R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Singapore R/C Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/singapore-r-c-racers-22/)
-   -   Kawada Race (https://www.rctech.net/forum/singapore-r-c-racers/884-kawada-race.html)

melvin 10-09-2001 07:18 PM

Kawada Race

May I suggest a little amendment to the current rule of the Kawada race ...

Suggestion:

Can the race duration be reduced from 7 mins to 6 mins ? As the kawada race was meant to be a stock car race meaning that most racers should be running at the same speed. However, the guys running 1700 and 2000 mah cells are clearly at disadvantage since they have to gear their car like a pig to make runtime. Clearly, that would set a vast differences between them and the 3000 mah guys who can afford to gear theirs up up all the way.

This way, nobody can dispute and claim that whoever won solely on his superior equipments.

Please share your views

Rose Money 10-09-2001 10:51 PM

Melvin, I agreed with u and 6 mins race also means race can finish in time. Futher more I believed that there will be more participants in this race as it is a final series race and everybody is hoping to win the grand lucky draw though they don't win the race, especially me lah of coz. But all this we had to talk to the organiser himself. I think u can discuss it with Joe Hwee or Terrence Chu. But u needs someone to back u up like Wee Kiat, Charle's and other experieced/respected drivers to support u.

Kasey 10-10-2001 12:01 AM

Yes, I agree. We must ask NovakBoy to approach the race committee. I feels that he's the most respected racer here. BTW, where's NB nowadays? Nobody told him about this web page meh?

Alvin 10-10-2001 12:43 AM

Hmm if at a certain gearing they can run @ 7mins without dumping, won't this imply they *could* possible gear _even higher_ if the race length were to be decreased? Of course there is an extent to this but...

Rule I'd prefer IMHO would be to everyone use the standard brushes, since the motor is already standardized.

Then really is see who can take the corner better/setup better hehe.

Else yeah some ppl I met on track also say if u got the $$$ to buy the better esc and batts naturally will go faster...

Or better still, organize seperate heats for newer ppl in this game (aka me).

Regards,
Alvin

melvin 10-10-2001 01:00 AM

Duration

Originally posted by Alvin
Hmm if at a certain gearing they can run @ 7mins without dumping, won't this imply they *could* possible gear _even higher_ if the race length were to be decreased? Of course there is an extent to this but...

Rule I'd prefer IMHO would be to everyone use the standard brushes, since the motor is already standardized.

Then really is see who can take the corner better/setup better hehe.

Else yeah some ppl I met on track also say if u got the $$$ to buy the better esc and batts naturally will go faster...

Or better still, organize seperate heats for newer ppl in this game (aka me).

Regards,
Alvin

The problem for racers on 1700 mah is that they have to gear below average speed to make runtime. They could be on more average speed if the race's only 5-6 mins. The reduced duration does not necessary put the 3000 mah guys on better advantage since there comes a limit where the Kawada motor can be overgeared. The reduced duration would however put 1700 mah racers more on par in speed with the rest of the guys.

Kasey 10-10-2001 02:52 AM

SAVE MONEY !!!! NO NEED to RACE anymore.

WE already know who are the king of Touring Cars. It's Mr S.K. and mmmmmmmm

Nipple 10-13-2001 09:21 AM

yes I agree......next series can recommend 5-6 min run.(If there is):D :D

melvin 10-18-2001 11:50 PM

Results

Maybe the racing committee should have now posted the results for the entire series here.

Joehwee 10-19-2001 12:00 AM

The final results for the series was out on Wed, you guys can go to your favourite hobby shop to take a look. Anyway the followings are the Top 10 drivers for the series.

1st - Ah M (Kawada SV10II)
2nd - Sam Cheng (Hudy Xray T1)
3rd - Alvin Koh (Corally C4.1)
4th - Kelvin Khng (Corally C4.1)
5th - Kasy Low (Yokomo MR4TC Pro)
6th - Chris Cher (Yokomo MR4TC Pro)
7th - Joe Hwee (Kawada SV10II)
8th - Lan Leimin (Tamiya TB Evo)
9th - CS Wong ( Axia 2)
10th - Jackson Chong (Corally C4.1)

Kasey 10-19-2001 12:15 AM

JoeHweeHwee, got detail of the th prizes ?? Did I win my dream prize of "ticket for two to Pheuket" ?? Thanks for the result compilation.

I'm sure it was a good experience for all who joined the races - tuning, perpirations, stress management, financial debts...
My next plan is to retire and open a hobby shop, because it's such good bussiness!!! hehehe But then, I'll wish that there's 2 Sundays per week, including the Sat, to cope with all this activities.

melvin 10-19-2001 12:47 AM

Congrats

Congrats to Ah M !! Our No.1 racer for the Kawada series. Super talented guy !

Originally posted by Joehwee
The final results for the series was out on Wed, you guys can go to your favourite hobby shop to take a look. Anyway the followings are the Top 10 drivers for the series.

1st - Ah M (Kawada SV10II)
2nd - Sam Cheng (Hudy Xray T1)
3rd - Alvin Koh (Corally C4.1)
4th - Kelvin Khng (Corally C4.1)
5th - Kasy Low (Yokomo MR4TC Pro)
6th - Chris Cher (Yokomo MR4TC Pro)
7th - Joe Hwee (Kawada SV10II)
8th - Lan Leimin (Tamiya TB Evo)
9th - CS Wong ( Axia 2)
10th - Jackson Chong (Corally C4.1)

Terence Chu 11-09-2001 07:55 PM

Urgent!!

Sorry!!

Due to some miscommunication between the CC and the CLUB, the hall is not available tomorrow. Thus the track will be place outdoor instead. pls make necessary changes to your tires. thank you.

Alvin 11-09-2001 08:55 PM

Terrance,
Sorry to hear about the change in surface. Good chance I will not be able to run; I prepared only express radials, and since I only play mostly at night, my other tires are night-type tires.....

But i'll be down later today to try my car there. Hope the grip there good :)

Regards,
Alvin

Terence Chu 11-09-2001 09:13 PM

Alvin: dun be surprise that night tires will work better during day!!

Alvin 11-09-2001 09:26 PM

I will try!