Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Which was the most troublesome r/c you ever had? >

Which was the most troublesome r/c you ever had?

Which was the most troublesome r/c you ever had?

Old 07-06-2002, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Which was the most troublesome r/c you ever had?

Out of the box, my Tamiya Terra Crusher takes the cake. It has this super-complicated sealed transmission with a total of 4 clutches which I had to take apart 3 times to troubleshoot before its forward 2nd gear finally engaged properly. And that was after 1 gallon of fuel. I got rather upset cos its a Tamiya, and not a cheap one that you might expect problems in.

Anyone have horror stories to report from new r/c cars? 2nd hand ones sure got I know...
Old 07-07-2002, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Pirate 10 (1997 model)

Pirate 10 have to top my list. This is the 1997 (or there about) model. Not the Hyper Swan is selling now.

Darn thing looks damm solid. Thick blue aluminum everywhere, full BB, harden metal gear diffs, metal shocks etc etc. But really, I have never had a worst pile of crap in my 18 years of R/C. I can never finish a tank of gas without something breaking or the engine dying on me. That is if I can get the thing started in the first place. Finally I had enough and I ran it for the last time full bore into a crub. I still have the remants as a reminder. Bought an Impact M2 after that. BTW, the Impact is one of my favourite car.
Old 07-07-2002, 12:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hehe... I changed about 2 sets of pistons and piston sleeves and 1 crankshaft on the stock Force engine of that car within 6 months..