Like Tree48Likes

Ask Team Tekin

Old 05-03-2022, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
He did say MOST, not necessarily elite drivers such as yourself. Speaking as a non expert driver slowing the servo does make the car easier to drive especially when you have high speed servos and 7.4V BECs - just too touchy
I never said Iím an elite driver, far from it. I just mentioned the fact that I was under the impression that if the delay between input and output was smaller, the better. I may be wrong! And like I said, Iím not saying that slowing down a servo is wrong, I just need the rationale behind it.

Martin Paradis
Old 05-03-2022, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
take a look at the Motiv MC4. I really like the bottom to mid powerband and itís great on the top end as well.
Okay, it's in the list. Tekin Prez, do you have something in your lineup that can compete?
Old 05-10-2022, 01:37 PM
Team Tekin

Technically fast is good signal processing for sure, but my point is that most people drive better when the servo is not too fast and twitchy. All of the input and output is really the radio and receiver. Once receiver sends the signal to us there is no output from servo going back and we just do what the signal says.. Some drivers even turn down the radio signal rate to the slowest setting of 20ms to make it less touchy to wheel movements. The signal rate from the radios when on the fast settings is silly fast and honestly many products ignore most of them anyway. We do react to every radio signal. So it is really more of a feel issue and tuning.
Old 05-10-2022, 01:39 PM
Team Tekin

We have a new ultra strong rotor coming out for our SpecR motors that will increase the torque. Overall the SpecR motors are a higher kv design for flowing tracks and need to be geared a little lower than most other motors. For a short high grip track with tight layout I hate to admit it may not be the best choice. We will see with the new rotors.
Old 05-10-2022, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez View Post
Technically fast is good signal processing for sure, but my point is that most people drive better when the servo is not too fast and twitchy. All of the input and output is really the radio and receiver. Once receiver sends the signal to us there is no output from servo going back and we just do what the signal says.. Some drivers even turn down the radio signal rate to the slowest setting of 20ms to make it less touchy to wheel movements. The signal rate from the radios when on the fast settings is silly fast and honestly many products ignore most of them anyway. We do react to every radio signal. So it is really more of a feel issue and tuning.
I understand what youíre saying. It makes sense when explained this way.

Martin Paradis
Old 06-08-2022, 06:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Will the Hotwire 3.0 work with a fxr esc?
Old 06-08-2022, 03:55 PM
Team Tekin

Yes. Any hotwire we have ever made works with any esc we have ever made after the G11 units. You will need the adaptor that comes with the Hotwire 3.0 to connect to the RX plug of the FXR. HW3 has the smaller plug for the program port on all the newer esc's.
Old 06-08-2022, 04:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Thanks!
Old 06-08-2022, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez View Post
Yes. Any hotwire we have ever made works with any esc we have ever made after the G11 units. You will need the adaptor that comes with the Hotwire 3.0 to connect to the RX plug of the FXR. HW3 has the smaller plug for the program port on all the newer esc's.
Speaking of hotwire, does version 1 of the hotwire work with Android 12?
Old 06-29-2022, 06:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RX8 GEN3 issue

Howdy, I recently got an RX8 GEN3 and installed it in an EB48 2.0 with a Futaba 4PM radio system. The ESC and motor are lagging or cogging. It won't accelerate from a stop. It says there for a second or two, then accelerates hard or it doesn't move at all. I reset my transmitter and did a factory reset on the ESC, then recalibrated the ESC. It still does the same thing. Any tips on how to get it to work? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Fix

I replaced the sensor cable and I think that fixed it. Stay tuned
Old 07-10-2022, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

Hello, I damaged my T8 Gen1 4030 rotor (1400kv, 6S setup) a few years ago just before stopping the hobby. I'd like to repair it now that I'm back. Is this the correct replacement part ? TT2371. Should I check for something special inside the motor? Everything seems fine but I want to make sure the replacement rotor won't blow up. Is there a certain longitudinal play to look for when rebuilding the motor? Do you have the size of the spacers which are needed eventually? Many thanks.

P.S: This specific motor did 3x endurance races (10 hours, 10h, 12h) plus other races and trainings so I can't blame it. Tekin products have been the most reliable for me so far.

Last edited by Pulse_; 07-10-2022 at 10:08 AM.