Electrifying - Hyper ST >

Electrifying - Hyper ST

Electrifying - Hyper ST

Old 10-06-2012, 09:28 AM
FT
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Arrow Electrifying - Hyper ST

Hobao/OFNA Hyper ST! Tough truck with gentle price tag!

Very Short Story - Tired of dealing with nitro engine care and handling; the owner wishes to have nitro out, electric in!

Agenda - Convert!

Being a high performance Truggy, CG is extra critical for this particular conversion and it is extra challenging to keep costs and complications low while figuring out component designs/positions in this space-constrained truck. Fingers crossed!

1. Sight See

2. Power Plant

3. Metals

That's it for today! Next time - Metals II!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Chris, new project..can't wait to look the fully conversation.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:42 AM
FT
Tech Master

Surprisingly, Ive managed to finish the conversion swiftly. Mate, hows your reciever's situation now?
Old 10-07-2012, 05:46 AM
FT
Tech Master

4. Metals II & Completion

That's it for today! Up next - Test Drive!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:25 AM
FT
Tech Master

5. Impromptu Test Drive

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Yep, the owner had to leave for a supreme holiday tomorrow so we had a quick meet for a quick drive. It was fun!
Old 10-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by FT View Post
Surprisingly, Ive managed to finish the conversion swiftly. Mate, hows your reciever's situation now?
Bro, that no problem now after get new rx from Winnie. Everything fine, now my son can play happily with his ep rc.

Nice video for the truggy. By the way, how much u bought for that brushless combo?

Have a nice day.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

u got a wicked combo....

but 17T?? wats d spur gear count??

btw, i found out my 1/8 is 46T spur count... wat pinion u tink i shd mate it with??
Old 10-07-2012, 09:39 PM
FT
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lorelei View Post
Bro, that no problem now after get new rx from Winnie. Everything fine, now my son can play happily with his ep rc.

Nice video for the truggy. By the way, how much u bought for that brushless combo?

Have a nice day.
That's great! and thanks! The combo is priced at <S$150 if I were to order it for you.

Originally Posted by viktozzz View Post
u got a wicked combo....

but 17T?? wats d spur gear count??

btw, i found out my 1/8 is 46T spur count... wat pinion u tink i shd mate it with??
It was a very good combo, not great, but good. It is on a 52T Spur. For your buggy setup, you can go up to 20T but I will recommend to stick between 13T - 15T. 15T being the most popular for most setup. Please remind me again about your motor and ESC rating.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:47 AM
FT
Tech Master

6. Test Drive II
+ YouTube Video

7. Moisture Damage

Yep, pretty fried up. The electronics survived the whole of yesterday's mud bash but today's super wet mud bash gave the ESC it's last breath. I suspect that the Deans connector shorted a little which caused the ESC to smoke. This is one of the main reason why I don't use Deans. However if you are still with deans, remember to tape it up for a wet bash and always keep in mind that it is always a gamble to play in wet situations.

Last edited by FT; 10-14-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

darn.... a nice esc juz gone up in smoke. nice jumps u got on d ST. on 4s or 5s batt??
Old 10-14-2012, 07:29 PM
FT
Tech Master

Yep, a real waste. I was not around when they took that segar video, but from the youtube clip, it looks to me like a real performer! It was on 4S (2x 2S) with a bloated pack. Yesterday, I was around to witness only 2 laps of run but the track was really drenched from the heavy rain. Weird things can happen when water meets EP.

Well yes, Nitro can do river crossing operation.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

Nice... great job on the conversion. Maybe I should keep my nitro hyper and convert it to EP. I'm sick of the stock nitro engine... under-power but loud lol
Old 10-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Tech Regular

If you guys want , i do sell plasti dip ( Dip version ) for waterproofing your electronics and deans , but you still have to tape up the connection between the esc and batteries for bashing in wet conditions . As its a pretty big can , you guys can share the cost . I'm still planning to bring in the spray version .
Old 10-15-2012, 11:35 PM
FT
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jamjammer View Post
Nice... great job on the conversion. Maybe I should keep my nitro hyper and convert it to EP. I'm sick of the stock nitro engine... under-power but loud lol
Thanks! You should! Winnie have conversion kits for most of her Hyper series and she still provide parts support for her Hobao vehicles! I believe there should be a good 5 more years of life span/parts support for the older Hyper vehicles.

Originally Posted by twe75 View Post
If you guys want , i do sell plasti dip ( Dip version ) for waterproofing your electronics and deans , but you still have to tape up the connection between the esc and batteries for bashing in wet conditions . As its a pretty big can , you guys can share the cost . I'm still planning to bring in the spray version .
What's your pricing? Do you have a 2K type? Anyway, I recommend using XT60 connectors as a water resistant connector and I was thinking of using silicon waterproofing gel as a cheaper and readily-available alternative. I always use that for my PC-mods applications and has been pretty good. Best part is, it is transparent-clear.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:07 AM
Tech Regular

1 can $30 . Mine is the can of plasti dip shown/used in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWncP...=results_video .

I recommend using ice cream sticks or wooden stick/spatula to scoop or spread it ard . But the fumes are flammable though .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.