Like Tree71Likes

Ask Team Tekin

Old 10-29-2019, 06:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Marcos.J

i was stating that his set up was a good starting point and after minor changes and judging from the lap times and motor performance , it turned out pretty good. the esc is super easy to set up from those settings for 17.5 TC. took me about 2 packs to get it sorted out. there’s always the hobbywing just stock esc .

You have completely missed the point of the original question.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Tekin Prez:
I think people would like to see videos more related to on-road racing as well. The videos of the speedo settings always seem to lean to off-road or crawling. Which is great, I can usually gain some knowledge from them.
Marcos.J, dawgmeat, RacinJ and 4 others like this.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KE4PJO
Tekin Prez:
I think people would like to see videos more related to on-road racing as well. The videos of the speedo settings always seem to lean to off-road or crawling. Which is great, I can usually gain some knowledge from them.
In response to this request, I have posted topics on my Facebook page @rcracingguide.
I plan to post more in the future..
Old 11-29-2019, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Rs gen 3

So what are the actual differences between the gen 2 &.3 in both the standard & the spec versions?
Old 12-02-2019, 10:24 AM
Team Tekin

Better components and software. We are always making improvements...
Old 12-02-2019, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I asked this in the electronics forum under an ESC specific thread, but hasn't been answered.
Is it possible to add amp draw to the data logging? Not sure if this requires any extra hardware than what is there with the speedo, or if it is just a programming thing.

Second,
I know apple can be difficult, but can we please get the data logging to work on the ios app? It is annoying to have to take an android device to the track to see data logs when I have a $1000 Iphone. And I get it, like I said, apple can be quite annoying. I only switched because the apple watch can integrate with my golf app and show yardages to the green.

Third,
How does the new RS Spec compare to the RS Pro BE? I didn't see on board resistance numbers in the description like it is on the BE. Just curious if you will really see a performance difference if the hottest motor you run is a 21.5 (onroad).
Old 12-02-2019, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trilerian
I asked this in the electronics forum under an ESC specific thread, but hasn't been answered.
Is it possible to add amp draw to the data logging? Not sure if this requires any extra hardware than what is there with the speedo, or if it is just a programming thing.

Second,
I know apple can be difficult, but can we please get the data logging to work on the ios app? It is annoying to have to take an android device to the track to see data logs when I have a $1000 Iphone. And I get it, like I said, apple can be quite annoying. I only switched because the apple watch can integrate with my golf app and show yardages to the green.

Third,
How does the new RS Spec compare to the RS Pro BE? I didn't see on board resistance numbers in the description like it is on the BE. Just curious if you will really see a performance difference if the hottest motor you run is a 21.5 (onroad).
i run the RS Pro Black ad for Spec racing i think is by far the best ESC out there
Old 01-08-2020, 04:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

"We are currently performing some scheduled maintenance.
We will be back as soon as possible. Please check back soon."

Come on, I need to place an order...
Old 01-09-2020, 09:15 AM
Team Tekin

Should be back online start of next week. We are doing final setup and testing now.
KE4PJO and Buckland like this.
Old 01-12-2020, 02:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
Your throttle profile is corrupted. I am guessing if you connect the Hotwire and go look at the throttle profile you will see a big weird sidways S and the throttle is following that curve.

There are 2 easy ways to fix it.
1. Change the throttle profile to any other setting, 1,2 4,5 and apply. Then change it back to Throttle profile 3(linear) and apply. This can be done on PC, Android, or IOS
2 . Update the software on a PC. This also will reinstall the correct throttle profile.

I am curious what you were doing when this happened, because it is very rare and really should not be able to happen. I assume it was driving fine and the next time you turned it on it started driving like this, or you made some change to a setting with the buttons or connected to the Hotwire.
I had this issue twice with my rsx pro. Happened after checking and clearing data. changing the throttle profile did fix it. Thanks Ray @ tekin. The hotwire may not have had the latest update.ive since updated my pc and hotwire. My question is, is there a way to reset without hotwire. There is no throttle profile in quick tune
Old 01-16-2020, 01:14 PM
Team Tekin

We have indentified the issue and working on a solution currently. We should have a new Android App available soon.

We have never heard of this happening with a PC or using buttons. It only happens with Android and BLE connections. Android and Apple keep us hoping sometimes to keep up with their updates....
Old 01-16-2020, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Hi,

Just wondering if the ability to adjust throttle profiles will be made available via IOS or android app anytime soon (I am using RS Pro BE and Hotwire 3.0 with IOS)?

Thanks in advance.

Leonard.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:47 AM
Team Tekin

Funny you should ask that. We are beta testing a new Android version that allows you to adjust the preset throttle profiles, but not make the custom ones like the PC does. We will be adding it to IOS also the next update.
Old 01-18-2020, 11:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
Funny you should ask that. We are beta testing a new Android version that allows you to adjust the preset throttle profiles, but not make the custom ones like the PC does. We will be adding it to IOS also the next update.
Great minds think alike!

Will keep an eye out for the IOS update. TIA, Leonard.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:24 PM
Team Tekin

The Android Beta test version is available to the public in the Play store if you choose to join the test group.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.