R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 05-26-2006, 01:17 PM   #271
Tech Elite

Jeremy, have a good time at the Reedy!

We'll miss you, but we'll see you soon!

Judi
BanzaiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:02 PM   #272
Tech Elite

Well, I'm not much help guys. Jason and I made the trip

out to the track for the JBRL race this week-end, and

they still haven't figured out if they are running it wet or dry.

So, I would suggest being prepared for anything as far as tires!!

I will be there again tomorrow, if anything changes, I'll let you know.

Judi

PS Hey look, I was a rookie, then initiate and now I'm an apprentice!!
Old 05-26-2006, 10:24 PM   #273
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Last year they watered throughout the day. Unless they changed the dirt I do not think it will hold together for the whole day with 190 entries. We will see though. I am bringing ifmar studs, ifmar pins and holeshots for both my cars. That is what was working last year. I think we settled on ifmar pins as the best all around tire regardless of wet or dry.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:40 PM   #274
Tech Adept

Yea I am going to bring any tire I think will possibly work. I am going to try to get out there tomorrow and get a few packs of practice in.
R. James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 05:35 PM   #275
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (98%+)

Hey Judi!

Raced today with the CP 11x2 and all I can say is AWESOME!!!! Its got so much more consistant power than othe mods. Its freegin awesome. Ran it probably 20 times and the comm looks good as new!!!! Awesome Motors Judi!!!!

Later,

Vision Racing Products (VRP)- www.visionracingproducts.com
"Smiley" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:30 PM   #276
Tech Elite

Smiley, glad you liked the new motors!! Did Dan get to try his

yet? Also, did you see your old racing buddy Tito on here? I'm gonna

hook him up!

Jeremy Felles attended the Reedy On-Road race and sounds like it was a

great event! I'm sure he'll give us a report after he rests up. I talked

to him today and he had a good time. We missed him at the JBRL race!

I got to meet NutFluff this week-end and I'm one of the "proud and few" that

knows what Nutfluff is!! He's also a great guy!!

We saw the return of Ryan Dunford, and he's back to his old form! Also,

he has a terrific new fiance! And to all the staff at Pegasus and best customers in the

world, THANK YOU for a great week-end of racing. Of course, "my boys"

are the best there is, and we so appreciate all the team guys for coming out

and representing us so well!!!

Judi
Old 05-29-2006, 10:37 PM   #277
Tech Master

Judi--It was great to see you over the weekend. Just think we get to do it all over again in a few weeks. Jimmy his crew and Pegasus Hobbies put on another great day of racing. The turnouts just keep getting bigger than expected. And of course, thanks to the Slingshot Boys......
KWHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:54 PM   #278
Tech Elite

OK, here's my race report, and I hope I got it all!! For those who think off-road is dead remember, we went head-to-head with the Reedy Race on-road here, Memorial Day week-end, a one day Sunday race and the JBRL round #3 had "215" entries, and "28" heats!!!!
ALL ELECTRIC!!!!!!!

Banzai driver Casper TQ'd and Won 19t truck! I believe he is in 1st place in the series.

Banzai driver Jeremy Hase TQ'd and Won Ex. Stock Buggy! Great Run!

Banzai drivers A-Main finishes: Brian Sullivan, 4wd Mod (7th)
Casper, Ex. Stock Buggy (2nd), Ryan Dunford, Ex. Stock Buggy (3rd), and 19t
Truck, Ryan James, 19t Buggy ( 6th), Ex. Stock Buggy (5th), 19t Truck (9th)
Vanair, 19t truck (3rd).

All these guys are running in the most popular classes and were just outstanding all day long!!

B-Main finishes: Keith Whisler, (2) mains, Eric Hase, 19t Buggy, Bob James (2) mains, Vanair, 4wd Mod and 2wd mod, Chuck Fowler (2) mains. I love you all and you fought all day long for these terrific finishes!! Thank you so much!

By the time I thought I better write everything down, I was way behind, and
everyone was packing up to leave, but I think I got everyone, I just missed
a couple of guys where they finished, so forgive me for that!!

Judi

Last edited by BanzaiMom; 05-29-2006 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:08 PM   #279
Tech Adept

Hey judi I found out I got 9th in 19t truck and that I see you having me running sp buggy and not expert. I made the As but hopefully I can do better a revelation in a few weeks.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:09 PM   #280
Tech Elite

I don't know how long one of these posts can be, so I just keep posting and starting a new one!!

I want to thank Jeremy Hase for the pop and food and taking care of customers motors, cutting comms and helping them!

Eric Hase, we just like to sit and laugh!

Casper and Ryan, so glad to see such great friends racing together again!

Chuck Fowler, thanks for just being you, and always asking if I need anything!

Keith Whisler, thanks for the battery help! Brian Sullivan, always making sure I'm doing ok during the long hours!

Bob and Ryan James, great racing, and it's so good to see a father and son team! After-all this is supposed to be a family hobby!!

Vanair, love talking with you!! And you have such a great attitude about
racing!! Thanks for being a part of our family!

And again, thanks to all our customers, Jimmy for the series, and of course, all "my boys"!!!
Old 05-29-2006, 11:31 PM   #281
Tech Elite

Thanks Ryan, I fixed it!!

Sitting here trying to read my notes, and fill-in-the-blanks, I can't remember

was it 19t truck, or 19t buggy, or stock and 19t????

And then, you all know I don't watch the mains, I sit and listen to Jimmy call

the race because I'm the "jinx" if I watch!!

This "old ladies" memory isn't too good, even 1 day later!!

Ok, I'm done!! How did all my boys do around the country? Wish I could

be with all of you!!!

Judi
Old 05-30-2006, 12:08 AM   #282
Tech Adept

Yeap you had alot to write down and there are just so many different classes.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:55 AM   #283
Tech Master

Hey everyone,

It sounds like the JBRL was awesome this weekend and I'm excited that electric offroad is still chugging along with that can't of momentum. Sounds like Team Banzai did a good job out there and I'm excited for all of you guys that were out there layin it down. Congratulations go out to Casper and Jeremy Hase for their wins; you guys must have lit it up. It also sounds like Dunford was in solid form after a good chunk of time off which is also good to hear. The whole team put up great results and to those of you that felt like it was an off weekend don't sweat it. There's always another one and I know that you're all capable of serious speed.

Alright, here's my Reedy Race report:

It was Freakin awesome!!!! Enough said. Ok, I'll elaborate. The racing was unlike anything I've ever seen (and I've been at this race the past two years) and there was a positive attitude in the air all weekend. I had a great time working the Team Losi booth next to my friends from Pacific Coast Hobbies and those that came up to talk to me actually had legitimate, interesting questions. Can you believe it?! It restored my hope in the R/C community. The Tamiya facility was absolutely awesome and Scotty Ernst lit up the track with his fast paced announcing. I was psyched about the performances of Team Losi drivers Mike Truhe and Randy Caster both of whom made the open mod main. Truhe actually went on to win making it the 4th out of 5 years that losi has won that class. Losi also did well in the spec class with Kyle Bergstrom taking a second position in the A and Jay Filipow lookin fly in his low top converse with "power socks" in the C main. I'd also like to wish Jay luck in his housing pursuits as he was looking to close the deal on new living quarters on main day so best of luck to him. I'd also like to give honorable mention to Josh Numan whom put in some performances in the invite class that were absolutely mind blowing to give him a 3rd overall for the weekend.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:16 AM   #284
Tech Master

Default Con't

The last Reedy Related information that I'd like to touch on is the return of Brian Kinwald. It was great to see Brian back at the race track and as I'm sure most of you expected he showed very little in the way of rust. I know he didn't finish where he would have liked but it was obvious that he'll be back up to speed in no time.

I took some time to talk to Brian and he was feeling good about being back at the track and said he had more fun in his first five minutes on the track then he had in his last complete year of racing. I know I speak for all of us when I say that we all hope that he ends up racing with us for hundreds of years to come.

Also, I would like to announce that I have grown tired of using mediocre equipment in the way of batteries and for that reason I will now be running Slingshot batteries in all of my Banzai Powered team Losi vehicles. After watching the power that the Slingshot team drivers had and talking with company owner Keith Whisler; I decided that there would be no better home for me than Slingshot. I'll be relying on Slingshot power at the Onroad Nationals in 10 days in the extremely competitive stock class and I have no doubt that my JRXS will be in the hunt with Slingshot IB3800s providing the go. Those batteries combined with Banzai tuning and brushes are an awesome combination.

Alright I'm outta here. Its time for nite nite.

(God I just re-read this post and it sounds so fake when you read it. If you need proof that I am not faking it just call me up at 714-333-7755 and I'll give you the skinny on everything with the added benefit of voice inflexion. Just give me a day or two to change my voicemail message as it is very R rated)
Old 05-30-2006, 08:11 AM   #285
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

It sounded like a great weekend for both sides of the electric R/C world. Banzai/Slingshot power was in effect at the JBRL race. It was Banzai power that kept me in the 19T main as I pulled in the mid race leader every straight with my awesome power after getting behind to due some unscheduled bobbles early on. Consistant Slingshot batteries and strong Banzai motors allowed me to reel in the leader and make for a great 5 min race. I do not think 1-2 were separated by more then 1/2 a straight for all 5 min for a great 19T truck main. It was good racing all day. Track was simple but still required consistant lines to get through two sections of the track that were very inconsistant. The competition was stiff though. Jeremy Hase had a great run in exp stk buggy where he lead from start to finish in a very tough class that showed Banzai 1,2 and 3 in the main. This class was so close there were less then 2 sec separating the top 4 cars in qualifying. It was great to see Scott and Judi at the track again. Hope to see Scott back on the track by the shootout! It was also good to see Ryan Dunford lay down some fast lap times to put his cars in both mains after about 3 months off to get personal stuff back in order. We hope to see him at the track a lot more for the rest of the year!

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote