Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next" >

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Old 08-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Eric, sent you a email.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRW141
Eric, sent you a email.
Got it, I'll be back with you in a day or so with the information requested.

-E

Last edited by THE DARKSIDE; 08-09-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
Got it, I'll be back with you in a day or so with the information requested.

-E
Just wanted to make sure you got it. Thanks Eric.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

This really S*#%'S - Darkside was talking about letting me test some options for the Mx2 and we loose are carpet track!!!

Even worse, we had Mr. Darkside talked into running the (as he called it) Bus on Wednesday night. Even got a new day job closer to the track so he could run.

Looks like our only option will be a club track or call Omaha our home track.

Anyone who is part of club, let either E or myself know where you race what you charge how it works. ANY INFO!
Old 08-10-2007, 07:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Grenade10
This really S*#%'S - Darkside was talking about letting me test some options for the Mx2 and we loose are carpet track!!!

Even worse, we had Mr. Darkside talked into running the (as he called it) Bus on Wednesday night. Even got a new day job closer to the track so he could run.

Anyone who is part of club, let either E or myself know where you race what you charge how it works. ANY INFO!

Yep, sad news here in the mile high city
Old 08-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Eric, Just got my order! Man that came fast for 1st class mail. Lately a lot of my orders have been coming fast. Anyway the link jig didn't come with adjustment screws as the website says...do I just use a regular 4-40 screw? What procedure do you find works best to set the links?
Old 08-15-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Hey Eric, Just got my order! Man that came fast for 1st class mail. Lately a lot of my orders have been coming fast. Anyway the link jig didn't come with adjustment screws as the website says...do I just use a regular 4-40 screw? What procedure do you find works best to set the links?

Crap, I'll get some out to you. The jig uses stardard 4-40 screws that are about 5/8" - 3/4" long. I will usually build the link and attach one to the block and screw the link close to the proper length. At that point, I will attach the other link end and gradually tighten it down to the block while adjusting the overall length to the point were it is pretty close to the correct length.

-E
Old 08-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10

That DOES suck...thought they'd renewed their lease.

You COULD call Billings your home track

Our club rents the basement at the Shrine. We pay $100/day we reserve it which is FAR less than the going rate. We are allowed to keep our rolling rack (holds carpet, barriers, other stuff) there full time. A few times each year we take Saturday AND Sunday which allows us to get some test time in. A few of us will go for dinner Sat evening, come back and "play" until the wee hours of the morning.

We charge $10 for the first class entered and $5 for additional classes. My opinion is we SHOULD be charging $15/10/5, but that's just me.

We pay $950 for the weekend for the auditorium where we hold the 2-day. We are allowed to "move in" Thursday evening (was very nice, allowed the carpet to "relax" over night before we taped it down). Again, this is about half the "going rate" for the facility.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
Crap, I'll get some out to you. The jig uses stardard 4-40 screws that are about 5/8" - 3/4" long. I will usually build the link and attach one to the block and screw the link close to the proper length. At that point, I will attach the other link end and gradually tighten it down to the block while adjusting the overall length to the point were it is pretty close to the correct length.

-E
Do you find it better to have the 2-56 screws loose or tight when adjusting? Once both ends are in you tighten it until when? Until it's it's tight?
Old 08-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SRW141
Just wanted to make sure you got it. Thanks Eric.
Back at you....

-E
Old 08-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Do you find it better to have the 2-56 screws loose or tight when adjusting? Once both ends are in you tighten it until when? Until it's it's tight?
Keep them semi loose until you get close to the proper length.

-E
Old 08-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Scott, I bet that Billings is close to the nearest carpet track we've got right now.

-E
Old 08-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Darkside Motorsports is proud to announce that we are now a dealer for Serpent Racing Cars. We will be carrying a complete line of parts for the Serpent Electric S400 Electric Sedan cars. We will also be able to get anything for Serpent\'s Championship willing gas cars as well. We look forward to supporting Serpent USA in the Rocky Mountain Region.

Darkside Motorsports
Still What's Next.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:56 AM
Tech Champion

I will be racing the Mx2 at our Roar Region 2 Paved Regionals this weekend. At 301 Raceway. Can't wait. This is an awesome track surface.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

I ran the Mx2 in the FW Sizzler last weekend in Tacoma, WA. My very first experience with 1/12 on asphalt. 1st-3rd were all taken by Slapmaster cars including a dominant 1st by the Slapmaster himself, Brian Bodine.

I placed 1st in the non-Slapmaster class, 4th overall. 13 cars entered in 19T. It turns out I was undergeared all weekend...a common thread for me as I'm always afraid to "heat 'em up". Plus the batteries were very close to "done" on the discharger where I'd been at. For the A3 I thought I had 4th wrapped up so I figured "what the heck" and went up 2 teeth on the pinion. HOLY COW!! I had to back WAY out of the throttle on the straight the first 3 laps to keep from running the lead 2 cars over (Brian had done "2 and out" on us). Then I dorked it and never saw them again. My lap times were the same or better than theirs, half second (on an 18-19 second lap track) better than I had been running and the batteries STILL made time. Turned out I had a second place car being operated by a sixth place driver so it all averaged out.

Had fun. LOT'S of folks over looking at the chassis.

Scottrik

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.