Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next" >

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have seen the New Updates they look Great. Dam, i didnt think about but I could of took sum pics a couple of weeks ago with my phone and could of then posted Spy picks.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Mike - did you not sign the non-disclosure agreement!! I guess, I'm the only factory sponsored racer, since I did not give away the secret parts list and pictures!!!

Hey E, Give me a call I still have your glass.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Grenade-
Old 10-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
Hello fellow darksiders. This thread seems to be talking alot about 1/12th scale at the moment, But I have the 10th scale enemy slider and it worked great all last season at our local track, but this year I teamed up w/Bill from full throttle and he built me a killer motor, also the track got longer but tighter. So, now my car wants to hook real bad in the corners can someone help me out with what adjustments to make to help keep the car from hooking??

thanx
Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] with your set-up and I'll get you figured out.

As far as the updates are going, Haynes and I have been working on a bunch of stuff over the past couple of months. I do not want to release an entire new chassis (X-ray style) everytime we've got an update. The new more brushless friendly top plate is at the machine shop and will be out very shortly.

Grenade, I'll have my people call your people about that non-disclosure agreement....

-E
Old 10-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
Grenade, I'll have my people call your people about that non-disclosure agreement....

-E
Hey, come race in Greeley Saturday, we can talk face to face, and I could give you your glass. I should leave soon, so it does not get broken!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default mx2 1/12th pan car

hey all:Just want to know if there will be an updated 1/12th on road car that will be for either brushless only or brushless compatible?Thanks for the info
Old 10-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here was my concept of an LIPO and BRUSHLESS ready car. I agree with Eric, brushless technology will only get smaller so making a car today to fit the GTB and LRP crowd will outdated soon. If and when a LIPO standard can be made will also affect car design. The T-bar holds deep roots. Also I have noticed on linked cars, the farther the links are from the center, the more restrictive the sway. Could be a good or bad thing to restrict sway.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
GTBMX.pdf (294.1 KB, 181 views)
Old 10-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Brushless is allready getting smaller when Tekin gets the R1 released.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trailranger
Here was my concept of an LIPO and BRUSHLESS ready car.
I think it's a neat drawing, but...

It will be balanced either with the NiMH or the LiPo...not both. The "offset battery" idea provides counterbalance to SOME electronics, etc., but the weight difference between NiMH and LiPo is substantial. The Darkside, where the batteries are run up the center, will not have its side-to-side balance affected by the change to LiPo. Your proposal will be significantly affected.

The bellcrank steering idea has been tried. As recently as last season Brian Bodine was testing just such an arrangement and abandoned it. You need SOME weight on the front wheels. That will (imho) become even more important on a car like the Darkside. It takes advantage of a forward weight bias shift by running the cells fore-and-aft. Cut the weight of those cells by 2/3 (or whatever the number is) and you lose pretty much all of the advantage the car had designed into it.

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Brushless is allready getting smaller when Tekin gets the R1 released.
Talk about "vapor ware". How long have they been making like that bad boy would be out any day now? Novak or LRP would have been CRUCIFIED if they'd told tales like that.

Scottrik
Old 10-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

I made the drawing about three months ago and weighed out my GTB, SERVO, receiver and 4200 pack. I then drew the car to give approximate CG over the center line on the car. Yes LiPo will change the CG, but so will having an extra set of holes to mount the serno inward. I drew out a really sweet shock bracket but I have better idea now. To change the angle of the shock, have two or three holes on the batter holddown for the ballstud. Then for the top plate on the motor pod, have three holes in row to slide the plate forward or backward.

Any good tips for racing asphalt? I open to any ideas
Old 10-14-2007, 11:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Talk about "vapor ware". How long have they been making like that bad boy would be out any day now? Novak or LRP would have been CRUCIFIED if they'd told tales like that.

Scottrik
LRP's Quantum 3 has been taking much longer then Tekin's R1...and that's not even brushless.

Personally I don't care how long it takes...BL has to get smaller before I'm willing to put one in my 1/12th.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:51 PM
Tech Champion

My Mx2 ran the best it ever has today! I've never had it handling this good. Making that battery bracket to fit the 3800's really did the trick. The only problem I had to day was I was way down on power compared to the other top cars on the track. I fell back to last due to a crash initially but worked my way back up to 3rd. On the 2nd to last lap I caught up and passed the 2nd place car taking second but then lost concentration on 1 corner and gave 2nd back up in the last lap. Best fun I had driving my car all season!
Old 10-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Come on Sox, stomp the Rockies.....
Old 10-25-2007, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guy's...Lovin the MX2.... I lost the screw that holds the left tire assembly onto the axle. Could you tell me what size this screw is.

Go Sox 13-1 SWEET!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Old 10-25-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mike you have the irs axle? If so i know the dynamite nitro engine backplate screws are the right thread, you just need to narrow the head a bit...Dave should have those in stock....i think its a weird size.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.