SMC cells

Old 05-26-2003, 08:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up SMC cells

HEy what makes your cells come out on top from all the others. i am planning to buy some new GP3300 and i can not decide who to buy from. i have been running SMC 3000 faithfully for about a year.

so if you guys can give me some input aabout the new second generation GPs that would be cool
Old 05-26-2003, 08:55 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Michael Dunten: Korgae is at the Reedy race, he should return soon and may be able to give you a better answer.

But, I can tell you some the main reasons, and this is straight from the SMC web site:

"At SMC we use a 30-amp discharge rate. Why 30 amps? Cells don't react the same at different amp rates. A cell with good numbers at a lesser rate may not provide comparable results at a higher rate. SMC's continuous testing and extensive racing experiences show that a 30-amp discharge rate yields better predictability of the pack's performance. Not every cell can withstand such a strenuous load. Unlike the competition, SMC's SVP cells will not fail under high loads!

In house technicians calibrate all electronic equipment at regular intervals.

In order to provide you with stable and accurate data, all of SMC's cells are carefully matched in a controlled environment.

All SMC matched cells are sold as 6 individual cells, letting the racer custom build his pack to suit his needs. SMC also offers 4, 7 or more matched cell packs on special request.

Only pre-selected cells that meet our high quality & performance standard are used.

SMC cells are matched to one of the tightest tolerances in the industry"
Old 05-27-2003, 02:30 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the info
Old 05-28-2003, 02:06 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi,

Well right now I think we can offer extremly high #'s to all of our customers based on how popular SMC has become, it works both ways, Our company has grown and continues too. we chose not ot line our pockets but to invest in doing more cells ( a lot more) that combined with Danny's work ethic ='s awsome cells for everyone.

The latest batch has more conistant voltage. most gen 2's are around 1.16+ we put the top % into our 3306S which has been shipping 1.17+.

I hope this answers your questions

Korgae