BANZAI Motors

Old 04-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Oh and since it was not mentioned Steve Butts kicked A__ in exp stk buggy and 19T buggy sweeping those classes. He also TQ's exp stk buggy!

Great job this weekend Steve and you mom makes some mean stew! That stuff was great. Thanks again!
Thanks Casper!! I had a pretty good weekend The car was working good, once I figured out how to actually get around the track without hitting one of many potholes Motors were great all weekend as well as the Slingshot pack

For those that dont know, I ran an X Factory X-6 this weekend. The car worked great! I borrowed Downtown's "back up" car, put all my Losi parts on it (shocks, spindles, slipper clutch, turnbuckles) shimmed up the worn parts, put some new gears in the trans and ran the s**t out of it Thanks Dave for letting me try out the car.

Those Kyosho cars really looked GOOD Ryan and Casper's cars looked super smooth. The cars look real nice.

Ryan took the 19T Tq spot from me by 6 seconds! He ran a near perfect qual run (I think he went too wide in one or two corners ) If Ryan didnt get the bum break at the start of the main it would have been a race to the finish for sure.

And great job Boice Family!! Kyle just stepped up big time!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skinny
DOWNTOWN made the A mains in all three of his classes 19t & stock buggy and 4wd.
Yes, this was Downtowns weekend for sure. His Kyosho car looked good (made him look good too? ) Awesome job Dave, you out qualified me for a whole round!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What a fun weekend and I cant beleive I forgot to mention how Steve did. He was unstoppable in the mains. Mr Consistancy.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Well my weekend was alot of fun but didnt do to good! In sp. stock buggy I 9q'ed and work all the way up to third and then got hit by Olsen(like someone said earlier) on the last lap and got fifth(but he said sorry plus its just racing so its all good!) so ya fifth in truck....buggy I 3q'ed and I got the holeshot in the first corner and of course I hit the TWO car big hole on the triple. Got put in last and(for the mains I tried a 4200 batt pack for the first time in my life and wow to fast for me to get use to in one race) I caught up to six and on the last lapped crashed and got ninth in the main it was hopefully a throw out! But my Banzai motors were great!!! Hope I can make it to the next one!
Old 04-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

I was TQ in rookie and got second . it was a fun weekend of racing but very hot. under the the oning of steve's motor home was like 130 degrees. but it was a very fun weekend, and Zack it was nice meeting you and you will have to come down to FHR some time too .
Old 04-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Ya forshur...nice meeting you to. I was going tio talk to casper and ryan but they were very busy! Talk to Downtown and some other FHR guys.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Zack-- We are rarely too busy to talk. Next time you see us stop by and say hi!
Old 04-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds like Banzai had a good showing at the JBRL as usual.
The Losi Race was very fun. At the last minute they announced that the person with the most laps in qualifying will get 1,000$ in cash from Cutting-Edge. Thanks to Peter Lopez for the awesome track layout. Cutting-edge sugar watered the track and did maintenance every night keeping the track good.
Next year they will be doing the 1000$ qualifying thing so hopefully that will draw more people.

Kyle Boice
Old 04-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Hey casper so how do u like ur new rides? and how would u compare the RB5 against losi's xxx-cr?
Old 04-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

banzaimom,
judi,
took about a month off of racing....i went to the altoona raceway and raced mod truck there...powered by the 12x2 horsepower.motor was awesome as heck......qualified 3rd and i won the a-main....

chris wolfson was in the house and he almost caught me by the end of the race.......

ill be looking forward to having more victories with the banzai horsepower...

here is the main page pics....

go down to the mod truck pic...
im the one in the white losi shirt....

http://www.altoonaraceway.com/TRACK.html
Old 04-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

I had a great time this weekend.
2nd in stock buggy, more or less blew out in 19t and 4wd but was able to at least get them into the show.
Was able to hang with Casper in 4wd for a couple of corners at a time
Out qualled Stevo again for a round (gotta live my glory )

Big thanks to KWHIS, for letting the guys crash.
Next time we race, No more late nighters

BANZAI pony in stock would have taken the win, Driver malfunction cost us the win.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AE 14year-old
Ya forshur...nice meeting you to. I was going tio talk to casper and ryan but they were very busy! Talk to Downtown and some other FHR guys.
yeah man there friendly guys .

and they were chillin in that trailor with the a/c on and casper watchin the nascar race I bet .
Old 04-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Sorry Casper it wasn't all you be busy I was preety busy myself! But I watched you guys with those Kyosho and they looked dialed! But wow a friend let me run a 4200batt and that thing made my car from a stock to a 19turn! the most I have ever ran is 3800 so I wasn't ready for the power or else I think I would have done better with my 3300's(at least I 3q'ed) I was happy with that!
Old 04-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The A/C was nice. Made that Bakersfield heat a little less brutal.

I had to watch Nascar with the guys in the trailer closer to the gate entrance though. No TV in the trailer!

Zack. Those 4200's are the way to go. They really are that much better!
Old 04-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Casper
The A/C was nice. Made that Bakersfield heat a little less brutal.

I had to watch Nascar with the guys in the trailer closer to the gate entrance though. No TV in the trailer!

Zack. Those 4200's are the way to go. They really are that much better!
yeah Zack 4200's are the way to go. dont have to worry about dumping in the mains

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.