BANZAI Motors

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

HI SCOTT GOING TO S.D SEE YOU NEXT WEEK
Old 06-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I am not a huge fan of change but I will get used to it!

Looks like I will be able to get away for the afternoon to make it out to the stadium. I was trying to get down to SD but the old schedule did not allow me to get away this morning.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Tech Prophet

This kind of sucks that this is a pay site now? To use all the features we have to pay! I understand stuff like this is not free to operate but he is bringing in cash from manufactures with threads like this and advertising space!
Old 06-02-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
This kind of sucks that this is a pay site now? To use all the features we have to pay! I understand stuff like this is not free to operate but he is bringing in cash from manufactures with threads like this and advertising space!
All I gotta say on this subject is ditto......

Old 06-03-2007, 03:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I don't know much about mod motors, but I was asked today, are the Banzai Checkpoint mod motors using the plastic or metal endbell?
Old 06-03-2007, 07:51 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by puddle
I don't know much about mod motors, but I was asked today, are the Banzai Checkpoint mod motors using the plastic or metal endbell?
Good morning puddle. All of our Checkpoint Mods come with the composite end bell. The reason for this is to keep the cost down for us OEM companies and they have been performing flawlessly.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Prophet

Some other highlights of Banzai motors. They are one of the last if not THE last companies to Weld the tabs on there motors. This means you will not loose a wind if the motor gets too hot like some other motors builders that use a cheaper easier solder method. The motors are also HAND wound. No machines, just a hand crank. This gives Banzai' master winders all the control they need to make sure your motor is wound right. It might be a little harder and take a little more time but that is detail, time and effort that goes into each and EVERY Banzai mod motor. Lastly every step in winding the mod motor is done in house. They hand dip the arm in epoxy and bake the epoxy in place, and then balance the arm on a custom balancer. The comm is then trued on a lathe and assembled and test run. It is this attention to details that make Banzai motors separate themselves from the rest. This is not just another company that just buys wound arms and assembles motors they build the motors from the ground up!
Old 06-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Ebi
Tech Adept

Coming back home from a 200 mile ride on the German Autobahn - average speed ~100-120 mph - i can tell, that i won the 2nd qualifier race in our region in 4 wd stock. Unfortunately not with BANZAI power - motors are handout - but Slingshot cells give me an unfair advantage over the competion
The grass track was wet in the morning , but dried out in early afternoon, mains are complete dry. Had to do a lot of work with setup, because the track gets bumpier than last time.
Tire choice was PL Holeshot M3 front and Schumacher minipin yellow rear - must sound really weird to you.
Next race is the Nat's warmup in 4 weeks.

Regards to all from the other side of the pond

Ebi
Team Durango
Old 06-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Casper - What gearing for the rb5 with a co27?
Old 06-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Prophet

I would start with a 21.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Casper
Some other highlights of Banzai motors. They are one of the last if not THE last companies to Weld the tabs on there motors. This means you will not loose a wind if the motor gets too hot like some other motors builders that use a cheaper easier solder method. The motors are also HAND wound. No machines, just a hand crank. This gives Banzai' master winders all the control they need to make sure your motor is wound right. It might be a little harder and take a little more time but that is detail, time and effort that goes into each and EVERY Banzai mod motor. Lastly every step in winding the mod motor is done in house. They hand dip the arm in epoxy and bake the epoxy in place, and then balance the arm on a custom balancer. The comm is then trued on a lathe and assembled and test run. It is this attention to details that make Banzai motors separate themselves from the rest. This is not just another company that just buys wound arms and assembles motors they build the motors from the ground up!
The welds or the as you say" cheaper method" soldering is ONLY as good as the person doing the work..Most if not all motor failers happend when the epoxy fails..Its the epoxies job to hold the wire in place when it goes up and over the tab and down into the next segment ..Hands down the Peak/Orion motor dept. has the dipping down, not very many failers do to epoxy reaching its heat limit and throws out...Blown wind..

Any body could wind a mod motor , its the solder,epoxy and oven time that makes a armature that doesnt fail..
Old 06-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

You ready for a Spurs vs Cavs showdown Judi!! This should be a great finals! Ill try not to laugh too hard when Duncan shuts down LeBron. lol.

Im ready for the Nats! While my performance the past few weeks hasnt been up to my standards, im getting the k-car RB5 figured out. Hopfully luck will follow me to New Mexico and I can put in some blazing runs. If not, im still going to have a great time on vacation! lol.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Tech Prophet

CAlbrecht-- Sorry I must of hit a nerve. Did not mean to say the other ways were inferior but Banzai still does it the old school way!
Old 06-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Good luck b'ner!
Old 06-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
The welds or the as you say" cheaper method" soldering is ONLY as good as the person doing the work..Most if not all motor failers happend when the epoxy fails..Its the epoxies job to hold the wire in place when it goes up and over the tab and down into the next segment ..Hands down the Peak/Orion motor dept. has the dipping down, not very many failers do to epoxy reaching its heat limit and throws out...Blown wind..

Any body could wind a mod motor , its the solder,epoxy and oven time that makes a armature that doesnt fail..
This debate went on a long time ago, on one of the other forums, between Big Jim and Rick. Mike Walker of Twister, for whom Jason and I used to wind felt the same way as we do, and Big Jim. I have an "Old School" welder that was made for me by the same company that made them for Neil McCurdy and Barry Hendrick of B&R Motorworks. I use the same brazing rod and we epoxy dip and bake using the same epoxy and metod that was used at Twister. If you want to believe that it's the epoxy that holds the wire to the comm, that's your preogative. If you want to discuss this further with Jason and I, we can hook up at one of Charlie's races. Until then go back to you own sponsor's thread.

Scott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.