Like Tree77Likes

Ask Team Tekin

Old 12-24-2021, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

New motor also?
Any bridging on your solder joints at the ESC or motor will throw that code, time to unsolder one end and bust out the multimeter to figure out which end has the issue.
Old 12-24-2021, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
New motor also?
Any bridging on your solder joints at the ESC or motor will throw that code, time to unsolder one end and bust out the multimeter to figure out which end has the issue.
nope, motor worked fine on other esc and i switched to another motor same issue on tekin. I will double check for bridging . How would i use a voltmeter??
thanks for your suggestions
i will call tekin next week
idbdoug
Old 12-24-2021, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by idbdoug
nope, motor worked fine on other esc and i switched to another motor same issue on tekin. I will double check for bridging . How would i use a voltmeter??
thanks for your suggestions
i will call tekin next week
idbdoug
I'd check (battery disconnected) resistance between each phase, as well as each phase to ground and battey positive. If one pair of readings is drastically different from the others, it will help narrow things down.
Old 01-17-2022, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My Hotwire 2.0 works when it feels like it. I ran the hotwire with my Tekin 1S in seven 1/12th scale 17.5 carpet runs this past weekend and it recorded only about a minute of data in five of the runs - basically turning the car on and the warm up lap, In the two runs that did capture data, it recorded only 15 to 20 laps of two runs. I started each session with the data logs empty after downloading them at the end of each run.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is the Hotwire just glitch? I am running it to capture every 0.1 seconds, so am I reaching max storage in the two partially successful runs?

I had so much hope in the telemetry features - it is why I bought Tekin speed controls - I have four of them now. But I have been really disappointed in the telemetry functionality and the data that it provides. This data could be so useful if it worked Plus, if other data inputs could have been captured (like time, amps) and if the data review program allowed for you to identify lap segments, this could be such a useful tool.

Has anyone been able to successfully use the hotwire in race sessions?
Old 01-18-2022, 02:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi,

I'm running a RSX in 1/10 off road and have used the data record with great success.

Did you have the hotwire plugged in when you were running?

If I'm looking to record the data from a run, my process is as follows.
(Note I have remote data erase turned on.)

Power up the car check all is working. Hold full brake. Speedo chimes, to note date erase.
Run the car for the time required.
Switch off.
Back to pit plug in hotwire, either by phone or laptop download / view data.
If using a phone, you'll only be able to see the run in 1 minute chunks.
On a laptop you'll be able to see the hole run.

Hope this helps.

MiCk B. :-)
Old 01-18-2022, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MiCk B
Hi,

Did you have the hotwire plugged in when you were running?

Yes... it's plugged in and even bench tested before each run, then data cleared. I'm not that much of a rookie to miss plugging it in.

But helpful thought on having remote erase set up. Right now, I have a minute or two of warm up lap data and sitting on the grid waiting for my turn to go. I could hold the brake at the start line just as they get ready to call the first car. Thanks for the tip.

Still wonder why it works some runs and not others. Acts the same on multiple Tekin 1s speed controls. Maybe I have a bad Hotwire? If others are able to use it consistently, the it might be worth picking up another one.
Old 01-18-2022, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

I mis-spoke... I am using a Hotwire 3.0.
Old 01-19-2022, 02:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi,

Sounds strange, hopefully someone from Tekin will be along soon.

But if the speedo is switched on for a long time before the run, then the storage could be getting full.

I know for me if I'm recording a practice run, I'll remote clear the memory before I start. As I could have switched the speedo on in the pits, got distracted, then went out to practice.
Most of the data recording would then just be the speedo in a waiting to run state.

MC Hamilton likes this.
Old 01-24-2022, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone around from Tekin who can answer my questions above about Hotwire 3.0 working about 1/4 of the time?
Old 01-25-2022, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Any feedback on 25.5 Gen4 Spec R in VTA ? Is it competitive with the latest Trinity , Motiv, and R1Wurks 25.5ís?
thanks
idbdoug
Old 01-28-2022, 02:13 PM
Team Tekin

If you are setting the data log sample rate to .1 sec the amount of data it can hold is cut in half. When set at .2 sec it holds about 5 or 6 minutes with all logs on, so at .1sec it is only 3min or so. You can turn off a few logs to get more data or increase the sample rate back to .2sec.

Originally Posted by MC Hamilton
My Hotwire 2.0 works when it feels like it. I ran the hotwire with my Tekin 1S in seven 1/12th scale 17.5 carpet runs this past weekend and it recorded only about a minute of data in five of the runs - basically turning the car on and the warm up lap, In the two runs that did capture data, it recorded only 15 to 20 laps of two runs. I started each session with the data logs empty after downloading them at the end of each run.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is the Hotwire just glitch? I am running it to capture every 0.1 seconds, so am I reaching max storage in the two partially successful runs?

I had so much hope in the telemetry features - it is why I bought Tekin speed controls - I have four of them now. But I have been really disappointed in the telemetry functionality and the data that it provides. This data could be so useful if it worked Plus, if other data inputs could have been captured (like time, amps) and if the data review program allowed for you to identify lap segments, this could be such a useful tool.

Has anyone been able to successfully use the hotwire in race sessions?
Old 02-02-2022, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
If you are setting the data log sample rate to .1 sec the amount of data it can hold is cut in half. When set at .2 sec it holds about 5 or 6 minutes with all logs on, so at .1sec it is only 3min or so. You can turn off a few logs to get more data or increase the sample rate back to .2sec.
That's helpful. But why does it capture no data at all in 3/4 of the runs? Do I potentially have a faulty one?
Old 02-10-2022, 11:57 AM
Team Tekin

If it is working right I do not think it is damaged, but this is odd to not capture data every run. I would start by reinstalling the software in the esc and leave it all on defaults. Then you can change things and perhaps note when it stops recording. If we can recreate it here we can figure it out and perhaps you found a bug caused by a specific combination of settings.
Old 02-23-2022, 05:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What speedo settings are guys running in sedan using 17.5/21.5?

Old 02-24-2022, 07:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by STLNLST
What speedo settings are guys running in sedan using 17.5/21.5?
Do you have any specific settings in mind, or just in general? Most settings are track layout, surface and motor specific to me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.