Reedy Quasar Pro

Old 08-24-2004, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)
Default Reedy Quasar Pro

Hi, I wanted to know if anyone has used the Reedy Quasar Pro charger with SMC GP 3300 batteries and if they have worked good with them?

Thanks,

Mark
Old 08-24-2004, 09:32 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I used one with my SMC cells for a little over a season. It worked fine, or at least I thought it did. That was before I figured out that the charger kept the cells far cooler and gave them a much better charge when it was running off of DC than when it used its internal power supply.

Then of course the news broke about the recall and the bad fuse and software, and it all became clear why the charger got the cells too hot while charging off the internal power supply.

While waiting to get my QuasarPro back from the recall, I replaced it with the LRP Pulsar Comp. and haven't looked back since. Much better charge and much cooler cells.

If you are going to charge your SMC cells with the QuasarPro, I would say make sure its an updated model using the updated Version software. In addition, I would say for get that its AC/DC and only charge with it using an external powersupply. The internal one is simply too shady to trust with your quality cells. That built in 20A discharge is sweet though!

Good luck.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Thanks, I already got it sent back for the recall about 2 months ago. When ever I charge my packs they get real hot and I have to keep a fan on them every time. Should I get a new charger or what?
Old 08-25-2004, 09:55 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

We have a charger list posted on our web page.

If you want the best for your cells, I would take a look at the list.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:48 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mark T.
Thanks, I already got it sent back for the recall about 2 months ago. When ever I charge my packs they get real hot and I have to keep a fan on them every time. Should I get a new charger or what?
Its up to you and your budget whether to make the switch. But if you do decide to make the switch to another charger, the Pulsar Comp.(1 and 2) and the new Pitbull X3 are great choices for not alot of dough....and they're on SMC's list of acceptable chargers...

Those are the two I picked between. I went with the Pulsar Competition because of the motor run in feature that lets up run in a motor(obviously ), but also lets you run your comm lathe right off the charger. Sweet!

And if you need a powersupply, check out the Eagle SHE 10A unit. Its smaller, lighter, and less expensive than a Novak N-Power. Its what I use and its simply excellent. It also matches the blue case on my Pulsar Comp.

Good luck
Old 08-28-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Thanks. Yesterday I was playing around with the peak detection and I put it at 3mv and they peak out the same and they are a hole lot cooler.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default thanks for the post!

helloreplica.com provides a wide array of Replica Watches and professional customer sevrice, our goal is to make every customer 100% satsfied. We are more than ready to show our unique prowess and fortes to gain our footing. And we also provide fast delivery service, we guarantee our listing price is lower than other competitor. welcome to oursite Watches replica Rolex Replica replica rolex replica watch
Old 01-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default SMC's list of acceptable chargers

I don't see the list on the website.....