R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 07-03-2008, 02:27 AM   #541
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey T & P,

Well the car is together for this weekends titles here in South Australia,

Change of body and have gone with the Lexus LX-250, also had some custom decals made up off of the logo. It definately stands out on the track with the fluro greens.

Thanks for all the help in the lead up guys,
Attached Thumbnails
T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada-picture-109.jpg   T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada-picture-110.jpg   T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada-picture-111.jpg  

*HEI International for Protoform/Proline/Spaz Stix
*Bitty Design Australia for Bodies and Liquid Mask
* Airbrushmegastore.com for all paint and airbrush supplies
B4james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:30 AM   #542
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4james View Post
Hey T & P,

Well the car is together for this weekends titles here in South Australia,

Change of body and have gone with the Lexus LX-250, also had some custom decals made up off of the logo. It definately stands out on the track with the fluro greens.

Thanks for all the help in the lead up guys,
Looks wicked james, hope to see it do well on the track

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:20 PM   #543
Tech Regular

Go get 'em, James!

P.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:17 AM   #544
Tech Elite

Hi Trent and Phil,

Well our South Australian State Titles have been run and won and I can report some great results for T-Bang motors and the Corally PHI,

In 27 turn stock both the Type E and Type C motors in two different cars set both the quickest lap times as well as overall race times ever seen in 27 turn at the track. The times achieved would have put both cars on the front row at the Australian National titles which were held at the same track in November last year.

Results were:

27 turn

TQ and 1st James Ainslie - T-Bang Type E & Corally PHI
2nd Justin Summerill - T-Bang Type C
4th Vince D'Angelo - T-Bang Type E

19 turn

3rd Brett Mattheson - T-Bang Type K Hemi C
4th Mark Miller - T-Bang Type K Hemi C

T-Bang drivers also doing well in 12th scale mod with Justin Summerill having a fantastic TQ and win with Chris Esteve finishing fourth.

Cheers

James
Attached Thumbnails
T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada-picture-123.jpg  

Last edited by B4james; 07-07-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:35 AM   #545
Tech Regular

Absolutely fantastic, James!!! Way to go. It's great to see that you're doing this with the Type E as well. Our domestic tracks here are generally too tight for that motor and racers prefer the M or C over the E. On the bog track, though, the RPM of the E really shines. Sounds like it was perfect for that monster of a track you had!

Post a bit of a story for us to let us know how things went blow by blow. Any video at all? When are the Australian National Champs? Are you planing on attending?

Amazing!

Phil
Old 07-07-2008, 10:00 PM   #546
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
Post a bit of a story for us to let us know how things went blow by blow.
Phil
Hey Phil, here it is as I remember it – Blow by Blow

Qualifying was planned as being 6 qualifying heats with points allocated to where you finished in the round with best 4 to count, staggered starts were also used.

For Saturday 5 qualifying heats were planned and due to the ever threatening weather it was straight down to business.

Q1 – This qualifier saw Justin Summerill get off to a flyer with myself not far behind in the times, and both of us putting a nice gap on the field although the track was cold and times were slow, in the end it was Justin who took the round.

Q2 – Again it was Justin who lead the way with me not far behind, this qualifier almost came down to feet and inches but it was Justin taking the win and the points for the round. Both cars were a lap up on the rest of the field and the times were getting quicker.

Q3 – This heat saw issues with the lap timing system before it started and resulted in us all sitting on the grid for 5-6 minutes. This resulted in batteries not being as punchy as they could have been and tires going cold. When starting Justin’s car spun on the first corner allowing me to pull aside, it was a close heat and unfortunately whilst going for an inside move on cold tires I tapped Justin’s car in the side which resulted in the pinion on his car coming loose resulting in me taking the round.

Q4 – This heat saw both of us getting off to a cracking pace with both cars going under the previously held lap record as we put a lap on the field. This round saw both cars setting the quickest race times seen in 27 turn stock at the track and this time I took the chocolates.

Q5 – With threatening weather predicted for the next day it was a possibility that this round was going to be the last qualifier meaning it was looking as though it was all going to come down to this round as both of us had two wins a piece. It was another close fought round with myself able to come away with the points and what looked like TQ.

At the end of the day it was announced that if the track was dry in the morning a sixth round of qualifying would be run, Justin and I both looked at each other with a look that said “man do we have to go through all that pressure again” lol.

Overnight the heavens had opened up and the track was still wet which resulted in me taking the T.Q spot. Once the track dried it was down to the business end of the meeting

Finals

A1 – It was a clean start for all drivers with both Justin and myself getting off well, I was able to push the PHI hard in the opening half a dozen laps opening up around half a second lap advantage. Through this it gave me a lead that equated to the length of the back straight (150 feet). Instead of settling in and taking it easier I continued to push and with less than a minute to go made a big mistake and clipped an apex which rolled the car and allowed Justin through for the win.

A2 – This time it was Justin’s time for a mistake, the flag dropped and his car turned in the wrong direction. Due to running two classes he had not reset the model type in the radio and it was set to the 1/12 scale with the servo reversed. Even though this took the pressure off I still needed to keep in mind the race time as if A3 was cancelled out due to weather it would come down to the quickest final times. As it turned out I won the race and posted a time quicker than the first final with Justin storming through the field in a determined drive resulting in second.

A3 – Well it all came down to this final, pushing hard again in the initial stint I was able to break out to a good lead and then settle in to keeping it clean and on all four wheels this time. Justin again drove a determined race and really peeled of some quick laps in the closing stages but the lead was too much to reel in. In the end it was a great result and one that I am sure left both of us mentally drained,

With both of us going under the best track times for 27 turn and both being a lap up on the rest of the field in almost every heat and race it was a great result for T-Bang motors.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #547
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The T-bang motor (E) i used seemed to get quicker in every heat, a cut, clean and some extra cleaning with a secret fluid kept my motor getting some really good speed, pitty my car was a bit too soft in the rear susp. which made it bog down in tight corners. I raced the whole meet on that 1 motor (8 Heats) and it never seemed to be dying.. Just kept getting faster..
Old 07-08-2008, 09:45 AM   #548
Tech Regular

Yeah, the Type E loves the big tracks due to the extra RPM for sure. It's also very tunable, too. Cutting brushes and trying different spring combos to suit the track layout seem to make quite a difference. It also doesn't seem to get as hot as the other types of motors as well. Glad to hear it worked out well for you both!

Phil
Old 07-09-2008, 05:43 PM   #549
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to BigDaddyT
Default Awesome!

Fantastic work guys! Glad to hear that we could help power you to the front of the field. It takes a lot of driver to do that as well, so I definitely want to thank you for your effort and skill!

Looking forward to hearing more tales of conquest from Oz!
BigDaddyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:39 PM   #550
Tech Elite

We havent been able to source any video footage of the racing as yet but here is a link to some video of the track, the driver is Rhys who finished second in the mod class driving a PHI.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FLilJnPLHvU

Old 07-14-2008, 11:40 AM   #551
Tech Regular

Hey, T-Bang race fans!

The results are in! July 12-13 2008 was the annual IROCC Speed Weekend – the largest outdoor race in Western Canada and first annual Canadian Pro10 National Championships. For the event we had 107 entries for Stock TC, 10.5 TC/19T, Nitro and Pro10 and an entirely new race field for us to put Trent’s skills to the test. Pro10 racers were running 200 and 235 mm chassis, NiMh and LiPo, and 10.5/19T motors. Pro10 A Main finishers 1 through 7 all ran T-Bang motors!

Special congratulations go out to Mick Szirmay for capturing the First Annual Canadian Pro10 Championships running a T-Bang X19 Type Hemi K. Mick's car was silly fast and expertly piloted throughout the event. Trent has been creating some amazing power in these motors this year for sure, and they seem perfectly suited for this class.

For the Pro10 National Championships the A-Main results were as follows:

1. Szirmay, Mick (TQ) T-Bang X19 Type Hemi K
2. Bernard, Gerry T-Bang X19 Type Hemi K
3. Cady, Phil T-Bang XB Type 10.5
4. Bell, Blake T-Bang X19 Type K
5. Younger, Tom T-Bang X19 Type K
6. Armstrong, Glenn T-Bang XB Type 10.5
7. Ashmore, Brian T-Bang XB Type 10.5

In the uber-competitive stock racing we had 6 heats of touring car. In the A-Main, the top four drivers all ran T-Bang motors:

1. Cady, Phil (TQ), T-Bang XS Type M
2. Ashmore, Brian, T-Bang XS Type M
3. Chan, Ken, T-Bang XS Type M
4. Younger, Tom, T-Bang XS Type C

19T/10.5 TC saw the very skilled Korgae Scales using the T-Bang XB Type 10.5 to finish second in the A-Main. Way to go, Korgae.

Thanks go out to all T-Bang drivers and test pilots for their excellent performance, feedback, and your sportsmanship. Once again, congratulations, Mick, for becoming the first annual Canadian Pro10 Champion using the T-Bang X19 Type Hemi K!

See you at the races.
Phil
Old 07-14-2008, 12:44 PM   #552
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks Phil!

I really have to thank Phil and Trent for supplying me with the most outstanding power I've ever had for my Pro10. The Top 10 cars were all incredibly dialed in and phenomenally fast but the power I had was just unbelievable. Torque, top end, I had it all. You guys really know your stuff!

I'm looking forward to next raceday already!

Mick
DekelzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:19 PM   #553
Tech Elite

Well done guys, great results Phil including your win in the stock class

Old 07-19-2008, 07:57 AM   #554
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekelzMan View Post
Thanks Phil!

I really have to thank Phil and Trent for supplying me with the most outstanding power I've ever had for my Pro10. The Top 10 cars were all incredibly dialed in and phenomenally fast but the power I had was just unbelievable. Torque, top end, I had it all. You guys really know your stuff!

I'm looking forward to next raceday already!

Mick
Mick, Nice win for the Darkside Car!!

Would you share your set up and a little info on the track for us other Darkside racers? I've got mine running pretty good on the carpet, but will be running our pavement two day race in September here in Colorado.

Ps. Thanks for the Decals with the bodies Phill sent down! I need to order some of you stuff prior to this race.

Mark
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:21 AM   #555
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Mark,

Thanks for your kind words. I have started a buildup diary and should have it posted tomorrow evening. I've documented (with photos) all the modifications I've made to make the car a wide car and LiPo ready.

Stay tuned

Is there a Darkside thread somewhere? I can post it there or maybe I should just start a new thread?

Mick
DekelzMan is offline   Reply With Quote