Community
Wiki Posts
Search

wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 08:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default wiring

wonder if can get those wires from hardware shop to be use on electric cars. is there anything to take note of?
n why is there 2 colour wire? to identify positive n negative pole only, or is there other difference?
Old 09-30-2002, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

mmm...my own note,
super low resistance, flexible(more strands), ultra light if possible.
Black and red works for me....negative n positive resp.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Hiya,
If you are thinking of getting the wires used to wire up our home equipment, don't try. I have melted those wires before on a stock 23T. Get real good, silicone covered 12 or 14 gauge wires. Colouring is your preference lah, my pan car uses totally blue wire lol ;-) with the shrink wrap indicating the polarity. Not advisable of course.... deans plugs safest if you choose to use same colouring imho. I'm rambling again...

Regards,
Alvin
Old 09-30-2002, 09:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

yellow and green wires could not be used
Old 09-30-2002, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

A very big issue with the "hardware shop" wire is that of rated current carrying capacity. Pls note that VOLTAGE and CURRENT are two very different parameters of electric currents.
The cheapo wires are designed to carry high voltage (peak voltage 330V) not high current (say 13 amp as denoted by the popular fuse).
The internal resistance (IR) generated heat from using such wires in a circuit (electric RC car) that draws on an average 20 amp (peak current on startup dpt on ESC.. shd be btw 100 to 600+ amp) will easily melt the insulators on the wires, causing serious damage.

The wires used for wiring RC cars are designed for high current, not high voltage... use the right horse for the right course
Old 10-01-2002, 04:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Aiyo RX-7 you damn chepo lei .... Play people out so many time liao.... say want to buy battery and want to buy car and this and that in the end ..... wait long long also never hear your reply ......
You know hor what brother nightkidz say is correct. but if you no $$$$ then go to ABC store at CITY HALL MRT and get the $1 wire also can la...... Should be good enough for your poor taste.... wahahaha............. So you run what car now ? NIKKO ? only kids know the difference. If run NIKKO car no need so good wire la.... cheap one also can liao
Old 10-01-2002, 05:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default freak

hey freak, did i offend u in anyway?
i ask a qns on the forum, pple respond, n i'm very glad tat pple help mi.
if u r not going to ans other pple qns or help solve their problems,
i suggest u shut up.
yes i did try to seek a car kit n some batteries on this forum. tat means i cant get it else where?
hey, wake up ur idea.
it's pple like u tat screw up other threads in this forum.
dun start a quarrel session.
Old 10-01-2002, 09:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Ho... ho ... ho .... someone is getting angry ?? Hey, you kept so many people waiting and asking them to keep the stuff for you which in the end you just buzz off without a word. What kind of lousy buyer you are. Promise already but no show. Not just one person but many people. Hey don't be such a jerk next time. R/C community in Singapore is very small. I can easily find out where is your camp ARMY boi .......... Remember don't mess with a COMMANDO ! If no money or waiting for your NS pay say so la. People will understand hor......... If not I buy for you a Nikko car for you to play hor....... Chiow .....
Old 10-02-2002, 01:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default freak

since u r so good, commando...
find mi. yes this is a challenge. find mi...
if u cant, stop being so 'BIG HOLE'.
i've ask pple to reserve for mi, yes.
n i also say that if got other buyer, n want to sell to them wat ever the reason is. i dun mind.
commando is no big deal. if u r really great, wander if u have gone throught ocs, go take up ranger course, or get into the navy seal course. if u can complete the course, then i salute u.
Old 10-02-2002, 01:21 AM
Tech Master

There is this function called PM. Use it, both of you.