Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree72Likes

Ask Team Tekin

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Another important aspect of push control is rear diff setup to induce corner rotation right after you let off the brakes and go back to neutral. It might be difficult to keep changing rear diff oil versus tightening my tc4 ball diff, but I got seriously faster corner speed after getting that induced rotation in neutral: I only used quick brakes very early and relatively far from the corner and I found myself accelerating very early through the corners. Lots more speed after that and no jerkiness, although my rear 0.5* toe in did help the car rotate quicker....
Old 12-01-2018, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Another important aspect of push control is rear diff setup to induce corner rotation right after you let off the brakes and go back to neutral. It might be difficult to keep changing rear diff oil versus tightening my tc4 ball diff, but I got seriously faster corner speed after getting that induced rotation in neutral: I only used quick brakes very early and relatively far from the corner and I found myself accelerating very early through the corners. Lots more speed after that and no jerkiness, although my rear 0.5* toe in did help the car rotate quicker....
I have a ball diff that I have been thinking of running again in my car and some guys ask why, and I said because I can torque it with my utica TS-100. This is sort of like a clutch on a power drill, but I can "fine tune" the tightness settings much more. Meaning once I find the reference point of how tight a ball diff needs to be for certain track condition, then I can repeat the settings after a rebuild, and I don't have to go thru the torque / test process to make sure its ready to go. In years past, I would ask other drivers and they would say well you have to set it by feel. Oh my goodness, I could never get it right. This is where gear diffs have helped because you have a reference point. The problem now, is that I find a gear diff changes too much during a run, because of temperature, you have to have multiple diffs ready to go in advance, and if you don't, then you have to bleed it, clean it, and hope that it doesn't leak after a rebuild. The gear diff tester is a nice to have tool now, but its not the only thing that can be used to test settings. This is why I think ball diff still has its place in racing..

If one over torque's a ball diff, the balls wear out faster. But I think if one would use consistent torque settings, the diff balls could last just as long.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

Attached is the CSV from my last race, categorizing by throttle input, which reveals some interesting results.
It is becoming easier to see where most time is being spent on the track.
and RPM's I believe are higher overall, influenced by push control, value set at #2.

One thing I noticed that my lap times on average where up to 2 tenths faster. Based on what we were discussing (creep/push control), the setting had a positive influence on the results. I am going to continue testing with this to find the limit of how much is good for me to use. So far, so good.
As for comparing this CSV to the previous week, I didn't have throttle input set to record on the previous file as I disabled it. Setting data remote to "on" allows me to reset the data logger after a few practice laps, while waiting for the race to start.

bertrandsv87 likes this.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:09 PM
Tech Champion

Great data logger. It will help reducing driving tendencies(braking/coasting) that might slow down performance: lots of acceleration&braking activity between 6931rpm and 10930rpm(infield maybe)... A slight reduction in braking inputs in this rpm range might mean that the car takes the infield more smoothly, reducing laptimes....Ideally you would want more than 80% accelerating, more than 11% full throttle, less than 0.5% neutral and less than 9% braking....

Last edited by bertrandsv87; 12-02-2018 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The RSX is out of stock basically everywhere. Saw someone asking in another thread about a RSX Pro? Any updates on that if it's even going to happen?
Old 12-30-2018, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default 1st Gen R1Pro - can it be updated with Hotwire 3.0?

I had a 1st gen R1Pro + 1st gen Hotwire (running the old software on Win7). Bought 'em when it initially came out. They all worked fine and does what it is suppose to do till I decided to download the Hotwire 3.0 software, installed it in Win7.

Hooked the R1Pro with the now updated 1st gen Hotwire running the 3.0 software, the update process went through till the 4th phase then failed. Tried it a couple of times still failed. Now the R1Pro does not arm and all 7 led's lit with a solid pale red color. What could be the problem? Any fix?
Old 01-03-2019, 02:29 AM
Tech Rookie

awesome motors.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by OverGeared
I had a 1st gen R1Pro + 1st gen Hotwire (running the old software on Win7). Bought 'em when it initially came out. They all worked fine and does what it is suppose to do till I decided to download the Hotwire 3.0 software, installed it in Win7.

Hooked the R1Pro with the now updated 1st gen Hotwire running the 3.0 software, the update process went through till the 4th phase then failed. Tried it a couple of times still failed. Now the R1Pro does not arm and all 7 led's lit with a solid pale red color. What could be the problem? Any fix?
it seems like your esc is a paper weight. A similar thing happened to a fellow racer where he did an update as you have done. It turned out that he had to contact Tekin support to get it resolved. He sent it in to tekin and they took care of the problem
OverGeared likes this.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I have the Spec R 17.5T . I'll be racing blinky touring car. What timing and gearing do you guys start with?
race track is this one.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does the original Hotwire 1.0 work with the newer ESCs such as the RS Pro Black Edition? I know I would need a male to male servo plug adapter to connect it to the data port.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikedoo3
Does the original Hotwire 1.0 work with the newer ESCs such as the RS Pro Black Edition? I know I would need a male to male servo plug adapter to connect it to the data port.
I think you should be able to update the Hotwire. I use a v2 Hotwire with a laptop just fine. I believe Phil G. uses a v1 Hotwire
Old 01-12-2019, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Default Motor Voltage Rating

I have a Tekin 2650Kv motor, will it be safe to run it in my ARRMA Outcast 1/8th monster truck on 6S?
Old 01-24-2019, 10:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default Hotwire help

I did a reset on the esc, hotwire app was downloaded just before. It binds successfully but it won't connect, say it's reading it than the the two options "ok" and "demo", click ok and it doesn't work. Also the app will just close.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Saw on the new R1 ESC you can change from A-B-C to C-B-A. Is this something that could be added in a future firmware update? Would make wiring up my A800X MMCX-A a little bit neater...
Old 02-01-2019, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I posted this in the RS Pro thread, but maybe I will get an answer here.

Hello, I am using the 1st gen hotwire with my rspro black esc. The hotwire works fine for programming the esc, and for viewing the data logs on my phone, which is great. But, is there an option to download the data logs to my phone? I know there is an option to download the logs when using my pc, but I don't take my laptop to the track, already too much to carry. And with the memory in the esc being so small, I get very limited data to analyze. Also, there seems to be 8 runs stored on my esc that I can't delete. I erase the logs, but those still remain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.