Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada >

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey trent;

Do you have any plans on being more involved with One10DriftBC?
Old 01-19-2008, 12:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sabin
Hey trent;

Do you have any plans on being more involved with One10DriftBC?

Hi JD,

Currently, I'd have to say that my passion is definitely racing and as such our company has largely been tailored towards supporting racers across the country.

I have a lot of respect for the growth of One10DriftBC - I think you guys are definitely doing things right as the club seems to be growing and keeping momentum which is great.

However, my schedule is so crazy these days that I am not really able to extend myself too much farther, so I'll probably stick with my racing roots. Maybe I'll hit the dirt again this summer a bit, but that's probably about it.

T
Old 01-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Hey T just thought I would drop you a note and say thanks for the horsepower your motors gave me in Stock Touring in the races at Lethbridge this last weekend. They powered me to a close second in the A Main. I can say for sure that it wasn't the Motor that cost me the race. If I could drive as good as the Motors worked I would be in great shape The type C is a great motor for Touring car stock. I also had some good runs in 12th stock using the type x motor finishing 2nd in the A main, and in 19 turn TC with the Hemi C motor. It had huge take off power and good speed down the straight. Thanks again for the help and I look forward to using your motors in the future!
Kevin Phillips
Old 01-21-2008, 10:35 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Kevin!

Always a pleasure to build some horsepower for you man. You can definitely put it down! Sounds like it was an awesome weekend of racing, with a lot of competition so that's some very fine work indeed.

Let me know what's coming up next for you..... we'll build more mojo!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi Trent and Phil,

Just a quick one to say that I received the first shipment of motors into Australia today

I can honestly say that I am very, very impressed with the presentation of the motors themselves, containers and information sheets that come with each one of them. It is clear that a lot of thought has gone into your presentation and it is something to be very proud of.

Simple things, like getting the stickers on the cans right and not covering important motor cooling vents, down to soldering the brush leads next to the hood and not in the tabs at the end of the motor (no hung brushes due to the lead being too tight).

I'm Extremely happy and now cant wait to get them into some cars on the tracks here and see the performance they will yeild.

Thanks guys,

James
Old 01-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Tech Addict

Hey James,

Thanks very much for the kind words. Thanks also for noticing the entire package! It's something that we pride ourselves on. On day 1 (through 30 ) of the tuning gig, I spent a ton of time thinking about how to present the motors and what racers needed to see on the graphs and so forth. It seemed to me also that no racing motors on the market really came with any sort of information or maintenance instructions, so we added that too.

Basically, the goal is to present the highest quality, highest performance motor in effective, re-usable packaging along with a meaningful dyno sheet. We run our own custom dyno here that runs software that I wrote for generating those metrics in a more accurate manner. We actually measure performance in a very strict proprietary way, so while you may find that our sheet reads a bit lower compared to older dynos (CE dyno in particular), we are confident that we have a very accurate gauge of performance between our products.

So, all in all. Yes! We totally agree. Buying a T-Bang motor ensures you get a very robust product in every regard we can think of! If anyone can think of other ways, we're all ears too - don't hesitate to send feedback this way. It's the only way we get faster.

T
Old 01-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Hey, Kevin.

Way to go with WCICS! Maybe I can make it out that way next year. I'd love to at least make the trip to support you guys.

Do you have any plans to switch over to LiPo at all? Just curious what racers are planning for. It would be great to get testimonials about the on-track difference between the two.

Bye for now.

P.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Hey, James.

Glad to hear that the shipment made it to your neck of the woods. Be sure to send us some photos of the T-Bang power in action!

Thanks for the great feedback on the presentation. Trent really has put lots of effort and thought into making great power plants and similarly in the way they are presented. I am confident they'll work as well for you as they have for us!

Keep us posted.

Thanks.
Phil
Old 01-29-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Hey, all you T-Bangers!

We are pleased to announce the arrival of the much anticipated Corally Pro10 and F1 cars to T-Bang! They are now in stock for all those who have the need for speed! Chris has tested the F1 in Vancouver and I have been testing the Pro10. They are both dialed right out of the box! Drop by the T-store to take a look. Full parts support, tires and bodies are being added to the database this week.

I love these cars!

P.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gilligan
Hey, all you T-Bangers!

We are pleased to announce the arrival of the much anticipated Corally Pro10 and F1 cars to T-Bang! They are now in stock for all those who have the need for speed! Chris has tested the F1 in Vancouver and I have been testing the Pro10. They are both dialed right out of the box! Drop by the T-store to take a look. Full parts support, tires and bodies are being added to the database this week.

I love these cars!

P.
Hello everyone,

Yes, I have been lucky enough to test the F1 out before it's available. The car is absolutely a gem to drive. If you are looking for speed and handling out of the box, I can say it's well balanced and an ease to drive. You won't be disappointed. Not just the performance is there, the durability of the car is excellent. I had a few occasions with the touring cars and boards, it survived well.

For motor power I was using T Bang 19T Hemi (lov my Hemis)
Speed and acceleration is all there. I even used my 3300 batteries for this test and it held up well for performance and run time. This F1 likes to keep on going. I can't imagine going with higher capacities cells.

It's a 2 thumbs up from me. FUN!! is my moto. with F1 season coming soon it will be the car to get and have fun with.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Hey, Chris.

Yeah, I can hardly wait to get a T-Bang XB Proto Type-10.5 brushless in there or the Hemi-K. Because we've been doing such volume in the motors we've noticed a tremendous amount of consistency in the data and as such we're able to keep up with the Quali-T and "no dud" policy! Nice to be working with those numbers. Trent's depth of experience after tuning mountains of motors really helps! Did you leave the gearing as stock with the car? How was the motor coming off the track, Chris?

Phil
Old 01-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I might have to place an order for one of the F1 cars for something different in the toy collection if I can get it past the wife .

I have just added a 1/12 to the car collection today which is small enough to hide in between the other onroad cars and buggies ,

We are about to do some back to back testing with the T-Bang Hemi C against a 10.5 brushless in the 12th scales here in Australia on one of our indoor tighter type tracks, so I look forward to the findings.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gilligan
Hey, Chris.

Yeah, I can hardly wait to get a T-Bang XB Proto Type-10.5 brushless in there or the Hemi-K. Because we've been doing such volume in the motors we've noticed a tremendous amount of consistency in the data and as such we're able to keep up with the Quali-T and "no dud" policy! Nice to be working with those numbers. Trent's depth of experience after tuning mountains of motors really helps! Did you leave the gearing as stock with the car? How was the motor coming off the track, Chris?

Phil
Hi Phil,

The Hemi X is doing very well. I haven't replace the brushes since I had it in the car. Heat wasn't an issue an all. Finally I got to see some wear on the frt tires...haa.haa. I had left the gearing on the car. haven't change it yet.
Just love the speed this thing carries in the corners and down the straights.

I could gear it down further for the track but it seems to be pretty happy the way it is. I tried saucing the frt tires to half now and man it's so cool going into tight corners. The back end just won't break loose.

Brushless...yipee. I can't wait to see the proto. Maybe we can see 17.5 for stockers and 13.5 for 19t guys later.
Last week after running my Phi with the brushless guys, my Hemi K was keeping up. I am very impressed with Mr T Hemi K.

Next test I am planing to try out is the 12th scale. Maybe we can stick a 10.5 in the 12th scale. It be interesting how it handles 8 minutes of racing on 4 cells.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

Man oh man. I have a dilemma now - I don't know which one of those cars to get first! Always something new to tear around with.

Thanks for the kind words on the motors guys - we are definitely seeing great results across the board right now. As Phil said, the latest batches have been among the tightest tolerances we have seen for quite a while.

I believe this to be a combination of the EPIC factory really hitting it's stride with all of the current motors on the market and hitting higher quality marks along with our processes becoming ever tighter and more predictable all the time.

As much as it's great to build the odd "mad ripper", I actually pride myself more on keeping a very tight range on all of the motors that we ship in the eXtreme line! It's no good if there are only a few fast motors to go around - we need to take care of all of the customers, and so far so good!

It's crazy times right now with new cars, new motors, and new batteries all over the place! Should be an awesome spring and summer this year!
Old 01-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just to let you know Trent;

I have a reedy flash modified motor on the way in, and I'll swap out the existing arm for the 23 turn arm I've been running. I figure it'll add a little more torque to the already killer setup I have going.

Also, one10 might be changing their schedule in the future so that it works better with OGR's schedule.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.