Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components >

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 04:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default DC4

Having just received and built my DC4. Does anyone have a baseline setup for running USGT on a medium bite asphault track? The track is good sized with aproximately 18-20 second lap times.
Thanks for any help. Mel
Old 08-06-2013, 12:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by melman222
Having just received and built my DC4. Does anyone have a baseline setup for running USGT on a medium bite asphault track? The track is good sized with aproximately 18-20 second lap times.
Thanks for any help. Mel
Hi Mel, I cant believe nobody has chimed in... As I said in the TC4 forum, I wont be racing for another couple of months. I could get you going in the right direction with a base setup though. Just let me know....

thanks, Damon
Old 08-06-2013, 03:09 AM
Tech Regular

Default DC4

Damon, Thanks for the reply. Do to no one with any ideas. I set it up with just plain, old school common sense for my maiden running and it was on a rail. Now it is time to work on the gearing , as it was not as fast as I would like , but I will come up with a solution.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Thank you to Damon for the rapid response via e-mail to my purchase concerns. The kit got hit with customs charges which was a bit of a pain and what caused the delay on my end!.

Any way the build was really straight forward. When I finally got to the track with it my rear diff went on my 3rd lap. So nothing to report so far. The only change in the setup I made was to not run any spacers below the blocks.

Thanks

Joe
Old 08-24-2013, 01:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by melman222
Damon, Thanks for the reply. Do to no one with any ideas. I set it up with just plain, old school common sense for my maiden running and it was on a rail. Now it is time to work on the gearing , as it was not as fast as I would like , but I will come up with a solution.
Hey Mel, That's great... Ive been so busy with summer stuff I'm trying to catch up with it all

If you have any setup tips or want to list your setup for others to check out then please do.

thanks, Damon
Old 08-24-2013, 01:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Captain go slow
Thank you to Damon for the rapid response via e-mail to my purchase concerns. The kit got hit with customs charges which was a bit of a pain and what caused the delay on my end!.

Any way the build was really straight forward. When I finally got to the track with it my rear diff went on my 3rd lap. So nothing to report so far. The only change in the setup I made was to not run any spacers below the blocks.

Thanks

Joe
Joe, did you get that diff figured out ?
Old 08-31-2013, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default Horizontal camber mounts

I have a DC4 the manual says to take the horizontal camber mounts and cutoff the chassis brace portion of the piece. However, I am converting from a FT-TC4 and have the aluminum horizontal camber mounts. If I use the aluminum mounts, ill that have different geometry than the stock plastic camber mounts?

Thanks
Old 09-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by volracer
I have a DC4 the manual says to take the horizontal camber mounts and cutoff the chassis brace portion of the piece. However, I am converting from a FT-TC4 and have the aluminum horizontal camber mounts. If I use the aluminum mounts, ill that have different geometry than the stock plastic camber mounts?

Thanks
no, they have the same geometry.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Hello everyone, I have just received my DC4 kit and will be building it in preparation for my tracks season opener next sat. From that point forward I will be on here to help anyone with any setup questions or advice on the car. I am looking forward to being able to help out with this car as I have had a lot of experience with the tc3 and tc4 cars over the years and feel with it converted to the DC4 its going to be a great improvement to the car.

Thank you Damon for the kit, everything looks good and the quality is amazing! good job
Old 09-22-2013, 04:03 AM
Tech Regular

I could not get the aluminum camber links to work I n the rear because they are designed to be attached by a screw that passes through the top plate.

Is there a set up sheet showing the new shock mounts?

Thanks
Old 09-22-2013, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by volracer
I could not get the aluminum camber links to work I n the rear because they are designed to be attached by a screw that passes through the top plate.

Is there a set up sheet showing the new shock mounts?

Thanks
Looks like the front FT camber blocks should fit, the rear have no idea as I dont have the coversion But it looks like the top plate might clear the blocks

If not just get some plastic ones and cut them down ... part 31001 or 31002 for the carbon.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

got to shake down my new DC4 LE car last night in modified TC and I am very pleased with the handling of this car with the conversion. there were definitely noticeable improvements in the handling when compared to the stock tub chassis of the tc3 and the tc4. the car felt more predictable and naturally had more grip and was very easy to drive fast. Unfortunately for me I was only able to race 2 quals and not the main as I didn't pick up the steel outdrives in time for the race so after my 2nd melted composite diff I just was over it haha. but right now I am running the car with the mounting positions that are in the instructions except I have leaned my rear shocks in 1 hole on the tower to give more grip while cornering and running blue front springs and silver rears with 40 wt oil. with tc6 shocks. 3 hole pistons. silver sway bars in both the front and the rear. I have 2mm uptravel front and rear and -1.5 deg front camber and 1 deg rear camber. ( I noticed the wear on my rear tires were towards the inside on the tire when running 2 deg camber so I reduced the camber to 1 deg to try and get an even wear and lil more grip).

also to note I am running the stock DC4 lower chassis plate with the flex topdeck.

this car balances nice and it was great to actually be under weight for once with a tc4 even with a standard weight mazda speed 6 body

this car is going to get better and better so I will keep posting my setups but soon I will be running my converted gear diff in the rear. when I used to run a tc3 a year or so ago I made gear diff to work in my car it is in the tc3 forum so do a search if you haven't seen it.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

I ordered a conversion Kit this morning. Looking forward to running the car in our Canadian Vintage TransAm powered by 21.5 at 1450 Grams.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Just ran an older xlr8 for the first time in vta and have to say it was great i'm running it with a shorty pack on the right side with speedo behind it and everything else on the left nice car to drive very smooth although my overall tractikn didn't seem right i think my springs were too hard all around purple up front and blue in back associated springs. Any tips does that seem to hard to you?
Old 10-07-2013, 03:37 AM
Tech Regular

Default Setups

Thanks Jeff for the setup info. I was having trouble with the car being extremely loose too. Put on a new set of tires and noticed the outer 1/3 of the tires wasn't touching the carpet, so with your settings the car really settled down. Last run out I tried moving the shocks into position #2 and the car really rotated in the corners. Mel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.