R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 05-04-2006, 08:31 AM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I just wanted to get on this thread and introduce my self. My name is Dustin Richards and I race for RC Professor in Columbus OH and accross the nation. I am very greatfull for all the help and support that Duane and Brian have given me.

If you have any questions regaurding off-road racing with RC Professor I am open to help with any questions/comments.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:10 AM   #32

I drive T4 stock truck and some questions regarding your tuned version Atlas stock aka KOS:

- will you be restocking those motors?
- if I'm considering get one or two of the stocker, how do I gear for a small track with 87t spur gear?
Scuad X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:19 AM   #33
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuad X
I drive T4 stock truck and some questions regarding your tuned version Atlas stock aka KOS:

- if I'm considering get one or two of the stocker, how do I gear for a small track with 87t spur gear?
I know RC Proff. is working through the situation with the Atals motors. They can speak to the availibilitiy better than I can.

However to gear a stocker I would start at 19t 48 pitch in a T4. I have recently run this at my local track with my T4 and it worked well with the CO2 in my conditions. Depneding on the conditions I might even go 20. I was running on a track like 100 by 40 I think. Start with a 19 run it 6 mins and see how it is. If you can hold motor right at end of run for more than 3 seconds or so you can prob gear up to 20.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:12 AM   #34
Tech Initiate

Quote:

The Atlas stock motor can is being redesigned to meet ROAR specs.
Thats is what I understand. I don't know of any other motor tuners that have any of these motors in stock or I would forward you to them. Keep an eye on this thread or our web site. I will relay any information we get when this motor will once again be on the market. Thanks for your questions.

Dustin Thanks for all your help in testing. Dustin is a great guy and even a better racer. Dustin will put more cycles on a pack at the track in one week than most of us will in a month or two.
DCARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:21 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinR
I know RC Proff. is working through the situation with the Atals motors. They can speak to the availibilitiy better than I can.

However to gear a stocker I would start at 19t 48 pitch in a T4. I have recently run this at my local track with my T4 and it worked well with the CO2 in my conditions. Depneding on the conditions I might even go 20. I was running on a track like 100 by 40 I think. Start with a 19 run it 6 mins and see how it is. If you can hold motor right at end of run for more than 3 seconds or so you can prob gear up to 20.

Hope this helps.

Will the gearing also count for the KOS?
Old 05-07-2006, 02:43 PM   #36
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Will the gearing also count for the KOS?
Scuad X,

I think Dustin was referring to the CO27 stock in his post. Testing here locally with the CO27 and Atlas stocks in off-road has shown that both motors seem to like to be geared extremely similar. So, I would go with Dustin's advice and start with a 19 tooth pinion for both the CO27 and Atlas motors.

Brian
RC Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 02:51 PM   #37

Thanks prof.

And please let me know the progress of Atlas stock availability. Who knows I may purchase your tuned version.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:18 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Send a message via AIM to xrayaustin

Hey guys will you be stocking IB 4300's , I know your doing IP's but i'm going to the IIC race and 4300's are legal.

2010 cleveland indoor champs and 2011 snowbird nationals 17.5 stock A main winner
xrayaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:23 PM   #39
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayaustin
Hey guys will you be stocking IB 4300's , I know your doing IP's but i'm going to the IIC race and 4300's are legal.
Don't want to speak for the Prof. but....

What do you need 4300s for. The voltage and IR are no better in the latest batch of 4300s than the recent 3800s. So the only thing you gain is runtime. Do you realy need more runtime. With the 3800s I think you still can drop a 4x1 in a 1/12 geared to the moon and still have runtime left at the end of your 8 minutes. While I know more track time is cool, {especialy at big event} it is realy doing us no good. It is only putting our stuff to more abuse than it will ever be under in an 8 min. race.

Just my oppinion and I choose 1/12 as demonstration becouse in my experiance it is the most demanding on any cells. I know having the latest and greatest stuff is tempting but the way I see it is, 4300 cells just not very practical.

Another thing is that they still are not ROAR approved. I know you say that at some races they are legual but ROAR is still the big rooster in the hen house. Many people still need batteries that are ROAR capible. Who wants or can afford to have ROAR and non ROAR batteries.

As soon as ROAR makes 4300s legual I am sure I will be one of the fist ones to have them.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:19 AM   #40
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinR
Don't want to speak for the Prof. but....

What do you need 4300s for. The voltage and IR are no better in the latest batch of 4300s than the recent 3800s. So the only thing you gain is runtime. Do you realy need more runtime. With the 3800s I think you still can drop a 4x1 in a 1/12 geared to the moon and still have runtime left at the end of your 8 minutes. While I know more track time is cool, {especialy at big event} it is realy doing us no good. It is only putting our stuff to more abuse than it will ever be under in an 8 min. race.

Just my oppinion and I choose 1/12 as demonstration becouse in my experiance it is the most demanding on any cells. I know having the latest and greatest stuff is tempting but the way I see it is, 4300 cells just not very practical.

Another thing is that they still are not ROAR approved. I know you say that at some races they are legual but ROAR is still the big rooster in the hen house. Many people still need batteries that are ROAR capible. Who wants or can afford to have ROAR and non ROAR batteries.

As soon as ROAR makes 4300s legual I am sure I will be one of the fist ones to have them.

Hope this helps.
The race that I am going to use them at is not a ROAR race and they are legal and plus if they are going to stock them, why shouldnt I buy them if theyre froma sponsor at discount prices.

2010 cleveland indoor champs and 2011 snowbird nationals 17.5 stock A main winner
Old 05-15-2006, 03:04 PM   #41
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayaustin
Sorry Austin, but we don't have any intentions of matching any cell over 3800 until they become ROAR legal.
RC Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:47 PM   #42
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Professor
Sorry Austin, but we don't have any intentions of matching any cell over 3800 until they become ROAR legal.
Thats cool, all probably get some new packs before september and just get some 4300's from Joe at the track.

Old 05-23-2006, 05:34 AM   #43
Tech Initiate

Congratulations go out to Luis Vega one of our Florida team drivers for his fine showing in the A mains in 19T and stock. Luis races in the Florida on-road state series where the competition is very competitive. Luis was supporting RCprofessor cells and motors in both classes. Thanks Luis!
Old 05-24-2006, 09:12 AM   #44
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCARD
Congratulations go out to Luis Vega one of our Florida team drivers for his fine showing in the A mains in 19T and stock. Luis races in the Florida on-road state series where the competition is very competitive. Luis was supporting RCprofessor cells and motors in both classes. Thanks Luis!
yeah Luis was very fast this weekend and i was fast too i finished 3rd in B but I missed A by 4 secsonds.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:48 AM   #45
Tech Initiate

Brian you have PM......

Call Me tonight