Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BANZAI Motors

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

casper are you running the nitro this year I talked to you at supercross i thought you said you were going? My wife said I can also do the classic too I will be at the banzai 6 with downtown dave brown can't wait

steve congrats on Banzai
Old 01-15-2007, 10:11 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by rcdude19641
they should have a spt and exp stock. sure theres only an A for the exp class but its still not fair for the spt. drivers. as for the 19t class it really doesnt matter cause 19t isnt as popular as stock. either or im fine with cause im not racing stock.
There wasn't enough to run expert stock truck at some of the JBRL races, I know because I was there, so that's probably why he's thinking about a Expert and Sportman 19T.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

That is the idea. The 19T classes were large so he was thinking of separating the fast guys out of that class to make it more fair. The expert classes were not very popular on both sides. Exp buggy averaged about 7-8 per race. More then enough for a good race but not the 2-4 heats most everything else was drawing.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

J.Johnson, I have C2's, more torque, smaller tracks and K19's, RPM

big tracks!! Most are running the K19's, that's what Downtown

has.

I rank that kind of qualifying right up there with qual-points!

Judi
Old 01-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BanzaiScott
There wasn't enough to run expert stock truck at some of the JBRL races, I know because I was there, so that's probably why he's thinking about a Expert and Sportman 19T.
But when he mixed the expert and sportsman class he added 2-3 spots in the main to accommodate the other drivers. As for an expert and sportsman 19t it could turn into the same deal with X amount of drivers running 19t and only 3 drivers running expert 19t. Again I really don't care what happens I was just putting in my $.02.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Company Representative

Mixing Sportsman with Expert doesn't work well. I've done it and won't do it again.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Tech Prophet

I am not sure there is a way to make everyone happy. I would say there is a group of people that should be running expert that run sportsman. In the spec classes you do not need sponsership to run in the exp classes. I ran expert for a couple years before I ever got any "help". I like running the spec classes because for me it is cheaper. Tires last longer and I break a lot less. I enjoy the racing more. I think the exp 19T class will be just like Chris said. It will be a small handful that are willing to sign up for it and it will be a small class as well. Not sure there is anything to do about it. I am wondering if there is enough interest and people to run an old dude 19T class?
Old 01-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

There are certain people, won't name names, that SHOULD NOT be running sportsman. These are people that have won stock at bigger races and still insist on running sportsman. If this certain group of people moved up to expert we wouldn't have the problem of not having enough drivers to fill a class. For example at the race in Hemet the mixed sportsman and expert truck. I was in the same heat as the expert drivers and there was one person who was beating Bill Koch. Now Bill wasn't crashing and neither was this other driver, they both were driving as they normally do. This person, again not going to name names, should be running expert. If they mix the expert and sportsman classes this person will just win again. I'm all for mixing if we DON'T have enough people but if certain people would move up we wouldn't have a problem. Maybe what Jimmy should do is for the first race have a separate stock class and if we get enough then run it for the rest of the series. If not don't have separate classes. All of this is my opinion, not saying anyone else is wrong or that I'm right (cause I'm probably not! )

Back on topic: So how are the motors doin?
Old 01-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Jimmy started a thread here on R/C Tech under the

racing forum section. I think that's the best place to discuss

these issues as JIMMY WILL READ IT!! And he's the one in

charge!

Judi
Old 01-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Prophet

Did not know Jimmy had a thread! Glad there is place to discuss this type of stuff. He should get some surveys going!
Old 01-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

I don't mind the topic Casper, just think we need to voice our

opinions while Jimmy's still sorting things out! And where he will

see it !!!! THEN, we'll thrash it out here!

And yes, Chris, you are wrong in one respect. Bill Koch has been

racing longer than I am old!! And I'm 57 !! So he needs to

get out of sportsman, like about 20 yrs. ago!!

Judi
Old 01-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Tech Prophet

All I will say on this. Koch was in exp. He was kicked out in the '05 series since he won the classes. He was the only exp truck that finished the series. There are about 4-5 guys that were on exp pace running sportsman that need to bump themselves.

Jimmy is still in the decision stage on some of this stuff. He is influencable at this point. In less then a month or so from now this may be set in stone though.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I am planning on racing this series and have a few questions. How do most of you pit? Is pitting from your vehicle possible as far as power goes or do you need a generator to do that?
Old 01-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Most of the tracks have power you can tap into. The only track it is an issue is Freedom park but they usually rent a large generator for everyone there. Pegasus has power issues as well. Both places you can bring a generator and run it. I would bring a pit table, chair and shade to just about all the tracks just to be on the safe side. All the tracks this year are outdoor and even though most all have pit tables (Camarillo the exception again) they fill up fast so if you are not there VERY early or the day before you may be left out.

IF you would like I can go through what you will experience at each event.

Maybe that is something that should go on the JBRL web site?
Old 01-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

yes casper...you should tell jimmy that...camarillo is horrible for pitting situations...pegasus wasnt bad but its not good either

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.