Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Company/Manufacturer Forums > SMC (Superior Matching Concepts)
SMC 5000 14.8 volt battery problems? >

SMC 5000 14.8 volt battery problems?

SMC 5000 14.8 volt battery problems?

Old 05-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Exclamation SMC 5000 14.8 volt battery problems?

Has any of you out there had problems with your 14.8 volt 5000 40c batteries?
I bought one from stormer and was really happy with it, so happy I bought another one. One problem is the balancing connectors are different, the other problem is that I used the new battery once and it worked fine, charger it again and now it has one cell that is dead. Three cells at 4.14 volts and one cell at .18 volts. Has anyone had this problem with theres? Can't get the battery to come back to 4 cells. I only charged the battery on a check point charger at 5 amps with a blinky balancer. Let me know if anyone has had this problem. Thanks, Tim
Old 05-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We did get one shipment with TP/FP style connectors instead of the XH connectors. Our supplier thought we needed these as flight packs as all our flight packs have TP/FP connectors. Our car packs have XH connectors.

You have a cell that has an internal short which can happen with Lipo cells from time to time. Please send the pack back to us so we can replace it. Make sure to include your shipping address with the pack.