R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2007, 09:08 PM   #5746
Tech Elite
 
K_King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,196
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King
Default

They bought me a white one, and my brother the black one. I t was for X-mas one year, I believe as a package deal from QVC........

I still remember the charger too LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL It was like a 15 or 30 minute little dial twisting one. I hated that thing.
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Pro-Line - Team Orion - Stickit1 - Schelle
K_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:31 PM   #5747
Tech Master
 
AE 14year-old's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,341
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

haha umm well I raced Go Karts before rc and when I sold karts because of money probs my dad gave me all his old rc stuff...XL2P controller Novak 410 speedo recievers that didnt fit in my B3 that we got I saved up my lunch money(secret) and tald my dad that I washed cars so he paid the other half of my kit!

I raced at my local track for about 2 years and then the JBRL came last year and I thought it was like a world level event and I got a B4 right before that race and got third in the A-main and ever since then i have been into rc cars hard core!!! hahahha
__________________
Zack Rogers...
Kyosho / Team Orion / Airtronics / Jconcetps / Amainhobbies.com / Protek Rc / BlackBeard Rc / Rcinsider.com
AE 14year-old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:43 PM   #5748
Tech Elite
 
BanzaiMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,574
Default

That's neat AE! So, your dad was into

it first. That's interesting! I used to save

my lunch money to buy other stuff too!!

Shame on us!!

Judi
BanzaiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:13 PM   #5749
Tech Master
 
beeanner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 1,284
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to beeanner Send a message via Yahoo to beeanner
Default

Hmmmm. How did I get started in RC. Thats along time ago Mom

I was about 12 or 13 in middle school and a classmate brought a RC Car Action mag to school. I saw it, and ran home to mom and dad and begged and begged and begged for weeks. They bought me a Futaba FX10 for my first car. I bashed around in the street for a year or so breaking parts. Dad took me to the only place in town with the a track to watch and after that it was GAME ON!! I was hooked. Been doing it ever since.

Ive taken breaks, done the so called retirement thing a few times. But you never really get out of the hobby. Its like the mafia, once your in, your in for life! lol. I cant think of any other hobby I do that is as much fun, and frustrating at the same time. I see the kids now at my local track that are factory drivers and all like Ryan Dawson and Kyle Skidmore, that used to be in the novice class years ago always comming up asking questions. Now I go ask them for help. Seeing those guys grow from novice drivers to national contenders is probably one of the best things about this hobby that puts a smile on my face. Well, knowing that ill be able to run the Old dudes truck class at the nats in 7 years is pretty cool too. lol
beeanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:19 PM   #5750
Tech Elite
 
BanzaiMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,574
Default

That's a good story B'ner! I LOVE reading this!

Our oldest son actually got the first R/C and it was

a gas car. Don't remember what it was! And all these

years he's never run electric, still plays with gas!

Never even tried one of our motors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judi

PS Scott thinks it was a Traxxas gas something!
BanzaiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:02 AM   #5751
Tech Master
 
Slant EyEs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: So-Cal....
Posts: 1,021
Default

Ok, here goes nothing...... it all started in '82, Tamiya Super Champ, then a Tamiya Frog and that progressed into a Cox Scorpion. All within a year and a half. Would race at Del Mar "The Ranch/Skate Park/Bicycle Park" Hal Empey, the best announcer to ever live. Actually started racing there with the Frog in offroad. Entered my first "official" big race in 84'. "The Worlds". There I watched Jay Halsey kick ass with the first Associated Prototype RC-10. He won the A-main just to get DQ'd and then have it overturned to take the win, when everyone was almost gone...... I remember it was Gary, don't remember his last name, with a Scorpion that gave Jay a run for his money. Downtown Brown remembers his last name. D-main for me. Finished 5th. From there it was offroad and dirt oval at Del Mar. Had a custom built 2 wheel car, with one of the first 3 gear MIP gear boxes. His name was Ben Woods that built the car. Had a Dominator direct chain driven 4 wheel dirt oval, hell on wheels, pray to God, 7cell monster that you could barely control. Had the A&L version as well, but the Dominator was just better. That was when Trackmaster was the Shiznit. Bob Kuhl, Erik Soderquist, Pat Worcama, Kris Moore, Joel Johnson, the guy from Hot Trick Products..... Can't remember his name as well. Of course soon after we all had the OG RC-10. Off road racing at Jack Murphy Stadium. RC Racing Center had that gig. Reverted back to Tamiya for a short time with the Falcon. Turned that into the dirt oval car and used the RC-10 for off road. Lets see, the OG Checkpoint motors with the tiny brushes, Twister was just coming out with some motors, Gonzo batteries and Parma SCR's and Panasonic's as well. Reedy Dot motors. Trinity, Rev-Tech, Race Prep, Parma, Mabuchi's all tweaked to hell for stock. Just nod Mr. Tweak Bar Scott..... Picked up Kris Moores YZ-10 Yokomo 4 wheel off road car from him, also had a Kyosho Optima Mid 4 wheel belt drive and the OG Ultima. Took a little break, then started racing indoor at RC Racing Center, Hobby Warehouse, Discount Hobbies in Carlsbad. You could race almost everyday of the week, except Monday. Started with a Losi Pro SE and a LXT. Got good and went with Schumacher as a 100% team driver. Did well at Cactus, M&M, Costa Mesa. Won the original Pro Line Classic at M&M with them. Drove for Precision Motors, Extreme Motors, Twister, Showtime R/C, MTH Racing. Don't you just luv Mike Walker.... Dropped Schumacher to go private, there off road program sucked. Back to Losi for buggy and Associated for Truck, what a combo. A few Nationals and one Reedy Invitational and Cactus was pretty much all the big ones I did back then. Quit in late 93'. 13 years later, Mr. Steven "pain in my" Butts got me back into this hobby again at FHR. Damn Slant EyE..... So here I am. Banzai Driver with Losi truck and buggy. This was the sort of Short version.......

Any questions??????
__________________
-Jayson Pang-

Kyosho America - Peak Racing - KO Propo - AKA - DE Racing - Diggity Designs - Speedtech R/C - Team Slant EyEs
Slant EyEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:40 AM   #5752
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slant EyEs View Post
Ok, here goes nothing...... it all started in '82, Tamiya Super Champ, then a Tamiya Frog and that progressed into a Cox Scorpion. All within a year and a half. Would race at Del Mar "The Ranch/Skate Park/Bicycle Park" Hal Empey, the best announcer to ever live. Actually started racing there with the Frog in offroad. Entered my first "official" big race in 84'. "The Worlds". There I watched Jay Halsey kick ass with the first Associated Prototype RC-10. He won the A-main just to get DQ'd and then have it overturned to take the win, when everyone was almost gone...... I remember it was Gary, don't remember his last name, with a Scorpion that gave Jay a run for his money. Downtown Brown remembers his last name. D-main for me. Finished 5th. From there it was offroad and dirt oval at Del Mar. Had a custom built 2 wheel car, with one of the first 3 gear MIP gear boxes. His name was Ben Woods that built the car. Had a Dominator direct chain driven 4 wheel dirt oval, hell on wheels, pray to God, 7cell monster that you could barely control. Had the A&L version as well, but the Dominator was just better. That was when Trackmaster was the Shiznit. Bob Kuhl, Erik Soderquist, Pat Worcama, Kris Moore, Joel Johnson, the guy from Hot Trick Products..... Can't remember his name as well. Of course soon after we all had the OG RC-10. Off road racing at Jack Murphy Stadium. RC Racing Center had that gig. Reverted back to Tamiya for a short time with the Falcon. Turned that into the dirt oval car and used the RC-10 for off road. Lets see, the OG Checkpoint motors with the tiny brushes, Twister was just coming out with some motors, Gonzo batteries and Parma SCR's and Panasonic's as well. Reedy Dot motors. Trinity, Rev-Tech, Race Prep, Parma, Mabuchi's all tweaked to hell for stock. Just nod Mr. Tweak Bar Scott..... Picked up Kris Moores YZ-10 Yokomo 4 wheel off road car from him, also had a Kyosho Optima Mid 4 wheel belt drive and the OG Ultima. Took a little break, then started racing indoor at RC Racing Center, Hobby Warehouse, Discount Hobbies in Carlsbad. You could race almost everyday of the week, except Monday. Started with a Losi Pro SE and a LXT. Got good and went with Schumacher as a 100% team driver. Did well at Cactus, M&M, Costa Mesa. Won the original Pro Line Classic at M&M with them. Drove for Precision Motors, Extreme Motors, Twister, Showtime R/C, MTH Racing. Don't you just luv Mike Walker.... Dropped Schumacher to go private, there off road program sucked. Back to Losi for buggy and Associated for Truck, what a combo. A few Nationals and one Reedy Invitational and Cactus was pretty much all the big ones I did back then. Quit in late 93'. 13 years later, Mr. Steven "pain in my" Butts got me back into this hobby again at FHR. Damn Slant EyE..... So here I am. Banzai Driver with Losi truck and buggy. This was the sort of Short version.......

Any questions??????
wow that's alot of words.

to make my story short I started with a FT B4, and started around the same time Kaaaaang started, and he's way better than me..

Mitch
Mitch P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:48 AM   #5753
Tech Elite
 
K_King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,196
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch P. View Post
wow that's alot of words.

to make my story short I started with a FT B4, and started around the same time Kaaaaang started, and he's way better than me..

Mitch

I think you have 6 months on me brah.

But youre still good.
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Pro-Line - Team Orion - Stickit1 - Schelle
K_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:56 AM   #5754
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_King View Post
I think you have 6 months on me brah.

But youre still good.
maybe like 3 or 2 months.

it was like DEC of 06.

I remember your first time out you made the A in stk.
Mitch P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:08 AM   #5755
Tech Initiate
 
gwbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Shawnee, OK
Posts: 49
Default

Judi,

We are already making plans for the Cactus. It will be good to see you all again. Are you keeping everyone in line? I know that Casper can be a hand full. Yeah, sorry we couldn't make it to the shoot out. Jimmy keeps telling us we need to come out for that. Maybe next year we can work a trip into the schedule. Keep your fingers crossed.

You guys take it easy, don't work too hard and good luck racing.

Later,
Gary B.
gwbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:36 AM   #5756
Tech Master
 
beeanner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 1,284
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to beeanner Send a message via Yahoo to beeanner
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanzaiMom View Post
That's a good story B'ner! I LOVE reading this!

Our oldest son actually got the first R/C and it was

a gas car. Don't remember what it was! And all these

years he's never run electric, still plays with gas!

Never even tried one of our motors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judi

PS Scott thinks it was a Traxxas gas something!
Its enjoyable to sit back and see the kids growing up and becoming scary fast. I probably get more enjoyment out of seeing my friends do good then I do going out there and blowing out every run. lol.
beeanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:38 AM   #5757
Tech Master
 
beeanner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 1,284
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to beeanner Send a message via Yahoo to beeanner
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwbruce View Post
Judi,

We are already making plans for the Cactus. It will be good to see you all again. Are you keeping everyone in line? I know that Casper can be a hand full. Yeah, sorry we couldn't make it to the shoot out. Jimmy keeps telling us we need to come out for that. Maybe next year we can work a trip into the schedule. Keep your fingers crossed.

You guys take it easy, don't work too hard and good luck racing.

Later,
Gary B.

GARY!!!!!!!!!! Bring me something cool from Germany. Like a hot leggy blonde chick! Ok, ill just take a beer. When you comming back to the track? Tell Annita I said hello!!!
beeanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:48 AM   #5758
Company Representative
 
BanzaiScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Banzai,USA
Posts: 1,113
Default

Erik Soderquist: Now that's a name that most people won't know who the heck you're talking about. "Dr. Von Quick" Started Extreme Motors and did some stuff for Maxtec.

Kris Moore: Wound a few motors for that guy back in the day. I think he's still racin'. 1/8 th scale gas, I think.

Tweak Bar: Twister called that a "Pro Stick".
__________________
Continually in business for 15 years

BanzaiScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:02 AM   #5759
Tech Master
 
downtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: on the edge
Posts: 1,576
Default

Erik had to help me build my first diff for the rc 10.

Coming from the cox cars and tamiya stuff I never had to deal with them at 10 yrs old.

Slanteyes stole most of the rest of my life story

just happy that this niche REALLY took off over the years.
__________________
The Official Voice of The 1/8 Wonder

Team Hotbodies
Team RadiopOst
Team DE Racing
downtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:06 AM   #5760
Tech Elite
 
DavidAlford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,151
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford
Default

So I got my buggy, and I think I'm more excited to pull wheelies and overjump stuff then I am to win. Is that wrong?
__________________
Hot Bodies/HPI | Jconcepts | Viper RC | Xpert | Sippel Speed Shop | Lawton RC Raceway | SXT

Last edited by DavidAlford; 08-10-2007 at 10:35 AM.
DavidAlford is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BANZAI 19T MOTORS rogtsaamokin R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 06-20-2007 04:35 PM
Banzai Mod Motors Brandon Powell R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 12-29-2005 06:01 AM
$$$$ BANZAI Motors FOR SALE $$$$ Brandon Powell R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 12-26-2004 06:36 AM


Tags
brushless, motors


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:48 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net