Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components >

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Very nice looking cars...would like to see more detailed pics of the pivot if possible.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The "DIGGITY DESIGNS" car's (plural) look dialed. The rear pivot is very unique, not your typical pivot ball setup. Being able to move the cell weight left to right on the cd12 is really neat for people who have oddball sized electronics. Instead of adding weight you can just move the batteries a bit. You cant go wrong with Quasi-Isotropic Graphite either. No tape, no o-ring to tweak your car, perfect!

Good luck with your new cars DAMON, cant wait to get mine!!!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Diggs- Sorry bro. My pre- and post-Cleveland life has been chaotic, to say the least. You're still my favorite racer from Freemont, MI. Get a hold of me tonight if it's not too late.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave G
The "DIGGITY DESIGNS" car's (plural) look dialed. The rear pivot is very unique, not your typical pivot ball setup. Being able to move the cell weight left to right on the cd12 is really neat for people who have oddball sized electronics. Instead of adding weight you can just move the batteries a bit. You cant go wrong with Quasi-Isotropic Graphite either. No tape, no o-ring to tweak your car, perfect!

Good luck with your new cars DAMON, cant wait to get mine!!!!!
I would like to take this time to introduce the rest of the team to Dave Graboski, He is our newest Team member and will be helping with R&D of our new 1/12th 3D12 and CD12 kits. He has many many years of racing experience and he is the product manager over at MRC/Academy USA. We look forward to good things in 2007! Happy Holidays!

Damon
Old 12-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool HOT DIGGITY !

Originally Posted by Diggity
All you 1/12th cats!!

Wanted to let everyone know that we have been designing 2 new 1/12th kits! Yep not 1 but 2 kits! There is the improved and redesigned popular D12 version labeled the 3D12 that has the mid battery layout with adjustable battery positioning. There is the classic rear battery layout edition with adjustable battery positioning labeled the CD12. Both kits have an all new rear pod design that uses the proven CRC side springs and a brand new mid pivot design only found here at Diggity Designs! Both kits are all new chassis designs!! The servo position has been revised to allow for the turnbuckles to have proper angle! There is a front cutout in the chassis for the AMB transponders that are comonly used in the RC industry but our cutout includes a small strip of carbon fibre still in the cutout for those people, like some I know, that have cut the side tabs off of their AMB transponders. This small strip can be cutout with a dremel in about 30 seconds for those who have a new or noncut AMB transponder. These kits will be available in January 2007 and they will be complete kits only! Here are a couple exclusive prototype pics!

I'll take one of each in Black Please !
Your adjustable battery positioning will help alot of racers with distributing
the weight to the side they need it and helping the tweak Great Idea ! And your new mid pivot design on Both kits looks pretty Slick ! No breaking of the T plates ! Priceless ! ! !

Hope I can get one before the birds ! You still going this year ?
Old 12-19-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Damon,
What about us guys who just got the D12V2? It's cool that cars improve and get better, but to buy a newly released kit and have it discontinued by 2 newer and completely different versions in three months sucks.

Andy
Old 12-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bad-Andy
Hey Damon,
What about us guys who just got the D12V2? It's cool that cars improve and get better, but to buy a newly released kit and have it discontinued by 2 newer and completely different versions in three months sucks.

Andy

Andy, Hey bro, sorry about that its just that we are moving on and making better products! I dont think we will discontinue any of these new ones for awhile ! I did give you a discount on the first kit and although you decided to run a different car anyway, I can hook you and anyone up who has purchased the D12V2 with 50% off what ever the conversion kit will be! Just email me or let me know.

Later, Damon
Old 12-28-2006, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

you say they will come in silver and black? do you mean the carbon or the aluminum? i hope it's the carbon....i'm not to partial to the SSG type material.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

TENCHO: Yes the graphite material will be offered in black and silver, not the aluminum pieces. Hope this helps.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Here are some pics of the 18t oval car I built for a friend of mine. Build went really well and the chassis looks great. Any possability of making some CF body mounts like the aluminum ones I made? I have had alot of ppl from the forums asking me to make them some. And I just dont want to. lol One thing it could really use would be an extension in the front to mount a bumper to. You then of course make a cool bumper with the body mounts on them in the front.

Was a pleasure to build such a cool little car thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components-pic-1.jpg   Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components-pic-3.jpg   Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components-pic-4.jpg   Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components-pic-5.jpg  
Old 12-30-2006, 12:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Speedie: Great looking Oval kit. Thanks for posting the pics, I like the rear wing on the body

I dont see the mounts being a problem to make. I can have something available by next weekend. If you want to send the people that want it to our website then I will make sure to have them posted by next weekend!

Thanks again, Damon
Old 12-30-2006, 12:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TENCHO
you say they will come in silver and black? do you mean the carbon or the aluminum? i hope it's the carbon....i'm not to partial to the SSG type material.
The production kits will only be available in Black 3mm guasi carbon. If anyone will want a SSG version then it will be a special order. The traditional black is stronger than the SSG, although the 3mm SSG is not bad!

Since the kits will be available as conversion kits and full kits we are not going to be anodizing the kits aluminum. The kits will be in silver aluminum and most likely will be compilated with CRC aluminum parts.

Damon
Old 12-30-2006, 02:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Diggity
I dont see the mounts being a problem to make. I can have something available by next weekend. If you want to send the people that want it to our website then I will make sure to have them posted by next weekend!

Thanks again, Damon
Awesome Ill go through my PMs and tell them to keep an eye out. There is one other company that I saw makes one but its plastic and cheasy looking.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

digs, check ya PM's jimmyjon

L8R
Old 01-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

hey digs im me i wanna talk to u

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.