Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
2006 IFMAR 1/10TH 200mm I.C. ON-ROAD WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP > 2006 IFMAR 1/10TH 200mm I.C. ON-ROAD WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

2006 IFMAR 1/10TH 200mm I.C. ON-ROAD WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Reply

Old 02-10-2005, 08:32 PM
  #1  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
phlim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: South West Singapore
Posts: 910
Arrow 2006 IFMAR 1/10TH 200mm I.C. ON-ROAD WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Extract from latest FEMCA notification
...
3. 2006 IFMAR 1/10TH 200mm I.C. ON-ROAD WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP –
Saturday, September 9 to Sunday, September 17, 2006, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
An IFMAR Pre-World Championship Race will be held from February 22-26, 2006 *.
...
FEMCA W.C. ALLOCATIONS’ QUESTIONNAIRE – On January 18, 2005, this Questionnaire was forwarded to you with your country’s allocations for the 2005 IFMAR W.C. events. Even though you may not require any allocations for these 3 events, please complete and return this Questionnaire, by fax or email, by February 28, 2005 so that any unused allocations can be re-allocated to other FEMCA drivers. Your co-operation in regard to this request will be appreciated.
...
This thread is started for the sole intent in support of the above event, please feel free to put up your queries here.

We are allocated 2 seats to the event in Brisbane Oz. My immediate query for all GP Touring RC'ers here and for those not on the Internet, please pass on the query:

Are there any interest? If I receive no replies, I may have to sent off a NIL return on Feb 28th.

For your information, this is what you need to be prepared for, other than being a good driver in Singapore:

1. Between 10 to 12 days of leave from either your job or your business or your school.
2. Airfare would cost you about $600 to $1,000 per pax depending on airline & class.
3. Be prepared for roughly $100~$150 for B & B per day you spent there.
4. As for your RC equipment, I won't even dare to put an estimate, probably experienced racers like Sam Cheng or Joe Hwee would like to share a word or two.

Best if 2 drivers are going, then the 2 can share costs of B & B and psychologically support each other through the gruelling event.

Thanks & Best Regards
Lim Peng Heng
phlim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 02:06 AM
  #2  
O2
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Southeast Asia
Posts: 62
Default

PH Lim,

We would like to participate in 2005 1/10 World Held in Brisbane Australia.

Nick Kuan
Erwin Luhur

Thank you!
O2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:10 AM
  #3  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
TOMJR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: EAST
Posts: 1,126
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Is there any qualifying series for the 200mm world race ?
only 2 seats allocated for singapore ?
TOMJR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:07 AM
  #4  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
phlim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: South West Singapore
Posts: 910
Default Series for 200mm GP on road

Tai Sing had kindly agreed to organize a few GP races with Marine Parade RCMC at the HPRC track. We have not set that up as a series yet. However, the important things to note are:

1. We get 2 confirmed seats at iFMAR.
2. If there are 2 or less interested parties, then there isn't a real need to run a point based series. Although we can still have one to crown a local champion.
3. If there are up to 4 interested members, we can request for 2 more seats but the extra seats are not confirmed up till about a month or 2 before the event date. This disrupts your planning quite a bit.

So, a direct answer would be MPRCMC have not arranged out a series for 200mm GP yet, but it wouldn't be too difficult to do so.

Best Regards
phlim
phlim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:19 AM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Joehwee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,555
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Hi PH,

I and Max will be interested, as for the rest of the guys out there I think it will be better if you could get the LHS to check with them.

Regards

Joe
Joehwee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:56 AM
  #6  
Tech Elite
 
MrChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Singapore, Thailand, MARS, MOON
Posts: 2,071
Default Re: Series for 200mm GP on road

Originally posted by phlim
Tai Sing had kindly agreed to organize a few GP races with Marine Parade RCMC at the HPRC track. We have not set that up as a series yet. However, the important things to note are:

1. We get 2 confirmed seats at iFMAR.
2. If there are 2 or less interested parties, then there isn't a real need to run a point based series. Although we can still have one to crown a local champion.
3. If there are up to 4 interested members, we can request for 2 more seats but the extra seats are not confirmed up till about a month or 2 before the event date. This disrupts your planning quite a bit.

So, a direct answer would be MPRCMC have not arranged out a series for 200mm GP yet, but it wouldn't be too difficult to do so.

Best Regards
phlim
I think 4 seats r still not enough ... Autralia is just very near only. So I think there will be a lot of people want to go for. !! .

Just the idea and suggestion that why we don't have qualify at HPRC and also at PA ..The 2 tracks are totally diff ..big and small ...
MrChan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 05:06 AM
  #7  
Tech Adept
 
Daan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Posts: 233
Default Re: Series for 200mm GP Race

Dear Peng Heng

Our Kenny Chua (GS Vision PP) & Lee Chih Fei (Caster) are interested on the race too.

Regards
Daan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:09 AM
  #8  
Tech Regular
 
wenyi...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 263
Default

hi peng heng,

i am interested to register for the 1/10 world's race. pls advice. thank you.
wenyi... is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:30 AM
  #9  
Tech Addict
 
prawntoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 617
Default Re: Re: Series for 200mm GP on road

Originally posted by MrChan
I think 4 seats r still not enough ... Autralia is just very near only. So I think there will be a lot of people want to go for. !! .

Just the idea and suggestion that why we don't have qualify at HPRC and also at PA ..The 2 tracks are totally diff ..big and small ...
ph lim,

Thank you for spearheading all these !!

considerations will also be :

will members of rcmc get discount joining these races. eg : taising hprc race (onroad) or turf city (offroad) ?

alot of proper onroad tracks overseas eg : australian wc tracks are very different then our local tracks. HPRC may not be appropriate as a selection ground although it's easy (and it seems to me like it's becoming the norm of mprcmc) to tag along other races because of limited resources and constantly worrying about participant numbers ( to break even ).

Maybe we can fire up PA races again this year as selection race for the wc. At very least PA track looks comparable - in size and sweepers :-) kakaaa

This will definately add interest and maybe who knows bring back the crowd to PA since "modern cars like (talk 200mm here) RRR, mtx-3 and 710 can have good gear ratios to perform well even at PA without killing an engine after a couple of runs :-)

Surely waking up the big white elephant should be on the comittee's consideration
prawntoe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:10 AM
  #10  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (7)
 
Danny Teh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 8,483
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

2006 IFMAR 1/10TH 200mm I.C. ON-ROAD WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP –
Saturday, September 9 to Sunday, September 17, 2006, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
An IFMAR Pre-World Championship Race will be held from February 22-26, 2006 *.

2006 IFMAR 1/8TH I.C. OFF-ROAD WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP –
Monday, August 28 to Sunday, September 3, 2006, Jakarta, Indonesia.
An IFMAR Pre-World Championship Race will be held from March 2-5, 2006 *.

Last edited by Danny Teh; 02-17-2005 at 08:12 AM.
Danny Teh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:52 AM
  #11  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (7)
 
Danny Teh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 8,483
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Technical rules:

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~ifmar/rulesindpg.htm
Danny Teh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 09:31 AM
  #12  
SIA
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: www.taising.com
Posts: 1,425
Default Re: Series for 200mm GP on road

Originally posted by phlim
Tai Sing had kindly agreed to organize a few GP races with Marine Parade RCMC at the HPRC track. We have not set that up as a series yet. However, the important things to note are:

1. We get 2 confirmed seats at iFMAR.
2. If there are 2 or less interested parties, then there isn't a real need to run a point based series. Although we can still have one to crown a local champion.
3. If there are up to 4 interested members, we can request for 2 more seats but the extra seats are not confirmed up till about a month or 2 before the event date. This disrupts your planning quite a bit.

So, a direct answer would be MPRCMC have not arranged out a series for 200mm GP yet, but it wouldn't be too difficult to do so.

Best Regards
phlim
Hi phlim,

After checking thru the available source of 2005 race schedule.

There are still have vacancies for RC races like :-
6-Mar-2005
3-Apr-2005
29-May-2005
5-Jun-2005
3-Jul-2005
17-Jul-2005
7-Aug-2005
21-Aug-2005
4-Sep-2005
2-Oct-2005
6-Nov-2005
4-Dec-2005 for this year

Maybe you can look into the above dates.

Just my suggestion...
SIA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 04:18 PM
  #13  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
phlim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: South West Singapore
Posts: 910
Default That's great guys

I am indeed glad to see all this interest here. Okay, give me some time to chew over your suggestions and I'll respond as necessary. Thanks for all the great ideas too.
phlim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 05:09 PM
  #14  
Tech Adept
 
Daan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Posts: 233
Default

Ah M had shown us a good example for the physically and mentally prepared at the last Malaysia GS Open Race, he finished work at middle of the night straight away drove to KL arrived at about 7am+ and go through the race and won the A-main second.

We believed that to be a good and top driver u must be physically and mentally prepared at all time and the winning is just the secondary, sportmanship come in first. Kenny & Chih Fei both are experiance drivers and had been attended some of the International Race they should know very well what they want, further more both of them needed to go through the selection series race too, so it dosen't mean that for sure they will win the seat, unless nobody wanted to joint for the world race,possible ??

Regards
Daan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 05:17 PM
  #15  
Tech Elite
 
MrChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Singapore, Thailand, MARS, MOON
Posts: 2,071
Default Re: Re: Re: Series for 200mm GP on road

Originally posted by prawntoe
ph lim,

Thank you for spearheading all these !!

considerations will also be :

will members of rcmc get discount joining these races. eg : taising hprc race (onroad) or turf city (offroad) ?

alot of proper onroad tracks overseas eg : australian wc tracks are very different then our local tracks. HPRC may not be appropriate as a selection ground although it's easy (and it seems to me like it's becoming the norm of mprcmc) to tag along other races because of limited resources and constantly worrying about participant numbers ( to break even ).

Maybe we can fire up PA races again this year as selection race for the wc. At very least PA track looks comparable - in size and sweepers :-) kakaaa

This will definately add interest and maybe who knows bring back the crowd to PA since "modern cars like (talk 200mm here) RRR, mtx-3 and 710 can have good gear ratios to perform well even at PA without killing an engine after a couple of runs :-)

Surely waking up the big white elephant should be on the comittee's consideration
Yeah .... Anyway, Can put in the 1/8 to have some fun at PA Too ..


he he ..
MrChan is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service