Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
1/12th, Formula 1 and Pro 10 pan cars >

1/12th, Formula 1 and Pro 10 pan cars

1/12th, Formula 1 and Pro 10 pan cars

Old 06-05-2002, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by fReShJiVe

hey jack!if i'm not mistaken winnie has a few foam donut that will for your pancar....it's by frewer....i think i saw it in a small box hidden under the display that has the shock oil...try asking her...if she has it then maybe u can let me run it for once
hahah those??
i try those before already...
Old 06-05-2002, 10:53 PM
Tech Addict

I know its a pain to get stuff online. The LHS simply wont bother about bringing in products for small number of racers. If we were to get parts only from LHS then I think we have to stick to running touring cars.
Old 06-05-2002, 10:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Jack

hahah those??
i try those before already...
hehe ...must be no good one
Old 06-05-2002, 10:59 PM
Tech Addict

Freshjive: Do you think they can bring in the Yokomo car? It will be great if they can. I always wished I had one. That car is way cool and looks like it can corner at 5g. Be prepared to pay the same as a TRF 414
Old 06-05-2002, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

i'm not sure though...i dont even know him...i dont mind paying more when i know i'll get stuffs as and when i need it
Old 06-05-2002, 11:50 PM
Tech Regular

it's unfortunate that ever since ep touring cars became popular pan cars have been pushed to the sidelines. the decreasing popularity has meant that the 1/10 pan cars class has been dropped from the ifmar onroad world champs just held recently.

i have a sp12g3 second hand which i bought recently. i have driven it at marina south and it was pretty fun, even though it was just a 27turn stock. i do not think i'll play it at yuan ching as the track is too rough for it.

you're right in that LHS will not bring in pan cars as there's hardly any market potential left. the LHS seem only interested in 1/10 gp nowadays. sigh.

btw, the sp12m comes in fiberglass or graphite versions, which explains why there may price differences.
Old 06-06-2002, 12:57 AM
Tech Regular

Kyew: Yah man... now most local hobbyshops pushing nitro tourers very aggressively. Dunno why leh, are electric cars really that unprofitable?
I have my own theory, will offend some ppl but here goes.
Most ppl getting into this hobby tends to associate battery power with Nikko toy cars. To them, electric cars will always be the poorer cousin of the gas cars, slower, no noise, no siok and pathetic run time, "why bother" kinda of cars. Of coz, electric hardcores like me know the above is not true
But what does it take for a beginner to see that electric cars are not slow and the whine of a electric motor do sound intoxicating?
Lets be honest here, its usually the beginners in this hobby who spend MORE, wisely or otherwise.... Gas cars are percieved to be more complex and hence ppl tend to find higher costs for them easier to justify.
Add to that lot, electric cars tend to "buy and forget" to the hobbyshops involved, properly taken care of batteries last a long time but gas cars with always need their supply of nitromethane.
SIGH... until Singapore gets back to the time 2 years ago when electrics have a decent following..... it looks like dark days ahead for electric lovers here in the Republic
Old 06-06-2002, 01:18 AM
Tech Regular

Nightkidz: i dabbled in nitro for a while, but i found that i still like electric more. those who think nitro is fast have never seen a 1/10 pan car with a 10turn motor at PA track.
but you are right in saying a lot of pple associate ep cars with nikko toys.
most pple, even newcomers, are indeed attracted to nitro becos of the noise. someone once commented to me that ep drivers/racers tend to be younger, better educated and more interested/adaptable to technology (just look at our escs, chargers, etc) while the opposite number (ah bengs, boy racer types who like loud exhausts pipes, etc) like nitro becos they can't understand the instructions on todays' escs and chargers (no offence to anyone, this is someone else's light hearted comments which i'm just putting here, pl don't take it seriously)

as long as we support the ep races (eg Terence's CCK series), ep will still be around. anyway, in land scarce and densely populated spore where noise pollution can be an issue, ep will continue to survive.

long live ep.

Last edited by Kyew; 06-06-2002 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-06-2002, 04:03 AM
Tech Addict

Very good point Nightkids and Kyew. I have run gas touring before. I still prefer electric. Why? With gp I always bring back a car fill with grime and dirt and spend time cleaning up. The complexity of these car and engine tuning wears me down. The track condition changes constantly during race day making tyres a guess work. The constant grinding noise of the engines is irritating .....etc. Ok enuf said.
Old 06-06-2002, 04:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

HI,

anyone interested in Team Associated 1/10 or 1/12 pan car?

It is small and extremely fast!

Fully graphite and comes with titanium turnbuckle and coloured aluminim screws.

Kit comes with Jaco tyres (Pro-line) nut no body.
Old 06-06-2002, 04:21 AM
Tech Addict

You have the RC10L2? How much and whats the condition?
Old 06-06-2002, 04:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

Can order a few kit together and can get cheaper. Got lobang in US, plus shipping to SIngapore 1/12 pro kit with graphite about $300 and 1/10 pro kit about $350-360.
Old 06-06-2002, 04:51 AM
Tech Regular

the problem with associated car is that the screws and nuts are imperial sizes. You need to have the tools for the car.
Old 06-06-2002, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

ordering kits from US is not a problem...see what happen to our friend ,jack!! he cant run his just because have no foam donuts!! i think i will only get a pro 10 if there's support here....maybe foam we can still get it round here...but what if the steering upright break???will u want to buy a $10 part and needing to pay $10-20 on shipping and wait for a week for it(i dun mind but read on) and when it arrive here u fix it and when u run it again u break something after the first run(yes i drive like a blind man).....then what??maybe pay for a $20 part+$10-20shipping and wait again.......i still prefer to go to a LHS to buy parts....break something go LHS buy it ,run it again the next day...
i want to run a pancar just because i feel it's way cheaper to run it rather than mod touring and be asble to achieve approx. the same speed in straight and corners...but keep buying parts online will only make it expensive to run it(i'm not rich)...if that's the case i think it would be better off running a touring mod considering 1/10th scale EP has way better support......tires are definitely no a problem here
Old 06-06-2002, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Jimmyd and Kyew : Hehehehe interesting points you guys brought out.
Hehehe actually I DO LOVE AH BENG TYPE LOUD EXHAUST CARS
BUT I prefer loud exhaust with good bass, whistling turbo, nice sharp blowoff valves and a good anti-lag "bang bang" on gear shifts : D that pretty much rules out wailing 2 strokes no?
SIGH cannot afford to mod 1:1 car in Singapore leh... much less race them No choice lah, have to settle for toy cars.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.