Like Tree21Likes

Ask Team Tekin

Old 02-01-2019, 10:21 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trilerian View Post
I posted this in the RS Pro thread, but maybe I will get an answer here.

Hello, I am using the 1st gen hotwire with my rspro black esc. The hotwire works fine for programming the esc, and for viewing the data logs on my phone, which is great. But, is there an option to download the data logs to my phone? I know there is an option to download the logs when using my pc, but I don't take my laptop to the track, already too much to carry. And with the memory in the esc being so small, I get very limited data to analyze. Also, there seems to be 8 runs stored on my esc that I can't delete. I erase the logs, but those still remain.
I am not aware of a way to download the logs to a phone. Did you wipe the logs from the esc or the app?
Old 02-11-2019, 11:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
Saw on the new R1 ESC you can change from A-B-C to C-B-A. Is this something that could be added in a future firmware update? Would make wiring up my A800X MMCX-A a little bit neater...
Interesting idea. Do you have to switch the wire layout in the program or if the ESC learn it? I guess I could be learned by the esc during the calibration process the same way a flight board learn the motor rotation direction by turning them manually during a drone configuration. It would make the whole process quite simple for the end user.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:44 AM
Tech Addict

I have a question for all the Tekin drivers, both on-road and off-road. Why are there not more setups posted on the Tekin website??
Old 02-14-2019, 02:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Team Tekin...I currently have a Rustler 4x4 VXL, and will be installing a recently-purchased RX8 Gene ESC, and Pro4 Gen3 3300Kv motor. Additionally, I have the Hotwire 3.0. The Rusty won't be used for insane jumps, craving into things, etc...it will be used primarily on a track (indoors), with occasional outdoor use...maybe even some same. That being said, I've got two "project" vehicles on the front-burner, plus I just ordered a buggy kit, all of which will need electronics.

For what should be obvious reasons, I'd prefer to stick with a single brand. I know plenty of people use Castle & Hobbywing (especially racers, of which these three other vehicles will be used for), but I'm still considering Tekin first. The question (actually, "questions", as the same question will apply to each of the three vehicles) is, which ESC, & which motor, goes best with each vehicle. As for what the vehicles are, the first two are "complicated", but the third is "definite".

Regarding the first two, I will be using Traxxas 4x4 LCG chassis - one from a Slash 4x4, the other from a Rustler 4x4. One will be converted into a 1/8 4x4 buggy, while the other will be a short-course truck, both intended for racing (primarily indoor dirt/clay track). My preference is to try using the shorter Rustler chassis for the buggy, to which the Slash chassis would remain a SC truck. However, if my buggy body won't fit the shorter Rustler chassis, them the buggy will be based on the Slash chassis, and the SC truck (albeit, a shortened truck) will be based on the Rustler chassis. It's 6 of one, and a 1/2 dozen of the other, as to which way things will work out. As for the third vehicle, that will be the just-released TLR 8ight-XE buggy.

So, in regards to ESCs, as well as motors, for each vehicle... What are your best-recommended combos?
Old 02-21-2019, 02:36 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KE4PJO View Post
I have a question for all the Tekin drivers, both on-road and off-road. Why are there not more setups posted on the Tekin website??
We've been updating the site over the past 30 days or so. If you need or would like a specific setup, let me know and I will post them.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:37 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Team Tekin...I currently have a Rustler 4x4 VXL, and will be installing a recently-purchased RX8 Gene ESC, and Pro4 Gen3 3300Kv motor. Additionally, I have the Hotwire 3.0. The Rusty won't be used for insane jumps, craving into things, etc...it will be used primarily on a track (indoors), with occasional outdoor use...maybe even some same. That being said, I've got two "project" vehicles on the front-burner, plus I just ordered a buggy kit, all of which will need electronics.

For what should be obvious reasons, I'd prefer to stick with a single brand. I know plenty of people use Castle & Hobbywing (especially racers, of which these three other vehicles will be used for), but I'm still considering Tekin first. The question (actually, "questions", as the same question will apply to each of the three vehicles) is, which ESC, & which motor, goes best with each vehicle. As for what the vehicles are, the first two are "complicated", but the third is "definite".

Regarding the first two, I will be using Traxxas 4x4 LCG chassis - one from a Slash 4x4, the other from a Rustler 4x4. One will be converted into a 1/8 4x4 buggy, while the other will be a short-course truck, both intended for racing (primarily indoor dirt/clay track). My preference is to try using the shorter Rustler chassis for the buggy, to which the Slash chassis would remain a SC truck. However, if my buggy body won't fit the shorter Rustler chassis, them the buggy will be based on the Slash chassis, and the SC truck (albeit, a shortened truck) will be based on the Rustler chassis. It's 6 of one, and a 1/2 dozen of the other, as to which way things will work out. As for the third vehicle, that will be the just-released TLR 8ight-XE buggy.

So, in regards to ESCs, as well as motors, for each vehicle... What are your best-recommended combos?
Anything on a 4wd SC platform should be an Rx8 or Rx4, Pro4 or Pro4 HD series of motors.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Anything on a 4wd SC platform should be an Rx8 or Rx4, Pro4 or Pro4 HD series of motors.
Unfortunately, that didn't answer my question, as I was asking about not only three different vehicles, but three different types of vehicles - a 1/8 buggy (TLR 8ight-XE), a 1/10 SC truck chassis (LCG Slash 4x4) that's been converted into a 1/8 buggy, and a 1/10 stadium truck chassis (LCG Rustler 4x4) that's been converted into a SC truck. While the first two are similar, they're not the same, as one has a heavier metal chassis, and the other has a much lighter plastic chassis.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Unfortunately, that didn't answer my question, as I was asking about not only three different vehicles, but three different types of vehicles - a 1/8 buggy (TLR 8ight-XE), a 1/10 SC truck chassis (LCG Slash 4x4) that's been converted into a 1/8 buggy, and a 1/10 stadium truck chassis (LCG Rustler 4x4) that's been converted into a SC truck. While the first two are similar, they're not the same, as one has a heavier metal chassis, and the other has a much lighter plastic chassis.
I think Randy did answer your question. He knows his rc car line.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by freebird View Post
I think Randy did answer your question. He knows his rc car line.
I'm sure he knows his "RC car line", but, at the same time, just using the ESCs as examples, a person wouldn't put an RX8 & RX4 into the same vehicles, any more than they'd put a Pro4 & Pro4 HD into the same vehicle. Except ESC, and each motor, has specific vehicle types they ffi best into. Would you put a Ford 351 V8 engine in a Ford Pinto? Of course not. Even though it could fit, that engine would be completely wrong for that car.

No worries, though, as I'm now looking into other options (although, NOT Castle).
Old 02-23-2019, 03:05 AM
Tech Addict

Would you put a Ford 351 V8 engine in a Ford Pinto?
No worries, though, as I'm now looking into other options (although, NOT Castle).
Sure, I've known several guy's that have done that...
Old 02-23-2019, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Spec R 17.5 in a b6.1. Gearing and timing recommendations?
Old 02-23-2019, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
We've been updating the site over the past 30 days or so. If you need or would like a specific setup, let me know and I will post them.
OK..How about some hotwire settings for TC. 17.5 or 13.5 blinky? Or even some settings for the guys that run the CanAm series motors, I know they're out there.
astgerma52sp likes this.
Old 02-24-2019, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KE4PJO View Post
OK..How about some hotwire settings for TC. 17.5 or 13.5 blinky? Or even some settings for the guys that run the CanAm series motors, I know they're out there.
F1 25.5 on high and low grip surfaces too.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Tekin Spec R 17.5 carpet buggy B6.1. Any recommendations for gearing and timing starting points?
Old 02-24-2019, 06:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Team Tekin, Left 1/8 nitro some years ago but my grandchildren want to try racing. I purchased a new Losi scte 1.0 very cheap but, I am new to the electric game so I need info on a motor,esc, and the rest. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service