R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 02-03-2008, 11:43 PM   #481
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

what voltage were these tests done at, as i wonder wether they would vary from 7.2 to 4.8. thanks
lignum vitae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:08 PM   #482
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to BigDaddyT

Those are 7.0v test numbers we posted up..... they will most definitely vary at 4.8v. It's difficult for me to predict what will happen as I've admittedly got absolutely 0 "gut feel" for this stuff yet, so we're going 100% with what the numbers say.

Best plan is for me to run it and let you guys know! I'll set up the test as soon as I'm back at the dyno - hopefully this evening.

T
BigDaddyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:20 PM   #483
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyT View Post
Those are 7.0v test numbers we posted up..... they will most definitely vary at 4.8v. It's difficult for me to predict what will happen as I've admittedly got absolutely 0 "gut feel" for this stuff yet, so we're going 100% with what the numbers say.

Best plan is for me to run it and let you guys know! I'll set up the test as soon as I'm back at the dyno - hopefully this evening.

T
hope you can run these tests soon, as i think they might show the industry some interesting results. thanks.
lignum vitae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:44 PM   #484
Tech Addict

Will do sir - Just got back from some time away and we'll get those numbers rolling sometime this weekend!
Old 02-18-2008, 06:56 PM   #485
Tech Addict

Howdy T-Bangers!

I just wanted to give a shout out to all of the guys that ran T-Bang power for us this past weekend at the Mid-Winter Challenge in Kamloops. This is always a big show as it pulls together the best racers from the Interior, Alberta and the Coast.

I had to live vicariously through the guys this time as I am at home with our new additions to the family, but the early race report from Phil made me all warm and fuzzy!

12th Stock TQ and A Main 1st place for Corally and T-Bang motors (Brian Black)

12th 19T TQ and A Main 2nd place for Corally and T-Bang motors (Brian Black, Mick Szirmay finished 3rd)

Touring Stock - A Main 1st place for Corally and T-Bang motors (Phil Cady, aka Mr. P-Bang)

Pro10 TQ and A Main 1st place for T-Bang Motors (Mick Szirmay with a Hemi-K, and honourable mention to Mr. P-Bang for gunning for it but blowing a gasket on the last lap. )

All in all - great work guys. Thanks to everyone else who supported our power products and Corally out there as well. We're happy to be bringing this stuff to you guys and it's all of our customers that make it possible.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #486
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Congratulations guys, really fantastic results and hopefully now with T-Bang power in Australia we can begin to emulate the results down under.

*HEI International for Protoform/Proline/Spaz Stix
*Bitty Design Australia for Bodies and Liquid Mask
* Airbrushmegastore.com for all paint and airbrush supplies
B4james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:06 PM   #487
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Killerkevin

Hey T just thought I would drop you a note and let you know how we did in Regina. In touring Stock T-Bang took 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th in the A main
12th stock T-bang got 3rd and 7th in the A-main
19 turn T-bang got 3rd and 4th in the A-main.
I would just like to thank you for providing great motors time after time. It is great to know that I can depend on quality motors everytime I order one of them from you. That is what it is all about having confidence in the motors you are racing with. Thanks again for the power in the races this weekend. I look forward to racing with T-bang every weekend.
Kevin Phillips
Old 02-26-2008, 09:16 PM   #488
Tech Addict

You are most welcome sir! As always, I like to point out that it takes a hell of a driver to pilot those motors to the top of an A main in a field like that. You guys have done a fantastic job at the WCIC this year!

Let me know what you need for the next round!
Old 02-27-2008, 02:38 AM   #489
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Trent;

Normally I wouldn't do this and relegate it to either email or PM but I'll need a comm cut, some new silver brushes and red springs. I picked up a CO27 motor from one of the LHS's to continue with my testing and it gave some excellent power plus a bit more RPM. I even overgeared the heck out of it just to see what would happen and it stayed quite cool, even with twenty minutes of running.

I'd say testing is complete, we have the recipe we're looking for and all we need is it to be tuned.

I'll try n give you a ring tomorrow aswell.
Sabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:26 AM   #490
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin View Post
Trent;

Normally I wouldn't do this and relegate it to either email or PM but I'll need a comm cut, some new silver brushes and red springs. I picked up a CO27 motor from one of the LHS's to continue with my testing and it gave some excellent power plus a bit more RPM. I even overgeared the heck out of it just to see what would happen and it stayed quite cool, even with twenty minutes of running.

I'd say testing is complete, we have the recipe we're looking for and all we need is it to be tuned.

I'll try n give you a ring tomorrow aswell.

Hey JD,

PM Sent.

T
Old 03-10-2008, 11:38 PM   #491
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Killerkevin

Hey T I would just like to thank you for the motor power you gave me for the 2008 Magic City Classic ROAR Region 11 Champs March 7, 8, 9 It was great going into every race knowing that the Motors would not be a problem and all I had to worry about was driving the car as fast as the motors made the cars.
I ended up Qualifying 2nd in Stock TC and finished 2nd in the A Main using the type C.
In TC 19 turn I qualified 2nd and ended up winning the A main with the type K. The motors worked great all weekend and were definitely not holding me back. Thanks for the power all weekend.
Kevin Phillips
Old 03-11-2008, 07:39 AM   #492
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to clint

I would like to thank you for the crazy HP motors as well T at our local Smackdown race I TQ'd in 1/12th stock, beating out the brushless guy's I might add! but did a nasty cartwheel down the back straight in the main, so I had my only DNF.
I qualified 1st in the B stock sedan and dominated even though I was a lap down after my spektrum went into safe mode on me, I came back to win the race.
Keep up the great work, I am very proud to be part of your team.
clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:15 AM   #493
Tech Regular

WOW. Way to go, you guys!!!!! Great stuff. If you have any feedback about the motors and their characteristics, please also let us know such that we can incorporate it into the tuning regime. It's great to have you folks out there having fun and tearing it up! You may also want to check out the ceramic bearings we've manufactured to increase your speed and efficiency.

Keep up the excellent racing and have fun!

Phil
Old 03-11-2008, 05:07 PM   #494
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint View Post
I would like to thank you for the crazy HP motors as well T at our local Smackdown race I TQ'd in 1/12th stock, beating out the brushless guy's I might add! but did a nasty cartwheel down the back straight in the main, so I had my only DNF.
I qualified 1st in the B stock sedan and dominated even though I was a lap down after my spektrum went into safe mode on me, I came back to win the race.
Keep up the great work, I am very proud to be part of your team.
I ran T-Bang power (S27-type C) in the same 12th scale stock class as Clint and despite qualifying 6th, i was able to finish in 3rd place and claim my first podium of the day. I know I used a sport tuned motor but I've found it to be as good as anything out there apart from the XS-Type C.

Edit: Just wanted to add that both Clint and Jake were fast all weekend and were unlucky with their results.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:29 PM   #495
Tech Addict

Right on laddies! It brings a tear to my eye to hear about you all kicking butt with the motors. That's what it's all about!

I'm just getting set to start putting together batches for spring/summer '08. I've come up with a couple new techniques for the stockers that seem to reduce the amount of friction on the armature. Net effect is much lower amp draw on break in, but higher RPM and better efficiency in the car!

All new 27T motors that I'm building will benefit from the tweaks, so I am anticipating a strong summer for everyone. Also - we're going back to the T-brush as our default tune for the CO27's. It's been consistently producing more power on the new batches of motors, so this should give a little extra edge right out of the box.

T