WTS: First Hand Batteries

Old 05-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks adrian and mark for speaking out for me here, I didn't expect there will be anyone who will speak out... I really appreciate the thought... Initially, I thought that it is because the battery is not charged in the correct manner, causing low capacity problem. But as some of my customers pointed out, they have formed-charged and charged the batteries according to the instructions given online, and yet still unable to get the right capacity... So I suspect the different batches of batteries might be the problem... Cos I have another batch of customers who have no problems at all... But the later batch is giving some problems... I have learnt my lesson... I guess my first try at doing a small online business have failed. Other than the low capacity problems, the voltage and power of the battery have no issues right? Because I just measured using the multi-meter on random batteries and its around 7.2V plus minus. The power is around 12C as indicated. I suspect the manufacturer marked-up the actual capacity and sell a 2000mah as 3800mah maybe? Condemn the manufacturer!

I should have informed my customers that the first thing to do to a nimh battery is always to form-charge it few cycles to bring up the capacity to maximum, before using on the rc car... The moment it is fast-charged, the battery capacity will drop drastically... and since the battery is so cheap, i believe the effect might have permanently damaged the battery cells...

Last edited by jiewei1987; 05-18-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiewei1987
I should have informed my customers that the first thing to do to a nimh battery is always to form-charge it few cycles to bring up the capacity to maximum, before using on the rc car... The moment it is fast-charged, the battery capacity will drop drastically... and since the battery is so cheap, i believe the effect might have permanently damaged the battery cells...
The capacity won't drop drastically when you first do fast charge or at any point in time..... IF it's a good battery. But if it's a used, or re-cycled or bad battery, then fast charging or even extended form charging (leaving it plugged in to the charger for trickle charging) will cause problems.

Anyway, lesson 101 for buying from suppliers: "Buy cheap, buy twice".

Lesson 102 from China/HK cheap suppliers : "Standard MO is to give first batch or 2 good quality, then subsequently when you have trust in them, they will cheat you."
Old 05-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default So what we do now?

Thanks adrian and mark for speaking out for me here, I didn't expect there will be anyone who will speak out... I really appreciate the thought... Initially, I thought that it is because the battery is not charged in the correct manner, causing low capacity problem. But as some of my customers pointed out, they have formed-charged and charged the batteries according to the instructions given online, and yet still unable to get the right capacity... So I suspect the different batches of batteries might be the problem... Cos I have another batch of customers who have no problems at all... But the later batch is giving some problems... I have learnt my lesson... I guess my first try at doing a small online business have failed. Other than the low capacity problems, the voltage and power of the battery have no issues right? Because I just measured using the multi-meter on random batteries and its around 7.2V plus minus. The power is around 12C as indicated. I suspect the manufacturer marked-up the actual capacity and sell a 2000mah as 3800mah maybe? Condemn the manufacturer!

So what we do now?i cant tahan with 1k ++ mah , we got refund or change for a better battery?
Old 05-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Battery very hot after use

Just 1 more thing i want say about the battery , is tat its heat produce out very hot(almost same heat produce with my 1800MAH NICD after use) , maybe becoz of the wrapping?coz most other brands use 'carbon' wrapping , maybe slow conductor of heat??
Just my feedback...
Old 05-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by adrianganjunwei
Just 1 more thing i want say about the battery , is tat its heat produce out very hot(almost same heat produce with my 1800MAH NICD after use) , maybe becoz of the wrapping?coz most other brands use 'carbon' wrapping , maybe slow conductor of heat??
Just my feedback...
Carbon wrapping? I have not heard about this yet... But i know the usual wrapping for other batteries are heat shrink plastics. Is that what u mean?
Old 05-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default MY view

Just last question(not trying to spam as i was eating my breakfast as recall)
Coz before i brought frm u i keep asking is there 3800 MAH as i heard my people saying there alot of batteries are capcity are lower than the rated by alot , maybe u thought i was meaning the overall 3800 +- 10% of batteries capcity , and i am sure u didnt knew tat tis batteries 'ingredients' was cut down to half , as u dun have a 'check battery current capacity charger' , and u also say tat u try in b4 in first batch very good , but 2nd batch alot prob , becoz u dunnoe mah so cant blame u =)
As what i learnt when i was looking for batteries tat , based on what i see(just my opinion)...
Talking about the capacity , not the power

1.First shop owner i go in and ask , i ask for a 3000mah(as i was looking ard tat capacity) he shown me the first 1 branded , 3000mah , but price abit high , den i ask got cheaper one ma?he say have of coz! He show me another one no brand one oly got 1 label 3000mah den he told me tis cheaper one . 'but not original, he explain to me whats the meaning , and he told me tat stated 3000mah , customer come in say 1 cheapest '3000mah' i sell him tis one , Shop owner: '3000mah what , but we dunnoe inside is 2000mah?1500mah?1000mah?so is best to buy original(branded) he said...
2.My 2nd RC car partner , i called him, : he say tat there no such tink original , or no original , just the capcity inside(same as shop owner saying...)
3.MY 1st rc car partner , i called him , Ask him about my NICD battery y so fast finish , he told me tat NICD batteries comfirm dun have the rated one for the type of chemical , and its true , my new victory hawk 1800 mah , charge full oly 1.2k mah most.And of coz the price so cheap ,brand new 2000mah can get for oly less than $20...

Just what i see about batteries , not to have impact or war with anyone... ar
Old 05-18-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Carbon wrapping? I have not heard about this yet... But i know the usual wrapping for other batteries are heat shrink plastics. Is that what u mean?
Maybe not sure heard from other ppl one...
Old 05-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Maybe not sure heard from other ppl one...
I tink they mean the plastic wrapping...
Old 05-20-2010, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hi bro jiewei last time I take ur 2 batt of 3800mah for my starter box.....but I cannot used until now....cos I don't think the batt is fully charger even the charger stated that .....So I want my refund (my money back).....I don't want make any trouble to anybody...but so sorry bro ur batt really cannot use it.... My charger is b6 pro charger.....so please contact me asap at 83192589... thx
Old 05-21-2010, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

Hi bros, the fellow who sold me the batteries cannot be contacted. Thanks for giving me the chance and time to re-correct the issues. I have decided to discuss possible solutions to solve this issue. That damned fellow did not reply me and there is no way he will refund me for the time being.
Dear customers, pls PM me your HP number (I already have a record of the batteries sold) and I will contact you and discuss the the refund options on case by case basis.
Whatever profits I made will be given back and the solutions will be reasonable to both parties. Thanks alot...

The batteries actual capacity are roughly about 60% of the indicated value from the feedback and testings i have conducted.

Last edited by jiewei1987; 05-21-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Bro, what's the use for refund.. But if people really can't use it fine can be refund.. we are all doing a living here.. Its just people with their hobby.. I know sometimes people get frustrated on matters like this.. But lesson learn bro.. I myself bought 2 of your batt with chaos7727 and i dun really care about the capacity as long as my RC can run to practice and thats fine with me.. but when in competition i use my orion batt and your batt is just for a back up..

Good luck bro with it.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SeYPeT
Bro, what's the use for refund.. But if people really can't use it fine can be refund.. we are all doing a living here.. Its just people with their hobby.. I know sometimes people get frustrated on matters like this.. But lesson learn bro.. I myself bought 2 of your batt with chaos7727 and i dun really care about the capacity as long as my RC can run to practice and thats fine with me.. but when in competition i use my orion batt and your batt is just for a back up..

Good luck bro with it.
Thanks bro for your understanding... I have definitely learnt my lesson and will be more careful when dealing with people now. Thanks for your support in the past, am grateful to you guys for everything...
Old 05-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Just last question(not trying to spam as i was eating my breakfast as recall)
Coz before i brought frm u i keep asking is there 3800 MAH as i heard my people saying there alot of batteries are capcity are lower than the rated by alot , maybe u thought i was meaning the overall 3800 +- 10% of batteries capcity , and i am sure u didnt knew tat tis batteries 'ingredients' was cut down to half , as u dun have a 'check battery current capacity charger' , and u also say tat u try in b4 in first batch very good , but 2nd batch alot prob , becoz u dunnoe mah so cant blame u =)
As what i learnt when i was looking for batteries tat , based on what i see(just my opinion)...
Talking about the capacity , not the power

1.First shop owner i go in and ask , i ask for a 3000mah(as i was looking ard tat capacity) he shown me the first 1 branded , 3000mah , but price abit high , den i ask got cheaper one ma?he say have of coz! He show me another one no brand one oly got 1 label 3000mah den he told me tis cheaper one . 'but not original, he explain to me whats the meaning , and he told me tat stated 3000mah , customer come in say 1 cheapest '3000mah' i sell him tis one , Shop owner: '3000mah what , but we dunnoe inside is 2000mah?1500mah?1000mah?so is best to buy original(branded) he said...
2.My 2nd RC car partner , i called him, : he say tat there no such tink original , or no original , just the capcity inside(same as shop owner saying...)
3.MY 1st rc car partner , i called him , Ask him about my NICD battery y so fast finish , he told me tat NICD batteries comfirm dun have the rated one for the type of chemical , and its true , my new victory hawk 1800 mah , charge full oly 1.2k mah most.And of coz the price so cheap ,brand new 2000mah can get for oly less than $20...

Just what i see about batteries , not to have impact or war with anyone... ar

yr england super power (too many commas, real until i asthma!!!!) upz!
Old 05-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks bro for your understanding... I have definitely learnt my lesson and will be more careful when dealing with people now. Thanks for your support in the past, am grateful to you guys for everything...
now that truth behind what happened has come to light,

yep, be careful with china suppliers in the future... its a very common stunt they pull, first batch solid, future batch all chui..

happen to deans plug i was importing as well. which is why i stop selling stuff. too much of a hassle (i tested my second batch and decided not to sell any of them) to manage risks and got uni to concentrate on :P..

but i think this is a super painful lesson for TS, those who bought things from him hope all can be understanding. good luck
Old 05-25-2010, 02:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by weikiat
now that truth behind what happened has come to light,

yep, be careful with china suppliers in the future... its a very common stunt they pull, first batch solid, future batch all chui..

happen to deans plug i was importing as well. which is why i stop selling stuff. too much of a hassle (i tested my second batch and decided not to sell any of them) to manage risks and got uni to concentrate on :P..

but i think this is a super painful lesson for TS, those who bought things from him hope all can be understanding. good luck
No wonder so many ppl use branded batteries(included frm china) , hardly see ppl use no brand batteries But some time china ones really good + price good =)
Heard rumours ppl saying alot branded batt also manufacted in china , den do some things den been approved "MADE IN US"

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.