Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next" >

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Eric - I just got back around to building my Mx2, did you change the ball-ends on the turnbuckles to the rear pod? The directions say something about 1 small and 1 big end, but looking at the ones I have, they all look the same

Just wanna double check for i get to far along and have to rip everything apart

thanks!
Old 07-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You will be fine.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by k_bojar
Eric - I just got back around to building my Mx2, did you change the ball-ends on the turnbuckles to the rear pod? The directions say something about 1 small and 1 big end, but looking at the ones I have, they all look the same

Just wanna double check for i get to far along and have to rip everything apart

thanks!
Yes, it was a running change that was made earlier this year. I decided it was better to standardize the link ends.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default I was thinking....

This weekend my local track will allow brushless 13.5 in the stock classes. So i went to m trusty Mx2 to see if I could mount that beast. With out making a bolt on extension tray I really do not see any way to mount a bigger burshles ESC. SO here is my thinking.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MxGTB.pdf (48.9 KB, 154 views)
Old 07-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Are the roll springs the same color/rate as the CRC ones? I have a full CRC set and wanted to do a little fine tuning.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Are the roll springs the same color/rate as the CRC ones? I have a full CRC set and wanted to do a little fine tuning.
Yes. They ARE CRC springs.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Cool thanks
Old 07-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

I forgot to mention that the stars on the cardesign were to
represent center of gravitys. The Yellow Star being total.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Yes. They ARE CRC springs.
That's half right. I've actually had a couple fo batches of springs from both CRC as well as Windtunnel Racing. They're both the same dimensions and work equally as well, colors/lb ratings are the same also.

-E
Old 07-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by trailranger
This weekend my local track will allow brushless 13.5 in the stock classes. So i went to m trusty Mx2 to see if I could mount that beast. With out making a bolt on extension tray I really do not see any way to mount a bigger burshles ESC. SO here is my thinking.
Interesting idea, not certain if this will balance out, but I might experiment with it. As far as the brushless thing goes, I'll be honest, we kind of missed that boat with the design of this car. I never anticipated brushless becoming so mainstream, so fast. I can tell you that we're working on making the chassis more "brushless friendly". I'll be posting some new stuff for the car sometime next month.

-E
Old 07-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

if want to roll with it and wouldn't mind passing me a prototype
I can send you the techincal drawsing in PDF. The drawings are more indepth and have some intersting features.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
Interesting idea, not certain if this will balance out, but I might experiment with it. As far as the brushless thing goes, I'll be honest, we kind of missed that boat with the design of this car. I never anticipated brushless becoming so mainstream, so fast. I can tell you that we're working on making the chassis more "brushless friendly". I'll be posting some new stuff for the car sometime next month.

-E

Well now that BL is becoming more mainstream we are starting to see smaller and lighter brushed/BL combo ESCs coming out. The Tekin R1, which I've been waiting on for some time, is not all that much bigger then my QC2 and I think they will get even smaller once manufacturers stop trying to make ESCs that are both brushed and brushless. So the only area that I see will be an issue in the future for BL is the rear pod which any current 12LX based rear pod is going to have anyway.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sensorless controllers have the ability to get smaller, but the NOVAK GTB will
stay hefty for a while. The Brushed function is nothing more than software in the controller. What does take up board space that is not on other ESC's is the FAN, SENSOR hardware, modular plugs/wires. I would rather own a GTB for the modular wires and plugs. I have fired too many things trying to replace damaged input wires.

The longer motor pods would be great for the 10.5, 13.5 and soon 17.5 motors. Too bad I don't have one yet.

The design I came up with for the car would have better shock settings and would be LiPo ready with the swap of the battery holddown. Since Lipos could be lighter, the Servo could shimed inboard 3mm along with the ESC. The LiPo Pack would be set outboard 3mm.
The geometry of the car could also be better since the mass of the car is more compact and closer to the actual rotational point of the car. Yes there would be more sawy action compared to the Mx2, but every other car out there would too.

You have to remember brushless has a foothold and I really do not see saddle "bags" making the long term cut. Its either out front or dead last, racing or business.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
That's half right. I've actually had a couple fo batches of springs from both CRC as well as Windtunnel Racing. They're both the same dimensions and work equally as well, colors/lb ratings are the same also.
That's interesting...then again, CRC repackage a LOT of stuff as their own. Lunsford Ti bits, Associated everything to do with the front end, IRS axles and hubs, etc.

I'd never seen the side springs in the Windtunnel/Murdock stuff though. I order a LOT of "consumables" through them...color-coded front springs, ceramic bearing sets, shims and I'm sure some other stuff.

Eric...you and Mark (and others!!) need to plan on coming up March 7-9 for the 18th Annual Magic City Carpet Classic!! Mike Blackstock gave the event two thumbs and a big toe up (he'd have done both big toes, but he'd have landed on his a$$) last year. Always a big 1/12 and taxi cab turnout. It will be held in the Shrine Auditorium...LOTS of pit space (full table for everybody!!), huge layout (52' X 100' this year), a drivers stand to die for (it's a stage...room for 50 and your feet are 5' above the surface), scored with our RC Scoring Pro software (no hassle resorts, quick-n-efficient race management). How can you NOT be here???!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Eric...you and Mark (and others!!) need to plan on coming up March 7-9 for the 18th Annual Magic City Carpet Classic!! Mike Blackstock gave the event two thumbs and a big toe up (he'd have done both big toes, but he'd have landed on his a$$) last year. Always a big 1/12 and taxi cab turnout. It will be held in the Shrine Auditorium...LOTS of pit space (full table for everybody!!), huge layout (52' X 100' this year), a drivers stand to die for (it's a stage...room for 50 and your feet are 5' above the surface), scored with our RC Scoring Pro software (no hassle resorts, quick-n-efficient race management). How can you NOT be here???!!!
I've put it on my schedule, so we'll see how it fits!!! Remember to send me the flyer when put together so we can post it on our website.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.