R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 05-21-2007, 01:12 PM   #4501
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Yeah I hit the throttle and the car when left right into the wall and flipped! What a novice! I rolled on the throttle for the mod main though! I had a false sence of security with the 4wd start!

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups

Last edited by Casper; 05-21-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:08 PM   #4502
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to killer89

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc-hopsing
Yes Mom, I finished 2nd in Exp 2wd stock. I did do the stop and go for Erik after the unintentional bump. It was exciting 6 minutes for sure, I ended up as far back as 5th at one point and worked my back up to the lead only to fall back again.
You definitely were faster it seemed. Your car seemed to get more air over the jumps which definitely helps in stock. You caught up to me pretty quick and passed me through the front rhythm section to take the lead, but then you cased that double a little and allowed me to catch up enough to squirt inside of you at the end of the straight. The next lap or so was crazy. I felt like I was playing a video game in time trial mode where the "ghost" car is racing you. It was almost as if we were held together with a 3 ft string. I believe you passed me again going over the doubles and s-section, but over the ski jump I took a risk and skied it a little to take back the lead to the inside. Then through the step-up section I was sure you were going to take back the lead because my car wasn't able to clear the middle double at the end of the race, but I think you took it easy so as to not crash. That next corner I knew I had to go tight, so I went as tight as I could and you did the same. I think you were trying for the inside-to-outside line and I was going for the inside-to-inside to stay tight and avoid the rut in the center along the front rhythm section, and we got tangled. But, like a pro, you stopped and let me go. We had one more lap (maybe 2?) of close battling before finishing .1 sec apart. Thanks for the awesome, clean racing
killer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:16 PM   #4503
Tech Elite

Killer89, WOW! Great race report, feels like I was right

there watching!!

You had a good day yesterday, Congrats!

Judi
BanzaiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:42 PM   #4504
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice seeing everyone yesterday had a good day 4th in exp. stock buggy and truck. Thanks MOM and Scott for all your help.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:14 PM   #4505
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

As far as my results I sucked in truck and lead the whole C-main intell the last lap and got beat by .5sec Buggy what a story that was I qualified 7th in the A and me and Downtown battled out(with very clean driving from both I might add) 1st place checked out by like 5sec but me and Dave were never more than a car length apart the whole tim and then my speed control wires fell apart! Got ninth.........so mad but had a great time and got to meet some more people!
Old 05-21-2007, 04:16 PM   #4506
Tech Master

And sorry to hear about Kyle and his crazy crash down the back strait! But I watched his race and lines to help my driving, but I just am not that good! Nice meeting you Chris.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:16 PM   #4507
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

It was great to finally put a face to a name AE14. Sorry to hear about your bad luck but glad you had a good time. You going to be able to make it to round #4?

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:19 PM   #4508
Tech Master

VERY Clean (and respectful)
Unlike the Qually
I had a great time running with you Zack.

Team Hotbodies
Team RadiopOst
Team DE Racing
downtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:22 PM   #4509
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Johnny_S.

Don't know what it was but I was just not fast in 19t truck at all yesterday. First qually I did pretty crappy, crashed several times, didn't feel like I had a good control of the car. A CVD pin fell out during qual. 2, the set screw was still in it, just the pin came out... Qualified 7th in the B, finished 5th.

In Stock, I had a great 2nd qualifier until I got caught in traffic on my last lap, was on a 2nd qualifier pace. In the main I started 6th and I think I finished 6th, or 5th, not sure.
Johnny_S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:48 PM   #4510
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer89
You definitely were faster it seemed. Your car seemed to get more air over the jumps which definitely helps in stock. You caught up to me pretty quick and passed me through the front rhythm section to take the lead, but then you cased that double a little and allowed me to catch up enough to squirt inside of you at the end of the straight. The next lap or so was crazy. I felt like I was playing a video game in time trial mode where the "ghost" car is racing you. It was almost as if we were held together with a 3 ft string. I believe you passed me again going over the doubles and s-section, but over the ski jump I took a risk and skied it a little to take back the lead to the inside. Then through the step-up section I was sure you were going to take back the lead because my car wasn't able to clear the middle double at the end of the race, but I think you took it easy so as to not crash. That next corner I knew I had to go tight, so I went as tight as I could and you did the same. I think you were trying for the inside-to-outside line and I was going for the inside-to-inside to stay tight and avoid the rut in the center along the front rhythm section, and we got tangled. But, like a pro, you stopped and let me go. We had one more lap (maybe 2?) of close battling before finishing .1 sec apart. Thanks for the awesome, clean racing
Thanks Eric. It was definately a fun race! .

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:54 PM   #4511
Tech Master

Yep Casper I think I will be at the next one sorry I didnt talk to you more, and Ryan still need to meet you(I know you were pitted right next to Casper but I never talked to you...I was the one pitted right across from Scott and Judi. Also Casper and any other people what were you lap times like for anything Mod, 19turn, stock. My fastest lap was a 36.7 and was running constant 37.5-38.3.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:53 PM   #4512
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to puddle
Talking

Good to see you all had a great weekend. Judi, my motors just arrived. Will be putting them to good use this weekend at a big inter-club challenge series down here in Australia.

4wd stock and 2wd Truck here comes Banzai!
Old 05-21-2007, 07:13 PM   #4513
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Johnny_S.

I think good laps for mod were about 34-35. My fastest lap in stock was a 35.8, first lap of my 2nd qualifier. Me and Jim Pierce had the same first lap, and were close throughout the whole qualifier. Not sure what my fastest 19t lap was, probably 35ish, though I didn't end up with too many good laps in 19t.
Johnny_S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:15 PM   #4514
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer89
Your car seemed to get more air over the jumps which definitely helps in stock.
Eric, maybe you can explain this to everyone with your thorough knowledge of anti-squat!!!

(inside joke - couldn't resist)
skysnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:42 PM   #4515
Tech Elite

HEY GUYS, please welcome "Puddle" to our forum

and to " Team Banzai Australia " !!!

Glad your motors arrived ok, and good luck, we'll all

be rooting for you !!

Judi
BanzaiMom is offline   Reply With Quote