R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Singapore R/C Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/singapore-r-c-racers-22/)
-   -   MS Track (https://www.rctech.net/forum/singapore-r-c-racers/6807-ms-track.html)

Durianlover 07-28-2002 09:53 AM

MS Track

Went down to MS to practice today and I was told by the people playing there that the track will be closed by the middle of next month. Is this true? What is the reason, or is it just for renovation and maintainence?

NomeXX 07-28-2002 08:57 PM

Re: MS Track

Originally posted by Durianlover
Went down to MS to practice today and I was told by the people playing there that the track will be closed by the middle of next month. Is this true? What is the reason, or is it just for renovation and maintainence?
....heheheh...news spread so fast huh:lol: :lol: :lol: but yes its true that the track will be closed soon....for what purpose, I'm not very sure....maybe you can ask around the next time you're there:D :D :D

hurhur 07-28-2002 09:13 PM

It was good while it lasted. Sad to see it go...:( :(

Durianlover 07-28-2002 10:03 PM

Hi nomexx,

So is true that the track will be closed for good? I heard from some of the EP players yesterday that some doctor guy complained to the minstry of enviroment about pollution and about the track being too near to food outlet or something.

I live in Bedok area and its nearer for me to go to MS rather than Jurong to play car, it will be really sad to see the track go.

I think I have spoken to this doctor guy before, he's also playing nitro cars and drives a black BMW right? He seems to be a nice guy and very helpful too, why would he do such a thing?? He's also an RC player just like us. But he seems to be very bias against some products and hobbyshops I must say and he keep recommending me certain products. I have taken the advise from this doctor guy and bought a bottle of GammaLube to try next week, hope its as good as he has claimed.

BTW, do I need to retune my engine? I have just finished a bottle of 25% BlueThunder and was running fine the last time, do I need to re-adjust the setting if I switch to 25% GammaLube next week? TIA

DNQ 07-28-2002 11:24 PM

I hope this information is not true. I also live in the East and I do not want to spend over an hour on the MRT going out to Jurong every weekend to practice.

It's also very sad for the shop because without the track, I'm sure the business will not be good. It's not a very convenient shop to go to even with the track there, but not many people will go there when the track is gone. If the track is closing, I hope they have plans to move the shop somewhere else.

Already there are not enough tracks in Singapore. How sad that one of the few in existence may have to close down.

Hope someone with firsthand information can post to verify or disprove this information and if it really is closing, give us the real reason. Hate to blame this doctor guy if it's not really his fault, right?

NomeXX 07-29-2002 12:08 AM

Originally posted by Durianlover
Hi nomexx,

So is true that the track will be closed for good? I heard from some of the EP players yesterday that some doctor guy complained to the minstry of enviroment about pollution and about the track being too near to food outlet or something.

I live in Bedok area and its nearer for me to go to MS rather than Jurong to play car, it will be really sad to see the track go.

I think I have spoken to this doctor guy before, he's also playing nitro cars and drives a black BMW right? He seems to be a nice guy and very helpful too, why would he do such a thing?? He's also an RC player just like us. But he seems to be very bias against some products and hobbyshops I must say and he keep recommending me certain products. I have taken the advise from this doctor guy and bought a bottle of GammaLube to try next week, hope its as good as he has claimed.

BTW, do I need to retune my engine? I have just finished a bottle of 25% BlueThunder and was running fine the last time, do I need to re-adjust the setting if I switch to 25% GammaLube next week? TIA

Hi Durianlover...I just got off the phone with Ben from HobbyBug, and it seems that the ENV indeed went down to MS last week regarding this matter. It seems that someone had indeed lodge a complain and even claimed that we are playing our cars on the pavement and knock someone's kid down...hehhehe...can you dig that?:lol:

However, I won't/can't speculate on who this person is as they have already established his identity and will persue the matter thru legal means. As for the future of the track....your guess is as good as mine....

As for the "doctor guy" you mentioned, I know one that fits your description exactly, but lets not jump into any conclusion okay ;)

As for retuning your engine, it should not be a big problem as you're switching from 25% to 25%, just a little fine tuning will do:D :D :D

NomeXX 07-29-2002 12:21 AM

Originally posted by DNQ
I hope this information is not true. I also live in the East and I do not want to spend over an hour on the MRT going out to Jurong every weekend to practice.

It's also very sad for the shop because without the track, I'm sure the business will not be good. It's not a very convenient shop to go to even with the track there, but not many people will go there when the track is gone. If the track is closing, I hope they have plans to move the shop somewhere else.

Already there are not enough tracks in Singapore. How sad that one of the few in existence may have to close down.

Hope someone with firsthand information can post to verify or disprove this information and if it really is closing, give us the real reason. Hate to blame this doctor guy if it's not really his fault, right?

Well, I can't verfiy this info, but according to some witnesses that was at MS last week, this was what happened.... "someone had an argument with the folks at HobbyBug and later admitted & claimed to be a certain poster here in the forum and it is his freedom of speech in the internet as well as in real life..blah blah blah..he left after the argument. Two days later, ENV came"

....thats what I heard lah, dun say I say one horrr:D :D :D :D :D

Jack 07-29-2002 12:44 AM

oh man... if that happen.. there goes our TEAMSPARC home ground....
dammm...

yusnov 07-29-2002 02:26 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: oh no, can anyone do something, this will sure have an impact to the hobby... aiyah what a waste if true... Jack, so how? no more prawn noodles izzzit? Jurong too far leh. But this sat sure jurong oke...:D :D :D :D

Jack 07-29-2002 02:32 AM

Originally posted by yusnov
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: oh no, can anyone do something, this will sure have an impact to the hobby... aiyah what a waste if true... Jack, so how? no more prawn noodles izzzit? Jurong too far leh. But this sat sure jurong oke...:D :D :D :D
ya... if no track i wont go there.. and no more prawn noodles anymore.that person who complain sure is some scum of RC.....
sigh..........no more SPARC GERS
:D :D

Baggy 07-29-2002 02:32 AM

what time?...:D

Jack 07-29-2002 02:39 AM

should be around 10am..

DNQ 07-29-2002 02:41 AM

Yeah Jack it's horrible news. Takes only one weiner to ruin everyone's fun. Hopefully, the ENV will not find enough evidence to close down the track. Just because this one joker makes up some stories doesn't mean it's believable.

Any ENV people checking this forum, we R/C car players of Marina South are high class people who don't run down small children on the sidewalk. And we support your friends over in Traffic Control by parking illegally and getting lots of fines! So think about it, no more track, no more fines, no more annual increment! :lol:

yusnov 07-29-2002 02:57 AM

if they can do this thing to ms then hhmmmmppp. oh no. i don't wanna think about it... oh boy this may mean i need to sweep the void deck again... and corner markers...

NomeXX 07-29-2002 03:05 AM

Originally posted by Jack
oh man... if that happen.. there goes our TEAMSPARC home ground....
dammm...

....well, look at the bright side...EP --> no pollution, no problem...maybe there still will be a track afterall...just no smelly & noisy nitro cars lorr...hehehehe:D :D :D