Like Tree71Likes

Ask Team Tekin

Old 10-23-2019, 06:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Friulimotosport
What would cause the esc to go into full speed just off of neutral then would work fine if you moved the trigger a bit more?
This is on a Pro 2S
try calibration
Old 10-23-2019, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by KE4PJO
I have a question for all the Tekin drivers, both on-road and off-road. Why are there not more setups posted on the Tekin website??

Still nothing?
Old 10-23-2019, 11:21 AM
Team Tekin

What would cause the esc to go into full speed just off of neutral then would work fine if you moved the trigger a bit more?
This is on a Pro 2S
Your throttle profile is corrupted. I am guessing if you connect the Hotwire and go look at the throttle profile you will see a big weird sidways S and the throttle is following that curve.

There are 2 easy ways to fix it.
1. Change the throttle profile to any other setting, 1,2 4,5 and apply. Then change it back to Throttle profile 3(linear) and apply. This can be done on PC, Android, or IOS
2 . Update the software on a PC. This also will reinstall the correct throttle profile.

I am curious what you were doing when this happened, because it is very rare and really should not be able to happen. I assume it was driving fine and the next time you turned it on it started driving like this, or you made some change to a setting with the buttons or connected to the Hotwire.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:23 AM
Team Tekin

Still nothing?
We will be adding new setups to the website shortly. We are currently gathering them from our drivers now that they have had some time to get dialed with the new version 276 software. In most cases the general setting are good for any older version like 258 also other than any missing settings that 258 does not have like active brake.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
Your throttle profile is corrupted. I am guessing if you connect the Hotwire and go look at the throttle profile you will see a big weird sidways S and the throttle is following that curve.

There are 2 easy ways to fix it.
1. Change the throttle profile to any other setting, 1,2 4,5 and apply. Then change it back to Throttle profile 3(linear) and apply. This can be done on PC, Android, or IOS
2 . Update the software on a PC. This also will reinstall the correct throttle profile.

I am curious what you were doing when this happened, because it is very rare and really should not be able to happen. I assume it was driving fine and the next time you turned it on it started driving like this, or you made some change to a setting with the buttons or connected to the Hotwire.
So when I connected it to my PC it did have a weird throttle curve. I did also noticed when using the wifi with the phone that the setting would change if I touched the screen at any point other then what I was adjusting. It seems to happen when I'm adjust some settings and then go back on the track. I'm stumped.
Old 10-25-2019, 10:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
We will be adding new setups to the website shortly. We are currently gathering them from our drivers now that they have had some time to get dialed with the new version 276 software. In most cases the general setting are good for any older version like 258 also other than any missing settings that 258 does not have like active brake.
I originally asked this question back in Feb.2019. I was hoping we could get some on-road set-ups...
Old 10-25-2019, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

I originally asked this question back in Feb.2019. I was hoping we could get some on-road set-ups...
this will get you in the ball park
https://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/es..._RandyPike.pdf
Old 10-25-2019, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Not even close...
Old 10-26-2019, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

Not even close...
weird I started with that one and itís almost perfect
Old 10-26-2019, 05:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

weird I started with that one and itís almost perfect
Uh, I'm not you? Maybe I'd like to see more that one drivers "baseline" setup?
Old 10-28-2019, 11:42 AM
Team Tekin

So when I connected it to my PC it did have a weird throttle curve. I did also noticed when using the wifi with the phone that the setting would change if I touched the screen at any point other then what I was adjusting. It seems to happen when I'm adjust some settings and then go back on the track. I'm stumped.
Touching the phone sounds like a screen sensitivity issue. However that still should not allow it to mess up the throttle profile if it is just adjusting other values. There should be nothing you can do to mess up the throttle unless something happens during the communication when applying settings. We have to install the entire throttle profile everytime you change any setting and hit apply so seems likely that is where the problem is happening. It is a fair amount of data that takes a little bit of time to transfer.

It is not a known bug we hear about so not sure what we can do to fix it in your case. Perhaps for now to be safe always plug back into esc after making any changes and check the throttle profile. As long as you do not hit apply it will not make any changes and you should be good to go. When that throttle profile is messed up it can be extremely goofy to drive... Not a good time to figure out it has happened right before a race.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:00 PM
Team Tekin

Us to and hoping some of them will step up and send more ofthem to us. They have been asked....
KE4PJO likes this.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

well that was Randy Pikes set up so i think its a good start considering who he is , but Randy isnt you either
Old 10-28-2019, 08:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

well that was Randy Pikes set up so i think its a good start considering who he is , but Randy isnt you either

At the risk of getting put in RCtech "jail". Understand this, I would not have asked the question if I hadn't already searched the Tekin website. I'm well aware of who Randy is and his skill level, but, he isn't the only racer that uses Tekin products. So, how about you just let it go? OK?
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

At the risk of getting put in RCtech "jail". Understand this, I would not have asked the question if I hadn't already searched the Tekin website. I'm well aware of who Randy is and his skill level, but, he isn't the only racer that uses Tekin products. So, how about you just let it go? OK?
i was stating that his set up was a good starting point and after minor changes and judging from the lap times and motor performance , it turned out pretty good. the esc is super easy to set up from those settings for 17.5 TC. took me about 2 packs to get it sorted out. thereís always the hobbywing just stock esc .

Last edited by Marcos.J; 10-29-2019 at 05:42 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.