Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
For those considering the Bullet ST/MT flux... >

For those considering the Bullet ST/MT flux...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

For those considering the Bullet ST/MT flux...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 05:06 AM
Tech Adept

Lolol,you damn heng sia...if it still continues,upgrade to 2.4mghz liao...
Old 01-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

After some calculation ... i found that if i want to use the 3s 2200mah 35c lipo , i can only use the 60a esc for my truck . Anyway , i also heard pple say that the bullet can only sustain a 60a esc . Anything more , you have to start stocking on spare parts already . So any good 60a esc to recomend and also do i have to change the motor ?
Old 01-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twe75
If my lipo's are 3s 35 to 45c , 35c and 2s lipo's are 35c , 35 to 70c discharge . Will i be able to use them for the 120a esc you recomend or do i have to change lipo's ? If i have to change almost all my lipo's then i rather not get it due to budget .

What's the price range of the motor ? And where is Rlau99 shop ? So far i only been to almost all rc shops in ochard area . Does winni or Rlau sell this esc too ? And how much ?

Is it ok if i clean my truck by splashing water on it using the showerhead ? Of cos i removed the batteries from it . After splashing and spraying water on the truck then i use cloth to clean it ( but not to extent of dismantling everything ) . Is that ok or acceptable ?

Also i thought the stock esc have signal loss throttle cut but today , i lost control of my truck and it keep moving on its own . Nearly end up in a lake ... if not for a tree root overturn it . I'm using the stock fm tx but i didn't extent the antenna fully though only half of its length .
the 120a esc can take those lipos, no problem.. the motor price range varies, depends on how much kv motor u take.. winnie and Rlau both have the 120a esc.

for the stock truck(the 1st batch) i think its definitely a no-no to wash it under a shower head.. but if its the newer waterproof version then its fine.

After some calculation ... i found that if i want to use the 3s 2200mah 35c lipo , i can only use the 60a esc for my truck . Anyway , i also heard pple say that the bullet can only sustain a 60a esc . Anything more , you have to start stocking on spare parts already . So any good 60a esc to recomend and also do i have to change the motor ?
why can u only use the 60a? the 120a esc price not much different but specs are much better.. esc give power only, so how come bullet can only take 60a esc? u can even have a 150a esc in it and still run the same motor, its still no different, as it will still run the same. better to have an overkill esc and then u can play around with motors, rather than having a normal esc and having to worry it'll blow if a faster motor is used. right?

those ppl who say bullet can only take 60a esc got no idea what they're talking about.. its motor that matters, not the esc..
Old 01-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default A good informative guide on electronics setup etc..

http://robotwars.00server.com/tutorials.html
Old 01-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the answer , but i,m worried about the batteries . Are they able to sustain such high drain and still remain usable . Cos i read that if the esc amp is too high for the battery , it will become bloated and shorten the battery life .

I read that 2200mah 35c discharge , have to 2.2 x 35 = 77ampere nia . How to squeeze out 120ampere ?

And also with such high esc , my playing time sure shorten right ;p .
Old 01-07-2012, 11:28 PM
Tech Adept

duh,i suggest u try to get the ESC that is in my savage XS,its a vapor pro...i think current draw should be in the same range as the reload V2...

BTW twe75 i drove your bullet flux for awhile i find the speed a bit decent leh!? Can see sand fly etc not high enough for you ar?? Although cant match up to my XS ROFLMAO,u full throttle on my XS you will see the tire balloon up and become unstable hahaha...thats why I can NEVER go full power on my XS.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:31 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the answer , but i,m worried about the batteries . Are they able to sustain such high drain and still remain usable . Cos i read that if the esc amp is too high for the battery , it will become bloated and shorten the battery life .

I read that 2200mah 35c discharge , have to 2.2 x 35 = 77ampere nia . How to squeeze out 120ampere ?

And also with such high esc , my playing time sure shorten right ;p .

actually it doesn't really matter. the 120a is the max amps the esc can take, no that it requires 120a draw. i've been running 20c 2s 4000mah lipos with my 120a SCT pro esc for quite a while now, no issues at all. and play time depends on motor and battery. the motor initiates the current draw through the esc, which then draws power from the battery.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

You said it dude , a bit decent , the sand fly is due to the chevron marking on the tyre ( starting to like the tyre ) . Abt tyre ballooning , qks , how you prevent ballooning ? Wait later i buy liao , my tyre keep ballooning lol . Ndrew , you car not only can catch up my car , some more can run over my tyre while mine is still spinning lor lol . If my car go faster then can tempt more pple to get into this hobby muahahahahahaa cos i always play at my nearby football field many parent bring their children walk past and envy hehe .

I just check and found jethobby also selling the combo but in access of $200 . But they will be having a sale this cmg friday n sat . Wonder how much will it come down on the price . But i don't know much abt the motors that package with it

Ok QKS tell me a good motor from leapord hobby , i will check it out with winnie . I'll be using 2s and 3s lipo's on it . Not sure abt 4s , maybe it will cause more frequent ballooning .
Old 01-08-2012, 06:28 AM
Tech Adept

Heh today the bash was cancelled due to a sudden downpour at punggol end road...anyway decided to dump all my batteries by running my car through the water puddles that have formed at the basketball court near my house...

There was a couple who saw it ripping across with water spraying behind its path and the first thing they asked me was "OMG IS THAT RC CAR RUNNING ON BATTERIES!?" the guy sat down and shared with me that he formerly raced nitro(glow engine fuel) on-road during the 1995 to 2000...but after starting to get involved in a relationship and the fact he could not afford to maintain the hobby cos having to buy the fuel and etc...

He told me he never liked electric battery powered RC cars with brushed motors during his time cos very "slow" but he was shocked to see my car being able to achieve such speeds and acceleration and the fact that my tires can balloon if i put too much power at once,and the water resistant electronics had him thrilled...

Had a chat with him about the "in" and "revolutionary" Brushless systems and lipo batteries and how its actually taking over nitro by storm...he told me he might just feel like getting back into the hobby by purchasing one of those brushless powered RC cars.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

You said it dude , a bit decent , the sand fly is due to the chevron marking on the tyre ( starting to like the tyre ) . Abt tyre ballooning , qks , how you prevent ballooning ? Wait later i buy liao , my tyre keep ballooning lol . Ndrew , you car not only can catch up my car , some more can run over my tyre while mine is still spinning lor lol . If my car go faster then can tempt more pple to get into this hobby muahahahahahaa cos i always play at my nearby football field many parent bring their children walk past and envy hehe .

I just check and found jethobby also selling the combo but in access of $200 . But they will be having a sale this cmg friday n sat . Wonder how much will it come down on the price . But i don't know much abt the motors that package with it

Ok QKS tell me a good motor from leapord hobby , i will check it out with winnie . I'll be using 2s and 3s lipo's on it . Not sure abt 4s , maybe it will cause more frequent ballooning .

for tire ballooning, i'd usually use gum tape to tape 2 rounds inside the tire before mounting/glueing with inserts. that helps quite a bit, as it increases tire rigidity and prevents tire from deforming.

for the motor, check out this page : Motor Specs
i'd recommend the 2700kv or 3180kv motor with 3S. i don't recommend 4s though.. seriously.
u might wanna check out Ebay as well, they might have it cheaper if u get them separately.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry , but i just read that the lower the kv rating for a motor , the slower it is but have higher torgue . So by using a lower kv motor , it means the motor will actually move slower ? Although i know the impt of torgue for my truck , but i really wanted my truck to go faster then before . Can kindly explain how by using a lower kv rating motor , my truck will move faster ?

Although i know that in order to run 3s for my truck , i have to change it due to the charateristic of the motor , but i am curious as how a " slower " motor can make a truck or car run faster . By enabling it to be able to use higher pinion gear ?

Last edited by twe75; 01-08-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

QKS , is the price for this esc http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Model-Bru...item3cbd805b14 and this motor http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEOPARD-Boat...item3cb8196ab2 reasonable ?

Or should i just buy the motor from winnie ? And do they come with manual ? Cos i don't have the lcd programmer hope don't need to yet , cos this 2 is already burning a super large hole in my pocket .
Old 01-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

QKS , is the price for this esc http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Model-Bru...item3cbd805b14 and this motor http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEOPARD-Boat...item3cb8196ab2 reasonable ?

Or should i just buy the motor from winnie ? And do they come with manual ? Cos i don't have the lcd programmer hope don't need to yet , cos this 2 is already burning a super large hole in my pocket .
You may want to consider to buy from local shop as the price is just 5% to 10% different (local shop will provide you the warrantee if anythings goes wrong).
Old 01-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Rlau , may i know where's your shop ? Hope to have your shop address as i may go down to take a look tomorrow or day after . And if i buy from you , can you program it for me to suit the bullet ?
Old 01-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Rlau , may i know where's your shop ? Hope to have your shop address as i may go down to take a look tomorrow or day after . And if i buy from you , can you program it for me to suit the bullet ?
PM Sent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.