r/c racers = hokkien speaking >

r/c racers = hokkien speaking

r/c racers = hokkien speaking

Old 08-09-2002, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Well I think,
Sometime when other speak to you in dialects, you can just answer in chinese.......

Anyway.... infact.....most younger singaporean can hardly speak proper hokkien....me one of them....

Except Nic.**** lee.......powerful!! hokkien !!!!

Old 08-09-2002, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Hai ya, there are many different types of RC people lah.....some of the speak hokkien ones...especially those who comes in one big group in a big lorry...Wah that type see already jia lat, like going for gang fight like that...dun bother with them right??

WRONG!

I met some of these people, seriously, they came in lorries...although they can't speak much english (I am sure their english is probably better than your hokkien)...as a courtesy, always ask another RC driver regardless of language, age and religion, What is your freaking frequency??...You be surprise, they would tell you, and if they dont know, they would show you their transmitter or car...

Sometimes the purely speak hokkien lao ah bengs do not want to mix with those ang mo speaking young punks is because of their attitude. When I was in army the hokkien soldiers always feel that the so called ang more educated ones have an attitude, they gave others the impression of being proud by acting differently and hanging...hang around with only certain people...at the end of the day, it is everyone being insecure...

I think we need to know where these people are coming from....
Old 08-10-2002, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Well....when I was in army....
My platoon of 14 men, only 4 of us (me one of them) speak english or chinese and little hokkien.....the rest are the so call hokkien soldiers......and really hokkien is their 1st language......
And we mix very well.......usually it is the 'A' levels soldier cant mix with us......
(hope I don't offend anyone)

But its is because the hokkien groups are really lower educated....PSLE or 'N' standard or fail 'O' badly.
So they worked longer and so are more streetwise......

Well I got very very bad exprience with some 'A' guys....... don't even know where to buy ziplock bags.......and many other stories.....

If you are in army camp and listen to what the Hokkien group and 'A' group talk about during their free time........it is totally 100% different!!! That why hard to mix..........
Old 08-10-2002, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Nipple. dun scare me leh. me going army in days to come... poly guys hows?? not A not O. i m a P guy.... HAHAHA

tomolo shall probably be my last second race sia.... sad....
Old 08-10-2002, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Nipple :
Hmmm what you posted started me thinking abt my army days.....
well, its true to a certain extent that there is a gap btw the "Eh Lay-Berr" guys and the "Hokkein Pengs". However, my personal experience was somewhat different. : )

Strange as it might sound, most of the A level (including two scohlars), teh poly ppl and the ITE ppl actually got on quite well together.... we went out on dinners on dayoffs, shared stuffs together and had a great time together actually : ) Yes, A level ppl tend to less streetwise, but the folks I was with were actually very hardworking and our Hokkein Peng buddies thought us a thing or two abt how to do things "efficiently" hehehe.
I think its an ATTITUDE thing thats the center of the problem here. My batch of A level folks really didnt think and act as if we were any superior to our friends.... and in fact we were NOT superior to them, coz we have being so preocuppied with academic work, we lack real life skills.

Maybe I had a unique situation in my camp but strange enuff... the only troublemaker there was a poly guy who once proclaimed " Thats the difference btw us poly guys and those ITE ppl"... wah lao eh....the drivers got so pissed they refused to feery the bugger in their vehicle for the rest of his time there : P

Originally posted by Nipple
Well....when I was in army....
My platoon of 14 men, only 4 of us (me one of them) speak english or chinese and little hokkien.....the rest are the so call hokkien soldiers......and really hokkien is their 1st language......
And we mix very well.......usually it is the 'A' levels soldier cant mix with us......
(hope I don't offend anyone)

But its is because the hokkien groups are really lower educated....PSLE or 'N' standard or fail 'O' badly.
So they worked longer and so are more streetwise......

Well I got very very bad exprience with some 'A' guys....... don't even know where to buy ziplock bags.......and many other stories.....

If you are in army camp and listen to what the Hokkien group and 'A' group talk about during their free time........it is totally 100% different!!! That why hard to mix..........
Old 08-10-2002, 09:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

depend on how you see things lah. if you narrow minded think lower ed ppl cannot mix with them then you gonna be sian for a very long time man.

hokkien peng like nipple and nightkidz say very the streetwise. Air level study too much go army do thing straight as arrow one(well from those i know lah). poly student leh tend to be either in between slightly streetwise and a bit toot sometimes unless you damn sway buddy buddy with the studious poly type then haum liao.

me? i like to hang ard hokkien peng cos they more easy going and have more sense of honour than some ppl i've been with. talk cock sing song with them very easy. sarlent ask do thing sometimes we can cham siong until he say fuck it

trouble maker every platoon sure got one it can be anyone be it a, hokkien peng or poly guy.my time the troublemaker was air level guy lucky he redeem himself b4 pop or else he die urgly man
Old 08-11-2002, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Talking

Well seems like every one share almost the same expreience in army....
Yes the poly guys are usually in between the two groups and can mix well with both sides.

Well 4 of us in my platoon I'm saying , 1 is 'A' level, the other 3 of us are poly drop-outs. And he is the only 'A' student who mix well with us and we teach him a lot of thing like...........smoking, drinking, gamble..........hehehehe

Well ......I was a I.T student at S.P before Army, Now Eng. Student at N.Y.P
Old 08-11-2002, 06:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

you forgot to mention twanging, spouting vulgar language in many colourful ways