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. joins Hendrick Motorsports for the 2008 Sprint Cup Series season, Tony Eury Jr. will be his crew chief. Eury, who has been Earnhardt's crew chief for the past two seasons, signed a multi-year agreement with the organization this week. "Tony Jr. and Dale have a successful history working together," Hendrick said. "They have trust in each other, which is the biggest part of the relationship between driver and crew chief. We have the utmost confidence in their ability to win races and compete for titles at Hendrick Motorsports." A Kannapolis, N.C., native, Eury will move to Hendrick Motorsports immediately following the current NASCAR season. He will continue the work of Darian Grubb, who will finish the 2007 schedule as crew chief of the #25 Chevrolets before moving into a senior competition role with Hendrick Motorsports. "Dale Jr. and I are both excited to continue working together," said Eury, 34, who has been Earnhardt's crew chief or car chief for the majority of the driver's NASCAR career. "With the resources we'll have at Hendrick Motorsports, it's an opportunity to consistently run up front and be in title contention every year. The goals are winning races and winning championships." Grubb, 31, who hails from Floyd, Va., will coordinate the at-track engineering efforts of the Earnhardt and Mears teams with emphasis on supporting Eury's transition to Hendrick Motorsports and Mears' switch to the #5 Cup Series program. The personnel moves will give Hendrick Motorsports additional depth with the Earnhardt and Mears teams. Grubb, who earned a championship as an engineer with the #48 Chevrolets and has won three times in 29 races as a crew chief, will work hand-in-hand with veteran team manager Brian Whitesell. Hendrick Motorsports is evaluating alternative numbers for the Earnhardt team, which currently uses the #25 on its Chevy race cars. A timetable for that announcement has not been set.(Hendrick Motorsports PR)(9-4-2007)

Old 09-04-2007, 11:39 AM   #6118
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Another one to the dark side. Congrats to JJ. Win number 5.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:06 PM   #6119
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

I see somebody else checks jayski every day just like me
Old 09-04-2007, 02:12 PM   #6120
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAlford View Post
I see somebody else checks jayski every day just like me
Yep.