GP3300 Initial test results

Old 05-19-2002, 04:04 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default GP3300 Initial test results

We have gotten a few pieces of the GP3300 NiMh cell to test.

Preliminary tests from the TM-4/T-35 show these cells to have high capacity with good voltage and good Actual IR.

On our test cells the runtime ranged from 401-416 with voltages of 1.125 - 1.138 with IR of 3.3 - 3.5 with most cells at 3.3 .

I assembled a 4 cell pack to see what it would be like on the T-35.

The specs of the pack should be 412-4.531-13.4

It cycled out at 406-4.51-14.4 which is normal because of the resistance of the bars and solder.

The voltage at the beginning is lower compared to the Sanyo HV but at the 4 minute mark it's close to the HV and then will be higher due to the extended capacity.

To give a better idea of this I look at 3 different voltage points when testing packs.

The first is how long before a pack reaches 4.66 volts. The second is how long before it reaches 4.49 volts and the last is 3.99.

A typical HV will be 155 , 252 and 345 at the above points.

The GP3300 pack went 98 , 240 and 387.

The voltage was about .08 lower compared to the HV at the 155 second mark and .02 at the 252 and then it carried an extra 42 seconds to the 3.99 mark because of it's higher capacity.

Where should this cell fit in ? We have yet to track test it so it's hard to say but it looks like it will most likely be a cell that will be good for modified where it's open on motors and 12th scale mod where you must run 8 minutes.
Old 05-21-2002, 03:37 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Danny. Also thanks for the advice on batteries and chargers you gave me last Firday. I ordered the turbo 35.
Old 07-18-2002, 01:58 AM
Regional Moderator

So, if we don't need extra runtime... Sanyo HV's are still better??

Greetings from Indonesia
Old 07-23-2002, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Danny,

Are these 3300 cells ROAR legal or soon to be? Just wondering. Seems though that without extra voltage over the HV's they will not suit stock racing much.

Also who makes the cell ?
Old 07-24-2002, 10:11 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Were finishing up a small batch of production cells and they look pretty good. The Actual IR is low and the voltage is better than our test cells. Voltage is 1.13 - 1.14. with 390 - 425 runtime. Actual IR of 3.0 - 3.5 .

I don't think this cell will have a big advantage in stock but in mod the extra capacity with good voltage will surely make it a very good cell.
Old 08-14-2002, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hi Danny!,

I've been in RC for quite sometime and have been using Ni-Cd cells from since I started.

I am planning to procure some Ni-Mh cells for my RC Boats to increase my runtime, but I am having second thoughts because I am at a loss to charging properties and Ni-Mh cell characteristics, since I have been familiar with Ni-Cd cells.

I saw some GP Ni-Mh packs at my local hobbyshop and found out that they were a lot cheaper than Sanyo or Panasonic Ni-Mh packs. I am willing to buy a pair of 7-cell GP 3000mah Ni-Mh packs for my RC Boat, but my unfamiliarity with Ni-Mh cells hold me from doing so. Cycling, Charhing, discharging etc.. are what I do not know with Ni-Mh cells.

I use a Novak Millennium charger for my Ni-Cd packs and they are all in good condition. What are the points that I should remember when charging an Ni-Mh pack with my Novak Millennium.

Thanks for your attention.