R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 05-09-2007, 02:58 PM   #4306
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Figured I'd throw up a shot of what will be Banzai-powered this summer...

Between this car and my B4, I hope to bring some good things over here (or at least quietly hide until indoor starts again )
Attached Thumbnails
BANZAI Motors-kayborally.jpg   BANZAI Motors-kayborallynose.jpg  
Old 05-09-2007, 05:21 PM   #4307
Company Representative

Nice job k_bojar. That just looks fast.

O.K. you guys Mamasan is back from jury duty, so be on your best behavior.

BanzaiScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #4308
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_King
Ok, I was running a 20 on the KD19, but I will try 21.

For 19T I've been running 19-20 on my CR. Ran a 20 at Hot Rod, 19 at Cactus. 19 at Family. I ran 21 a couple of times, didnt feel like it pulled hard enough out of the corners, it really started picking up speed at the end of the straight though! The gearing I run tops me out at a little past 3/4 of the straight....right at the point that you should be starting to slow down for the corner

CO27, 20-21. Usually 20 everywhere. I rarely change that gearing

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:12 PM   #4309
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanzaiScott
Nice job k_bojar. That just looks fast.

O.K. you guys Mamasan is back from jury duty, so be on your best behavior.
Thanks Scott, but I can't take the credit for the paint

And that's all PAINT - no decals anywhere...And that include banzai and the slingshot logo

Its my entry for the local rally series this year Just gotta finish working on the chassis
Old 05-09-2007, 07:43 PM   #4310
Tech Elite

OK guys, I HAVE jury duty again tomorrow!!

I am answering emails and phone messages as fast

as I can. Please give me some time if I didn't get to

you yet. I will be SOOOOOOOOO ready for Pegasus

on Saturday! Time to relax and have some fun

and see you all!!!!

K-bojar, love the paint job!! Also, I'll get your order in the

mail!

Thanks for helping with the gearing questions guys! I don't

do gearing anyways!!!!!

Judi
BanzaiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:51 PM   #4311
Tech Regular

I will see you all Saturday at Pegasus. We plan on racing at socal on Friday and Sunday. The Banzai/Slingshot combo is still working awesome! I had to look at that body a couple times to make sure they weren't stickers k_bojar.

Team Associated ~ Pro-Line ~ Slingshot Batteries ~ LRP ~ HT Batteries ~ Upgrade RC ~ RCid ~ Fusion Motorsports ~ Novarossi ~ Ace Hobby ~ TQ Fuel ~ Competition Products
MXer92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:55 PM   #4312
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ya that painting is sick for those not to be stickers!
Old 05-09-2007, 09:00 PM   #4313
Tech Elite

Kyle, can't wait to see you all!!

I want to hear all about the Losi race!

Judi
Old 05-09-2007, 10:07 PM   #4314
Tech Champion

Ain't no stickers on that car anywhere...At least not until I get to put a couple of subaru decals on the sides...
Old 05-10-2007, 10:19 AM   #4315
Tech Elite

Getting ready for jury duty, don't have to be

there so early today.

Just read "Little E" announced he's leaving DEI !

And from what I read, Budweiser is going whereever

he goes! This should get interesting!

Be back in here tonight!!

Judi
Old 05-10-2007, 10:27 AM   #4316
Tech Master

He's got a 'lifetime' deal with BUD.
Weird stuff for it not being 'silly season'.

Team Hotbodies
Team RadiopOst
Team DE Racing
downtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:36 AM   #4317
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Oh with the COT and Toyota this was a silly season without extra stuff like this.

I see him gonig to Childress with the "3" car. Childress is the only power house with room for him. They are expanding, run Chevy's and have the resources. It is also a second family to him.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:00 AM   #4318
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King

Old 05-10-2007, 11:33 AM   #4319
Company Representative

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...dei/index.html
Earnhardt to leave DEI after '07, unsure of future
By Jenna Fryer, The Associated Press
May 10, 2007
12:08 PM EDT

type size: + -MOORESVILLE, N.C. -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. will leave the company founded by his late father at the end of the year in a shakeup certain to ignite a bidding war for NASCAR's most popular driver.

He told Dale Earnhardt Inc. on Thursday that he had decided to make the switch to another team when his contract expires (watch video).

News Conference
Dale Earnhardt Jr. announced he is leaving DEI. NASCAR.COM kept a running commentary of the news conference.

Complete text, click here
"We worked really hard, but we were never close," Earnhardt said of negotiations with DEI. "I am a little sad, but I am trying to remind myself to be excited about what's ahead."

Earnhardt had asked for 51 percent ownership of the team now run by his stepmother, Teresa. Negotiations on a contract extension began before the season and have been tense all along. Earnhardt's sister, Kelley Earnhardt Elledge, had set a deadline to get the deal done by the end of the month.

"I'm sad that I have to leave some employees that I got close to, leave some relationships," Earnhardt said. "We're going to finish this year out, and I told my guys we're going to run hard. I don't want any excuses for us not giving our best effort. I plan on giving everything I've got like I always do, and hopefully that's what I'll get in return."

Three-time Cup champion Darrell Waltrip, one of Dale Earnhardt's friendly rivals, traveled from Nashville at Earnhardt's request to join him for Thursday's announcement.

"This was incredibly difficult, a lot of emotion and the hardest thing he's had to deal with up until now," Waltrip said of Earnhardt's decision to leave DEI. "This is a big deal."

Now, Earnhardt must decide which team is the best fit for him.

"I've always thought RCR just because of the Childress-Earnhardt relationship," said Waltrip of Richard Childress Racing, where the elder Earnhardt won six of his seven championships. "I have personally have always thought the racing world would be right if Dale Earnhardt Jr. drove the black No. 3 car."

Earnhardt has made it clear he wants to be in a Chevrolet next season, but that loyalty could limit his options.

It's also possible that Earnhardt will field his own Nextel Cup team from JR Motorsports, where he runs a Busch Series program and several Late Model cars out of a brand-new shop in Mooresville. Earnhardt scheduled his news conference at that facility. (Continued)

Previous12Next

Old 05-10-2007, 11:34 AM   #4320
Company Representative

Although he said at last month's grand opening that he'd like to eventually expand JRM into the Cup Series, his sister was taken aback by the remarks. Elledge, who runs JRM and has handled his contract negotiations, later said the duo had no immediate plans for expansion.

At a sponsor appearance Wednesday night, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reported Earnhardt told fans his priority as a team owner is promoting young drivers and mechanics.

News Conference
Dale Earnhardt Jr. announced he is leaving DEI. NASCAR.COM kept a running commentary of the news conference.

Complete text, click here
"I don't want the company to get too big," he said. "I've got about 70 employees now, and I don't want to get too many more."

There are three Chevrolet teams better than DEI, but Hendrick Motorsports has no room in its stable for Earnhardt.

Hendrick, winner of seven of the past eight Cup races, is already maxed out with four teams but could assist Earnhardt by leasing him engines. Hendrick already leases motors to Ginn Racing and Haas-CNC Racing, and Earnhardt recently got to feel their horsepower when he jumped into Kyle Busch's car during a race last month.

Richard Childress Racing always has been considered the most logical place for Junior to go. Childress and Dale Earnhardt were extremely close, and Junior has maintained a relationship with the car owner.

RCR, which owns the No. 3 should Junior ever want to drive it, can add him as the fourth and final team NASCAR permits each owner. It would team him with Kevin Harvick, who replaced the elder Earnhardt following his 2001 death, and has openly invited Junior to join the organization.

It's also possible that RCR would lease JR Motorsports its engines should Earnhardt field his own team. RCR already gives JRM its motors.

The wildcard could be Joe Gibbs Racing, another powerful three-car Chevy team that would pair him with buddies Tony Stewart and Denny Hamlin. Earnhardt and Stewart have worked wonderfully together on restrictor-plate tracks, and Earnhardt befriended Hamlin early in his career.

Gibbs is coach of the Washington Redskins, and Earnhardt is die-hard fan. He wore a Redskins cap backward Monday during a test session at Lowe's Motor Speedway, where he expressed frustration over the NASCAR-mandated Car of Tomorrow and admitted DEI can't keep up with Hendrick's COT program.

Earnhardt and Elledge have been adamant their only goal is to help Junior win Cup championships, something he's been unable to do at DEI. He hasn't been a legitimate title contender since 2004. In 2005, he had a horrendous season when Teresa Earnhardt split up his crew, and he failed to make the Chase for the championship.

He rebounded last year by making the Chase, but was never a threat for the title.