Wiki Posts
Search

MT website

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 01:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Sanwas... hooya

Sanwa ERG VB... 200 oz of torque.. transit spd quite blazing as well. Used for nitro buggy, nitro TC, and also in my dominator... has worked well for all.

Muy Excellento.

Bloodclod, i have a hitec 645 as well. I initially bought it to steer the TXT but found it too weak (like old SAF Merc 3 tonner with no power steering... i want to see the tires move well even when stationary). The Sanwa kicks ass.
Old 09-10-2002, 11:33 AM

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Pineapplet - Where did you get the Sanwa and how costly are they? Also wondering where you got the tires on your yellow-hummered Dominator?
Old 09-10-2002, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Default servo and threads

Both at our favourite LHS! Not sure if she still has those bowties, but there's another thread pattern that's plenty in stock.

As for the VB, its pricey... more than twice the price of the 645.. but well worth it.
Old 09-10-2002, 07:55 PM

hmmm... I was interested in some pin-spikes. She has the OFNA racing tires in stock but I was hoping to try some pro-lines.

Those bowties are Proline yes?
Old 09-10-2002, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Default nope.. Hobao Racing!

They are Hobao! Not really bowties.. leaning more towards step-pins i guess... But excellent for hard-packed dusty and loose small-dirt places. There's also another pattern available.. sort like small slashes (compromise between the pins and stock swooshes i guess)

Proline bowties are exorbitant IMHO. After we cough up for shipping and the exchange rate, i could buy two sets of Hobao tires locally from winnie...

Btw, where do you get the stuff tt you can't get here? You planning to make any shipments anytime soon? Been think of getting a Proline 1950s Chevy Panel Van... like this one..
Attached Thumbnails MT website-tom_truck.jpg  
Old 09-10-2002, 11:54 PM

They are Hobao???

Wow... I need to check out what other tires Hobao has.

hmmm... I don't think Winnie has any more of them. I did see the "slash" pattern...

I haven't shipped stuff in a while but that is a nice body. Can't Winnie get Proline bodies for you?
Old 09-11-2002, 01:09 AM
Tech Master

Default gettin da goods

Unfortunately, I think those are the only two other varieties of maxx-sized rubber Hobao have made. More than adequate tho'... In fact, i was quite content with the nike swooshes... the pins were a bit of a whim (ah heck, 80% of the stuff on my truck is a whim.. the dom really doesn't need anything except for some good shock oil and good diff oil).

Winnie's shipping is *s-l-o-w*.. no offense to her, but she'll tend to pick the 'slow boat from HK/Taiwan' method of shipping.. which saves her a tonne if she can squeeze an entire inventory into one corner of a container. A lot of RC buying is impulse... and basically if i don't get my shell within the month, i'll not be as enthusastic as i was when the urge started... (a sad sad RC head-case.. i know)

If you want grip on Tampines, i think those slashes would be an improvement over the Nikes. Btw, winnie told us you might be avoiding the place after a couple of crashes.. say it ain't so!
Old 09-11-2002, 09:51 AM

lol! The crashes won't make me avoid the place but I do prefer running in conditions of better traction. Fun as the Tampines site was, the crazy wheel-spins soon got a little dry.

I promise I won't strike it off as a bashing ground. <grin>

BTW, is it possible to use the carpark there?
Old 09-11-2002, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

To park or to play? Parking yes... playing might be a bit rough.. those rocks will probably end up somewhere in the chassis and jam on the flywheel.. stalling the whole car...
Old 09-11-2002, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Lightbulb hmm traction woes..

Bloodclod.. was just thinking abt your traction woes... did you rebuild the diffs in the kit? What are they filled up with?

You might see a great improvement by filling up the diffs with silicon diff oil... i run 50k at the back and 100k in front... lets the truck pull away quite straight and true with less wheelspin (throttle control helps too!)
Old 09-11-2002, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone have this, care to share exp? thx.
Old 09-11-2002, 08:15 PM

For parking lah.

So I just go ahead and open the barrier myself to drive in? Din really know if that was allowed the last time I was there... hehe.

I will get some of the Silicon grease and fill up the diff cases today or tomorrow... does our dear LHS carry those weights? I did think of doing that...

GTO2 - I don't think the Savage has been released yet (but I could be wrong). The truck sounds pretty well spec-ed... .21 engine, 2-speeds (reverse module is optional - i.e. more $$$), Maxx style suspension with 7" long shocks...

The Fuel tank looks vulnerable though... and while the twin-plate design looks too-cool(!), the downside is that it could make maintenance complicated if not properly designed.
Old 09-11-2002, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

huh? barrier? Well, i think on weekends the barrier must be down.. you just drive past the traffic lights and you're in! I have never experienced the barrier being up before.. even on early Sunday mornings..
Hmm... diff oils she should have. In fact, i think i saw big piles of the stuff next to all the Trinity shock oil she keeps in the glass cabinet (ok.. scary huh? i bet there're lots of ppl in this board who have memorised the shop layout.. cialat)
Not cheap though.. roughly 30 bucks or so a pop. Get the Mugen 100k and 50k.. useful for tuning all sorts 1/8 diffs.

So will we see your truk finally this Sat???

And the Savage, i suspect, is like lots of HPI stuff... very pretty to look at, but not the strongest builds. Also, considering how HPI is retailed locally, i shudder to think about the parts support and the prices...

Associated BFT anyone? woot!
Old 09-11-2002, 10:16 PM

30 bucks a pop? WHOA!

Oh well... I guess like all things RC - they are a necessity. <grin>

As for the LHS, I think most of us not only know the layout by heart, but if you think about it you probably also have your set "pattern" of movement each time you enter the store.
Old 09-11-2002, 10:18 PM

The barrier at Tampines is not the up-and-down variety... its the black swing barrier just at the traffic light. When I went on Wednesday last week it was closed... not locked... but closed nonetheless.

hmmm... I may not be free Saturday but I may go down again tomorrow if weather permits.

Is CCK track only open on weekends?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.