DURANGO 410..

Old 02-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default DURANGO 410..

Hey guys picked up and durango 410 from speedtech and just finished building
it and all i can say is wow.
now i know theres a durango thread elsewhere this is more for people viewing speedtech threads and dont want to jump into a nother forum so,just sharing what i can at this point,havent got to drive the car still finishing electronics.

first off the owners manual-yes i do use them on a new build lol,its full color pics,no wording and no need for wording,there is a couple spots i started to get confused but a quick break come back it all makes since lol..
now there has been 410 owners that expeirence leaking diffs and broken gears and there is the forum with the update that deff works and ive already done mine just incase.
so cliff note to diff prep,use kyosho i believe orange p05 orings and remove the black durango diff seals(will take 2 each diff,I also installed a shim into the bevel gear up against the gear istelf-I used a .1 in front and .2 in rear (Very thin but all u need)if i recall correctly..
Everthing else has been pretty basic so far.

anyways this is it for now..

Any questions i will try to help as much as i can,as i will post with more updates along the way,thanks for stopping in..
Old 02-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Ok guys got to run my durango410 at ocrc last week and it was alot of fun.
first thing i noticed is rear end of the car is alittle loose,front end is hooked up,has good forward bite,car drives very stable,shocks feel really good and i come from a kyosho background(kyosho shocks are great) and they are right there with them,feels good but im working on getting the rear alittle more hooked up,havent put any weight in the car yet so gonna add alittle to the rear once the durango weight balace comes in..

I didnt get aot of run time due to a short course spinning me out and a 1/8 scale running me over full speed on straight(broke rear arm is all)sounded worse than it was lol..(i dont have all my extra parts yet)

Anyways more coming soon..

Last edited by BISBEE 248; 02-21-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

I did find a cool little trick for install the rubber boots over the axles,the directions say to grease the ends and work them on which is kinda tricking u dont want to tear them..
What i did was turned the rubber boot inside out dab of grease on end of axle,slide boot over axle backwards then unfold-or turn backout..
Old 03-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys ill be testing my blue groove setup this week for the 410 so i willpost up the settup after..
Old 03-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

HEY guys got to race the 410 finally on a high bite blue groove tracl this past weekend and run the car through its paces..
the setup i have on the car seems really good..
I did run into sum problems im working on correcting,first the ball cups on front seem to pop off with the slightest touch of a pipe,gonna change out to something stronger and the pin in the drive shaft and cvd
s back out even with thread lock and a very tight set screw so gonna shrink wrap to help secure so we will see.
if any ones needs a setup let me know and i can pass the blue groove setup on to try..
thanks for reading..

Brent (bam bam )Bisbee