Community
Wiki Posts
Search

nitro or electric faster

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 09:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Default nitro or electric faster

Nitro or electric car faster at marina south? I saw Sam run his Serpent Xray at jurong, si beh kin leh. At their pace, I dun think nitro can catch electric, except nitro cars are tougher, can bang elctric cars.

I want to play at marina south, but when I use blue thunder, engines all broken liao. Thinking of starting electric. I see electric so quiet and fast, but people advise me not to try coz too expensive. Very true, I poor man, cannot afoord to be cheated. Need some ideas whether nitro or electric is the way to go.

Many thanks!
Old 07-18-2002, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: nitro or electric faster

are u sure it is because of the fuel that your engines got busted?
BT is not the best but it isnt that bad lah...sorry for being blunt, i believe it is the end user fault.

Originally posted by bugbusters
Nitro or electric car faster at marina south? I saw Sam run his Serpent Xray at jurong, si beh kin leh. At their pace, I dun think nitro can catch electric, except nitro cars are tougher, can bang elctric cars.

I want to play at marina south, but when I use blue thunder, engines all broken liao. Thinking of starting electric. I see electric so quiet and fast, but people advise me not to try coz too expensive. Very true, I poor man, cannot afoord to be cheated. Need some ideas whether nitro or electric is the way to go.

Many thanks!
Old 07-18-2002, 09:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: nitro or electric faster

Originally posted by hurhur
are u sure it is because of the fuel that your engines got busted?
BT is not the best but it isnt that bad lah...sorry for being blunt, i believe it is the end user fault.

I usually play at ms, got things from ther. I think it must be my fault also lah. I see electric very fast, no need to tune engine. Aiyah, very sian almost give up hobby liao.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: nitro or electric faster

I usually play at ms, got things from ther. I think it must be my fault also lah. I see electric very fast, no need to tune engine. Aiyah, very sian almost give up hobby liao.
u play at MS and u get things from there doesnt mean its their fault wat. so does that mean u bang the car into the fence and it breaks some parts, its their fault too? engine tuning and maintanence is done by the end-user, so you cant blame anyone but yourself. you got to start somewhere and learn lah....if dont know, just ask around at the track ok?

if you think electric is fast, by all means take the switch. but i dont hope to see you coming back and ask for help when you feel that your expensive batt packs is not punchy, motor smoke out, etc etc.
EP or GP has its pros and cons....you cant compare the both of them. it is like comparing apples with oranges.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Many thanks!
i think sam is running brushless,tat would explain why his car is so fast...

it's a tough question 2 ans,depending on wat n how much u r prepared 2 spend,an electric can definitely be veri fast.

i've read of ppl telling mi tat their electric on brushless can blow away the nitro with turbo n some much so tat the nitro can oni tail them!!!...

u must know wat u wan 1st b4 deciding on whether u wan 2 go nitro or electric...

anyway,i'm into electric...
Old 07-18-2002, 09:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: nitro or electric faster

Originally posted by ijnek

i think sam is running brushless,tat would explain why his car is so fast...

it's a tough question 2 ans,depending on wat n how much u r prepared 2 spend,an electric can definitely be veri fast.

i've read of ppl telling mi tat their electric on brushless can blow away the nitro with turbo n some much so tat the nitro can oni tail them!!!...

u must know wat u wan 1st b4 deciding on whether u wan 2 go nitro or electric...

anyway,i'm into electric...
Thanks for the gentle reply. I kind of like electric and their drivers cos electric drivers sound more polite and educated. Nitro drivers, esp 1/10 bang here and there. I'm only going to diferent tracks to watch the cars and see what they do after my bad experiences and advice given. I'm also very eager to talk to electric guys. Are brushless expensive? I heard can last a long time.
Old 07-18-2002, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think end of the day, the answer is "it depends".

I could gear my electric car to out-run the nitro. but been that fast, the possibility of me breaking parts is higher.

So, been fast without control is not very meaningful.
Old 07-18-2002, 10:57 PM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ongbenghui
I think end of the day, the answer is "it depends".

I could gear my electric car to out-run the nitro. but been that fast, the possibility of me breaking parts is higher.

So, been fast without control is not very meaningful.
[/QUOTE

Thanks for the advice, I'm still look see, look see.
I also went PA, oh my god, those 1/8 cars are so very fast!!!! I 'm very busybody, talk to a few very nice guys. One guy called the God of Cras was really fast. He looked like Shoemacher driver leh! So fast. I also did a survey and noticed that the fuel used by these guys were gammalube or tornado. I asked them why no blue thunder, they told me that those who used it broke their engines and rusted so easily. Even the owner himself gave up 1/8!!

Wah, 1/8 so fast, the fuel they used must be right leh! So fast and so shiok........but I'll just look and watch....
Old 07-18-2002, 11:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm into both gas and electric, I agree that both cars got their pros and cons. I prefer electric, their design are much simpler and they are less hassle to run, but of cos their initial starting cost is very high if you wanna run 'shiok', for nitro, I think you know already
Old 07-18-2002, 11:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by ART2
I'm into both gas and electric, I agree that both cars got their pros and cons. I prefer electric, their design are much simpler and they are less hassle to run, but of cos their initial starting cost is very high if you wanna run 'shiok', for nitro, I think you know already
I agree fully. Let me spend more weekends at the TOTO booth, and when I strike I buy the BEST: serpent VETEQ, SERPENT XRAY , genuine JP engines, and not the ones from China brought in by BEN.

Cheers
Old 07-18-2002, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

brushless is expensive,...650 for the esc and a motor...can check with sam as he has it...

coming up on the 28/7 there will be a tamiya race at teck ghee CC,...u can drop by there,...most of the electric RCers on this forum should b there...
Old 07-19-2002, 01:22 AM
Tech Regular

let's just say sam is fast regardless of electric or gas........
one point worth noting why u think electric cars seem so fast is becos both ms and jurong tracks are considered small and tight, therefore the horsepower and top speed advantage of nitro will not be as big a factor; plus electric cars being lighter and more nimble will be able to negotiate tights turns quickly.

ultimately how fast you can be is still dependent on your driving and setup skills plus tech knowledge. happy racing!
Old 07-19-2002, 01:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Re: nitro or electric faster

Thanks for the gentle reply. I kind of like electric and their drivers cos electric drivers sound more polite and educated. Nitro drivers, esp 1/10 bang here and there.
Pls be mindful of what you are implying.
Old 07-19-2002, 01:28 AM
Tech Regular

Location: Indonesia sometimes, Singapore sometimes, Mars sometimes, Venus sometimes...but home is where I wanna be

[QUOTEThanks for the advice, I'm still look see, look see.
I also went PA, oh my god, those 1/8 cars are so very fast!!!! I 'm very busybody, talk to a few very nice guys. One guy called the God of Cras was really fast. He looked like Shoemacher driver leh! So fast. I also did a survey and noticed that the fuel used by these guys were gammalube or tornado. I asked them why no blue thunder, they told me that those who used it broke their engines and rusted so easily. Even the owner himself gave up 1/8!!
Alamak, PA got a few God of Car leh...all very very fast on practice day one you noe? but all never race leh ??

I heard people say they dun dare to race because cannot take race day pressure lah, even if race horr...also C or D main standard lah. Some even say horr, got some cannot qualify into A-main horr...tar pau go home even thou can qualify for B or C main leh...so un-sporting...for me horr any main I oso "lutt kar liao arr"..main thing is have fun mah...so serious for what...oso call hobby oledy mah...tio borr??? But that's what I heard lah...dunno true or not
Old 07-19-2002, 01:31 AM
Tech Regular

Location: Indonesia sometimes, Singapore sometimes, Mars sometimes, Venus sometimes...but home is where I wanna be

I agree fully. Let me spend more weekends at the TOTO booth, and when I strike I buy the BEST: serpent VETEQ, SERPENT XRAY , genuine JP engines, and not the ones from China brought in by BEN.

Cheers
Alamak, M-Speed still made in China arr?? I tot now must cut cost and make in Bangladesh?? No wonder so fast lah....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.