Brushless Motor Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brushless Motor Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 12:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

spawn: how do u power the fan? also how big is the little little fan?
Old 07-02-2002, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

small little brushless computer fan, about the size of a quarter of a 3.5" diskette...and powered by 9v batt... if you know how to solder properly, anything can be done...
Old 07-02-2002, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Most effective method of keeping your Brushless esc cool is too cut a little slot in your bodyshell. All the electric flight guys have little slots in their planes to cool the esc. this works very well.
Old 07-30-2002, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

any1 tried this BL sold by sam?...Schulze Elektronik BL esc...
any comments???
Old 07-31-2002, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by snoopy
Alot of the car manufacturers ie orion, trinity, reedy etc etc don't want brushless motors because they will loose out on millions $$$ from selling brushes, brush springs, comm truers, etc etc.

Alot of the brushless technology is coming from electric flight manufacturers, who have been using it for years now.

Now that i have brushless i will only ever need about 3 motors for racing, because they will not wear out.
Hi Snoopy, nice of you to contribute your experience. BTW, what ESC are you using for your brushless setup? I heard there are some brushless motor that has cooling coil system but even more expensive.

How do we measure the power of the motor? horsepower? watt? Thks!
Old 09-04-2002, 05:55 AM
Tech Addict

Ok back to BL discussion.
Report:
I was at PA last Sat testing my car with Dr Ngoh and his BL TC3 again. It seem like the last time some radio problem limited his full throttle. Now his car could keep up behind the slower 1/8s! Most amazing thing I found out is that he can gear his LMT BL(9T equivalent) up to 6.5:1 with six cells without the motor getting hot. Thats stock motor gearing! It seems that BLs can be geared very high and still respond. Makes me want to get get BL bad. To me the throttle response seems very good at the large track but I have yet to try it at smaller tracks.
Old 09-04-2002, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Throttle response really depends on the ESC, buying the wrong esc will give you crap response. As to which is best... I have no clue, but I am happy with mine except that it is really uncontrollable if I gear it anything below 8.5, It flies.... will smash into wall if the track is small. best use with matched cell, you can actually see the car accelerate to almost top end in just a short distance. You will also need to balance the car and using 1 way to me is just not possible. Try with 3000mah hv and you will see the power of the cell and brushless.

I have read quite a bit about ppl having modeltech complaining about the setup. I guess you just have to stick to the proven setup. modeltech does not make their own esc and motor, relabeled from some german maker.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile Brushless Motor

Hi Guys,

When saying a brushless motor say 5 turns, will it equivalent to a modified motor 5 turns?

Also when you mention the brushless and ESC, will there be matching for the two? Or really they need not be the same brand?

Cheers
Old 09-19-2002, 02:41 AM
Tech Champion

Location: founding member of THE "like to post BIG BIG pictures in the Off Topic, Special Interest Group".
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

hey guys,
glad to have found this discussion.
i'm also thinking of going brushless...but for my TXT-1.
i want to go insane fast but don't wanna break my whole driveline!(which is stock for now)
thats my biggest worry.
i've looked around and LMT seems to be the brand to get. i could be wrong but....
its seems hacker has a habit of popping cans?!!! thats sounds painful and expensive.
sam at hobbylink sells LMT i believe.
any of you guys here run brushless on your MT?
if you can, can you post some pics? any MT can.
regards
darren
Old 09-19-2002, 06:54 AM
Tech Adept

recently i put in the brushless motor (bought from sam) 3100 LMT wif the schulze 58 brushless esc onto my txt-1. tried it at speedway track and the bushes infront of the track. was using 1 motor only. haven't tried it on rough terrain
Old 09-19-2002, 04:31 PM
Tech Champion

Location: founding member of THE "like to post BIG BIG pictures in the Off Topic, Special Interest Group".
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

great! hope you don't mind answering some question of mine....

what was the speed like? acceleration? top end?
and does it have brakes?
howmany cells can that esc take?
did the motor or the controller get hot?
how much did you pay for this setup?
and does your TXT tilt to the side when going forward?
how do you solve this?
what pinion size are you using?

sorry for all the questions but i'm very excited about the whole brushless thing.
Old 09-20-2002, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

Default Novak brushless system

novak has released their brushless esc n motor,but unable to find any reviews for it,...mayb it's still new.but the design is more 2 our standard esc.

www.towerhobbies.com selling for US290...

interesting...
any1 knows how much the shipping might cost?
Old 09-20-2002, 05:12 AM
Tech Addict

The shipping cost should be around 16~20 USD by Fedex / UPS, door-to-door. I believe you might want to accumulate more orders through friends before embarking on the orders as this will share the freight cost.

By the way, there was an article on the net that this product has been beaten by the Team Orion Vortex during a test run comparison. Just can't recall which site was it. The Vortex Brushless System has been in very low supply & even Tower Hobby could not confirm 100% when the stocks could arrive at their store. Only stated end of this month......

I have also seen Dr. Ngoh running his LMT 4200 with Schulze 58 ESC in MS. A GP TC was accidentally bumped by him along the straight due to the tremendous power available. Maybe the GP driver was not an experienced 1. Hey, no offence to GP guys.

Imagine the combo with the LMT 5300, it would have climbed onto the roof-top of the front car & say hello & bye-bye to the engine inside...

I don't know. I personally feel that the main advantage of BL is that it can minus out all the maintenance hassle with brush, comm, cleaner...&...&...&...... but give you a longer run time in return

Good nite!

Regards
Old 09-20-2002, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

do it work if i mix up the combo?...i mean use the novak brushless esc n then use it with the team orion vortex motor???

towerhobbies has the stock coming in on late sep...
a mistake i made,the novak system cost US250...
Old 09-20-2002, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

Ijnek, not sure if this can work. I think even they themselves need to test especially the braking effect. Just like the mixing of Schulze & LMT which worked well. But of course, this combo was proven a success in RCS during the first EP open race. Because cars are different from planes & boats where brakes are not an issue. You may want to check with Tower............

I wanted to get the Team Orion Vortex Controller & Motor, but even Hong Kong has no idea of the arrival date. Hope that Tower will obtain it by this month end.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.