Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Old newbie got some questions. >

Old newbie got some questions.

Old newbie got some questions.

Old 07-26-2005, 06:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Old newbie got some questions.

Hi all,

i used to play RC buggys back in my secondary school days, if my count is correct, that was 13 years ago!! anw, was browsing some RC magazines at the bookstore and suddenly gian to play again.. i used to play 1/10 electric off road buggys, cant remember which one i had now.. gave it away too long ago.

i did a internet search and ended up here.. anw, i am kind of thinking of getting a 1/10 on road electric touring car to mess around with. i would like to know wat kit would be suitable for getting my toes wet in the game. any suggestions?

also, i would be looking to get good condition 2nd hand kits.. anyone got anything for sale can PM me pls? wateva also can to get me started. ESC, radios, chassis, motor, battery.. erm... wateva!

Also, wat are some hobby shops to go shop around?? Are there any clubs i can join or learn more from? where got place to drive around??

Thanks alot for any help in advance.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:40 AM
Tech Adept

i got a TT-01 for sale. Its like the most newbie car available on th market pm i give you more details
Old 08-02-2005, 01:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile RC drifting anyone? Novice need some advice

Originally Posted by wohcnil
Hi all,

i used to play RC buggys back in my secondary school days, if my count is correct, that was 13 years ago!! anw, was browsing some RC magazines at the bookstore and suddenly gian to play again.. i used to play 1/10 electric off road buggys, cant remember which one i had now.. gave it away too long ago.
Hi guys

Similiar to Wohcnil, I am looking into returning to this hobby again. Yup, in those days the 1/10 scale buggy are the most popular. Does anyone still owns a Tamiya Hornet or the original Team Associate RC10 (in original box & a body with Masami Hirosaka's signature during his IFMA race here in 1990)? Anyway that was history...

Just want to have a feel of the current happenings in our local RC scene, does anyone here been into RC drifting? I am kind of interested in this RC drifting stuff. Does anyone wants to share their experience on RC drifting or could give me more advice on RC road racing?

Hope to hear from you guys. Thanks!