Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beware Scam! Skystone Shop

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Beware Scam! Skystone Shop

Just advance warning to Singapore RCers.
I did a search on google and came up with Skystone shop located at Batam selling RC kits at insane prices. A Slash 4/4 Ultimate for less then $150 and a HPI Flux HP for $180. Seems too good to be true so I gave a call to City Square Mall where they are supposedly located. I asked the CSO if there's such a shop there and they said there is no such shop there. I also checked the Mall website and no such shop exists in their directory. They only accept money transfers which means once u send it, your money is gone forever!! Don't be scammed. I thought of going there myself and checking it out since its only a ferry away but after this, I won't even bother wasting my time and money checking it out. However, the website layout seems somewhat familiar. Must've been copied from a real RC store website. Lesson Learnt, if its too good to be true, it probably is.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:36 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks man
Old 09-10-2013, 11:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the alert!
Old 09-11-2013, 11:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

http://www.harahaphobby.com/

http://www.skystoneshop.com/content/...t-skystoneshop

http://resources.alibaba.com/topic/8...FORE_BUY/5.htm

Check out 1st 2 links. Both shops have the exact same store front with the same ppl.

3rd link shows the list of shops to beware of. Harharap is in the list as well. Supposedly in Far East Plaza Singapore. Believe me, there is no such shop there.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Moral of the story; Dun Buy from Indonesia online shop...
Old 09-19-2013, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

true...no such shops in batam...only 2 shop at nagoya mall...1 at level 1 and basement...
Old 06-14-2014, 02:43 AM
Tech Rookie

That true guys. I'm batam people also got to location check the the store doesn exist. So careful to buying online at indonesia. If i find the shop by my self only at nagoya hill. 2 floor near informa shop.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Beware

How about Aliexpress? They are selling HPI Vorza at USD400. Very tempting but too afraid.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:33 PM
40%
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcsum
How about Aliexpress? They are selling HPI Vorza at USD400. Very tempting but too afraid.
So far i have good exp with aliexpress. They have a escrow system. You pay to aliexpress and they hold the funds till you receive the items. Only when you log back in to click item received the the seller receives the payment.

harahaphobby is such a big scam that the prices are just to low. And no such shop exists lol.